Virginia guns appear in other states'...

Virginia guns appear in other states' crimes

There are 13 comments on the Cavalier Daily story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Virginia guns appear in other states' crimes. In it, Cavalier Daily reports that:

In the wake of yesterday's shooting incident at the University of Texas - in which a student opened fire and then killed himself - gun control is once again at the forefront of public dialogue, and results from a recent study about gun use show that Virginia could be a focal point in the ongoing debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cavalier Daily.

true

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2010
no thugs who steal guns go outside of state and sell them, so all you anti gun idiots can suc a egg. criminals will allways have guns if you let corrupt government take yours you will be giving to bigger thiefs
beckgetsit

Richmond, VA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
true wrote:
no thugs who steal guns go outside of state and sell them, so all you anti gun idiots can suc a egg. criminals will allways have guns if you let corrupt government take yours you will be giving to bigger thiefs
Agree. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will only increase crime because we could not protect ourselves from real criminals. Research shows this all the time, overwhelmingly time and time again.
Charley

Sparta, TN

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Most all states, not just Virginia.
Elroy

Powhatan, VA

#4 Sep 29, 2010
if a gun ban ever looks like its getting approved revolt is the only way to stay free.
jim2051

AOL

#5 Sep 29, 2010
Elroy wrote:
if a gun ban ever looks like its getting approved revolt is the only way to stay free.
You might be right hoss. But they will have to ammend the bill of rights. Check out number 2 on that list. Right to bear arms. They just did not know way back then that we would be using them against each other. Suprised that they did not repeal that one after the Civil War.
Bill

Tipton, CA

#6 Sep 30, 2010
My gun was in Wyoming. I bagged a nice elk last year.
Turkey Vulture

AOL

#7 Sep 30, 2010
I don't fear criminals with guns. Just my idiot neighbors, who show no consideration for their neighbors' safety or disturbance by noise. What Virginia needs is a mandatory gun ownership class to teach the "law-abiding" owners some respect for others.
french dip

AOL

#9 Oct 1, 2010
Lets get the same law they have in Kennessaw,Georgia!

Every household MUST have a firearm and ammunition under penalty of law. The crime rate went down 75%
Now thats a law we can all live with!!
jim2051

AOL

#10 Oct 1, 2010
Bill wrote:
My gun was in Wyoming. I bagged a nice elk last year.
How about coming to Virginia and kill some of the deer we have here taking over. State Game Commission is like the rest of the state they can't control anything either.

Since: Sep 10

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 1, 2010
The politically-correct media is just a tool used to promote anti-gun sentiment in Va and abroad. I'm sick of reading and hearing all the ant-gun crap. I'm a member of the NRA and I also have a carry permit. I do think that we have far too many nuts killing innocent people with guns(and knives and whatever), so we need to get rid of the nuts, not the guns. Law abiding citizens need the guns to protect themselves from the nuts.
Jeff K

Fayetteville, GA

#12 Oct 2, 2010
How about telling the politicians in New York and New Jersey that we will keep all of our guns here in Virginia if they promise to keep their criminals up there in NY and NJ?

Sounds like a fair deal to me. LOL!

"Gun control is never about guns. It's about control." -- R. Wayne LaPierre
OldBikr

Gloucester, VA

#13 Oct 4, 2010
Jeff K wrote:
How about telling the politicians in New York and New Jersey that we will keep all of our guns here in Virginia if they promise to keep their criminals up there in NY and NJ?
WORKS FOR ME!
Paul

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2010
Jeff K wrote:
"Right on brother" or left arm, I get them confused!! LOL Pablo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudoun County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton: Child care now costs more than... May '16 Three Days 1
News Clinton launches general-election swing in Va. ... May '16 Truth 73
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
News LuAnn Bennett Announces Run for Congress (Dec '15) Dec '15 Vrmaddox 1
News D.C.-area tornado watch (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 7
/[]Trying To Get My Father's House[]\ (Apr '15) Apr '15 jbuividas 1
urgent mus read (Apr '15) Apr '15 jbuividas 1
More from around the web