Metro Momentum Offers Expansive Plans...

Metro Momentum Offers Expansive Plans for System's Future

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 1, 2013, titled Metro Momentum Offers Expansive Plans for System's Future. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A $26 billion strategic plan released by Metro last week gave a glimpse at the agency's vision - which includes several substantial recommendations like new Potomac River crossings and new metro stations - for taking the transit agency into 2025, 2040 and beyond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Bob Bruhns

Manassas, VA

#1 Feb 1, 2013
This article appears in different newspapers, variously attributed to different editors and writers who took credit for it, but in fact it appears to be a propaganda piece from a 'Press Kit' to sell the latest $26 Billion transit ripoff to a gullible public. Shame on WMATA or whoever handed this out, and shame on the editors and writers who wrongfully took credit for it, and who took the easy way out to fill some blank space by pushing ripoff propaganda. And whoever put it out - how about 'fessing up? Hmmm? Nooo, you prefer to hide behind the curtain, don't you.
Bob Bruhns

Manassas, VA

#2 Feb 2, 2013
I was mistaken - the multiple attribution was the result of a small technical error on the part of one editor who did not mean to take credit for the article or to conceal its source, but who meant only to carry the article, with proper attribution, on his local news site. The article was written by two editors from that news organization, and was not simply lifted from 'press kit' propaganda material from anybody. It sure looked like it to me, but I was wrong. My apologies to those editors and to all readers.(No, I wasn't sued or threatened, I just wanted to correct MY mistake.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudoun County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple's shocking racist 'tip' for waitress Jan 12 Teyla 20
News Man shot puppy in self-defense, authorities say Oct '16 AlexGeise 2
Loudoun County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Oct '16 Olivia 2
News Hillary Clinton: Child care now costs more than... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 1
News Clinton launches general-election swing in Va. ... (May '16) May '16 Truth 73
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
News LuAnn Bennett Announces Run for Congress (Dec '15) Dec '15 Vrmaddox 1
More from around the web