gotta love steve's chances

Posted in the Loudon County Forum

matt

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2010
After seeing the crowd at the sheriff's get together at the redskin cafe today, I'm liking steve's chances a whole lot
Zeke

Englewood, TN

#2 Apr 11, 2010
Probably just there for the buffet.
matt

United States

#3 Apr 11, 2010
well, there was a lot of food left over then, because there wasn't much of a crowd
Lil Ricki

Knoxville, TN

#4 Apr 11, 2010
If Guider don't quit braggin on the $250K he supposedly saved the county last year, somebody's gonna call him on it.
matt

United States

#5 Apr 11, 2010
well, how much did he sue the county for after last re-election? how much did the county pay out in legal funds defending the deputies (and probably their wives) after they were indicted?
FYI

Loudon, TN

#6 Apr 13, 2010
matt wrote:
well, how much did he sue the county for after last re-election? how much did the county pay out in legal funds defending the deputies (and probably their wives) after they were indicted?
FYI The sheriff wasn't the only one who sued the county (I think he dropped his before it really went anywhere). Your Circuit Court Clerk (Lisa Niles) did also. And she hired 2 of Doyle Arp's relatives, her own brother, and now another clerk's office employee's daughter. Ah... nepotism. Ya gotta love it. Also, the county doesn't foot the bill for the deputies or their wives. That comes out of their pocket. If the county paid for it, they probably wouldn't have all had T. Scott Jones as their attorney (he's a little pricey).
matt

United States

#7 Apr 13, 2010
fyi, so you think they all had the $$$ to pay for t scott? man, the county must pay well....as for lisa niles, I don't care who she hired, guider is bragging about saved money, but forgets how he sued to get his budget increased....all for somehow not being able to put more than 3 deputies on patrol for evening and night shift. must be nice to rely on lenoir city and loudon city to help answer half of you calls for you because all the supervisors have the weekends off...and don't dispute that because that is the truth
FYI

Corryton, TN

#8 Apr 13, 2010
matt wrote:
fyi, so you think they all had the $$$ to pay for t scott? man, the county must pay well....as for lisa niles, I don't care who she hired, guider is bragging about saved money, but forgets how he sued to get his budget increased....all for somehow not being able to put more than 3 deputies on patrol for evening and night shift. must be nice to rely on lenoir city and loudon city to help answer half of you calls for you because all the supervisors have the weekends off...and don't dispute that because that is the truth
As for how much the county pays all of the deputies, I guess you or I could find out. It is public record. The other thing is when the sheriff's lawsuit occurred, most of the other department heads sued also. Some dropped their suits because they got what they wanted or close enough.
I know a lot of the county officers and dispatchers. If you think that the cities answer half of their calls, you're crazy. I checked with one of my dispatcher friends. Very rarely does a city officer have to take a county call. They will occasionally back one up on a domestic or something like that. But she told me that the county will also help with city calls when needed.
And finally, the only supervisors with weekends off are the office higher ups. The shift supervisors from what I have been told do work weekends. As for 3 people working, one of deputy friends told me there are certainly more than that scheduled to work, but people do get sick or take a vacation. I guess some like to take vacation on the weekends sometimes. But I guess you probably don't think they need a vacation, because being a police officer is not really a stressful job... is it? Let's face it, you are one of those people who either hate the sheriff, the deputies, or both. So there is more info fro you.
matt

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2010
fyi, i'm not sure who your talking to, but all you have to do is listen to a scanner and you will hear the cities continually helping the county answer calls. I know several deputies, and this last saturday night, they had two full time deputies with a COMBINED 4 years experience working and a part time deputy. 3 deputies with little experience working on a saturday night. sorry, but that is piss poor management. no disrespect the the ones who were working. loudon city had 3 working and i think lenoir city had 4 working (maybe 3). THOSE NUMBERS ARE FACTUAL. so, if loudon county has roughly 40 thousand residents, 8 thousand reside in lenoir city, and about 5 reside in loudon city, so that leaves 27 thousand people with 3 deputies to service them. IF THATS THE BEST THEY CAN DO WITH THEIR RESOURCES, THEY NEED TO BE VOTED OUT. no excuse
Dude

Corryton, TN

#10 Apr 13, 2010
matt wrote:
fyi, i'm not sure who your talking to, but all you have to do is listen to a scanner and you will hear the cities continually helping the county answer calls. I know several deputies, and this last saturday night, they had two full time deputies with a COMBINED 4 years experience working and a part time deputy. 3 deputies with little experience working on a saturday night. sorry, but that is piss poor management. no disrespect the the ones who were working. loudon city had 3 working and i think lenoir city had 4 working (maybe 3). THOSE NUMBERS ARE FACTUAL. so, if loudon county has roughly 40 thousand residents, 8 thousand reside in lenoir city, and about 5 reside in loudon city, so that leaves 27 thousand people with 3 deputies to service them. IF THATS THE BEST THEY CAN DO WITH THEIR RESOURCES, THEY NEED TO BE VOTED OUT. no excuse
Are you not one of those illiterates bitching about the sheriff & other office holders suing the county for additional help?? Well, dumbass, that's exactly what it's for. You hafta work with what's available. People have to have time off-some might be in specialized schools-some could have been sick. With budget as it is-for every dept.-you can't afford to pay overtime. Next yr's budget is not approved & this years is pretty much spent. Since you head's in a scanner-you should know that if something really bad happens-dispatch pages out reinforcements-supervisors who don't get compensation/overtime-they're on call 24/7 & that's no matter who the sheriff is. It's always easy to criticize when you don't know facts of what your bitching about.
Dude

Corryton, TN

#11 Apr 13, 2010
matt why don't you try to join the reserves-doubt they would have you, but it's worth a shot. It's different looking from the inside out
matt

United States

#12 Apr 13, 2010
dude, did it ever cross your mind that people do know what is going on, because many do....fyi, they weren't sick or at a school, just the same supervisors that never come to work...if you know any deputies, just ask who i'm talking about, they will tell you....or maybe your one of the ones i'm talking about...page out reinforcements, thats a good one...
uhm

Kingston, TN

#13 Apr 13, 2010
matt wrote:
Actually there "know it all" the supervisors do NOT have the weekends off,MANY of them work on weekends,I can name you a couple if you would like,the administration,however,does have weekends off,but they are salary,they work 15-20 hours a day sometimes,they deserve it,and they also come in on weekends when needed,know your facts before you start talking.
uhm

Kingston, TN

#14 Apr 13, 2010
ALL shifts,weekend,week,first,seco nd,third,ALL have supervisors who work those shifts!
matt

United States

#15 Apr 14, 2010
uhm, go find out what the second and third shift supervisors have off and then find out when they actually work ....if you then guider, aikens or davis have ever worked 15 hours a day, then go wait by the door for the easter bunny and santa. if they work that hard, it's because they or their family are being investigated or indicted...oh, I forgot, those charges were dismissed on technicalities....how convenient
Big T

Knoxville, TN

#16 Apr 14, 2010
matt wrote:
uhm, go find out what the second and third shift supervisors have off and then find out when they actually work ....if you then guider, aikens or davis have ever worked 15 hours a day, then go wait by the door for the easter bunny and santa. if they work that hard, it's because they or their family are being investigated or indicted...oh, I forgot, those charges were dismissed on technicalities....how convenient
Who needs Santa, heck its Christmass 365 days a year out on the interstate. Let's see, what will Santa bring me today... how about a car full of cash...? yes a carfuul of cash would be nice...
interested

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 17, 2010
I'd like to join the reserves. Who do you have to blow?
Deputy Dog

Knoxville, TN

#18 Apr 18, 2010
interested wrote:
I'd like to join the reserves. Who do you have to blow?
His name is Diego. He's a Belgian Shepard and he apparently runs this place.
paulie

United States

#19 Apr 18, 2010
This gordon guy must be a real bad ass. he had them all scared to death

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Big Kahuna Wings bans lawful carry Mar 27 Pistol packing momma 9
Bill Haslam Ripped Off Tennessee (Jul '10) Mar '15 palmtreeseverywhere 7
News Adult education program honors GED graduates (Jul '13) Mar '15 jordennancy23 2
Iva's Place 4600 Hines Valley Rd (Sep '14) Feb '15 Pissed Off 6
Did Cissy Chapman really get fred today? (Sep '10) Feb '15 Gerald and Terry 162
News Eight days of school missed, no calendar change... (Jan '11) Jan '15 Jadynn 30
News Former jailer charged with stealing from inmate Jan '15 Seen it before 1
More from around the web