Should Angie Vittatoe Be Elected Loud...

Should Angie Vittatoe Be Elected Loudon County Clerk?

There are 84 comments on the www.topix.com story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Should Angie Vittatoe Be Elected Loudon County Clerk? . In it, www.topix.com reports that:

(guest editorial, by Amy Vittatoe)

I was recently informed of Angie Housley Vittatoe's interest in running for Loudon County Clerk and the thought of this humors me. Mrs. Angie Vittatoe does not hold the qualifications needed for a position of such importance. If she had the qualifications she still does not possess the morals and ethical standards needed to hold such a respectable job.

I am in disbelief that Mrs. Vittatoe actually feels that she is a good candidate for Loudon County Clerk after the immoral behaviors she has displayed over the past few years while working for Loudon County Government.

Does Mrs. Vittatoe think the community has forgotten her public affair in 2005 with her current husband Jeff Vittatoe while they were both in long-term marriages? Does she believe the public has forgotten her allegations that she was carrying Mr. Vittatoe's child, hoping that he would leave his wife and family to be with her after she developed an infatuation for him while he was investigating her cousin's murder? Does she think she has buried the secret of her past employment, from 2006-2007, hosting novelty parties and selling naughty toys?

On Angie’s campaign web page, none of these matters are in her "About Me" profile.

I personally have not forgotten the lustrous rendezvous that Jeff and Angie Vittatoe were having in motels during Loudon County Government work hours, because their immorality and lack of respect for marriages caused a great deal of hurt and humiliation for both her previous husband and me, Jeff's wife.

At the time of the affair Jeff and I had been married 6 years, and I stayed with him 2 years after the affair trying to work on our marriage.

That was the hardest two years of my life. But I was raised that marriage is a commitment to God and divorce is the last alternative.

Two years and one month later, in October of 2007, I left Jeff. I divorced him in December 2007 under the terms of his marital misconduct. About a month later, I discovered that Jeff and Angie had picked up on their relationship where they had left off, or at least claimed they had left off.

Knowing what I have endured from Angie Vittatoe over the past 4 years, she has demonstrated that she is not a good candidate for public office by her actions of dishonesty, impulsiveness and lack of concern for others.

(Click on headline for the remainder of article)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Geeter1

Stockbridge, GA

#1 Dec 19, 2009
Very well said. The truth needs to come out loud and clear about people who are running for public office and what they represent.
Undecided Voter

Shelbyville, TN

#2 Dec 19, 2009
I'm not promoting anyone for this office or any other office at this time. However, if we microscopically look at every candidate running for office, then I think you WILL find that everyone out there (locally, statewide, and even nationally) have something they have done in their past that they are not proud of and someone out there that has an ax to grind. Is Mrs. Vittatoe qualified? At this point I do not know, but what I do know is that she did serve as Deputy Clerk to Riley Wampler prior to leaving Loudon County Government, so she should be aware of what the position entails. Mrs. Russell having worked in Mr. Wampler's office for several years and also running for this position, should also be fully aware of what the position entails. The other candidates, to my knowledge, have never worked in or with this Clerk's office, but they may also be qualified based on other positions they have held. Do any of the candidates that are running for this or other public offices have skeletons in their closet? I'm sure they do, but I don't think it worthy of slandering them in public forums. Each voter must search their own heart and minds and make their decision in the booth. I would encourage every voter to get to know each of the candidates and not listen to radicals that use blogs to promote their negative agendas and who only choose to tear down and are not positive about ANY issue. I, for one, am undecided on who I am going to vote for, but I will get to know each candidate individually and make my own decision based on qualifications and who I believe is the best person. Not to discredit Mrs. Raper, but she has only stated one side of a story. I have learned through my many years that there is always two sides to every story and as a voter that is where getting to know the candidates will help me to decide. I would encourage voters to contact ALL the candidates, including Mrs. Vittatoe. I WILL BE!
Cissy Chapman

United States

#3 Dec 19, 2009
Undecided Voter wrote:
I'm not promoting anyone for this office or any other office at this time. However, if we microscopically look at every candidate running for office, then I think you WILL find that everyone out there (locally, statewide, and even nationally) have something they have done in their past that they are not proud of and someone out there that has an ax to grind. Is Mrs. Vittatoe qualified? At this point I do not know, but what I do know is that she did serve as Deputy Clerk to Riley Wampler prior to leaving Loudon County Government, so she should be aware of what the position entails. Mrs. Russell having worked in Mr. Wampler's office for several years and also running for this position, should also be fully aware of what the position entails. The other candidates, to my knowledge, have never worked in or with this Clerk's office, but they may also be qualified based on other positions they have held. Do any of the candidates that are running for this or other public offices have skeletons in their closet? I'm sure they do, but I don't think it worthy of slandering them in public forums. Each voter must search their own heart and minds and make their decision in the booth. I would encourage every voter to get to know each of the candidates and not listen to radicals that use blogs to promote their negative agendas and who only choose to tear down and are not positive about ANY issue. I, for one, am undecided on who I am going to vote for, but I will get to know each candidate individually and make my own decision based on qualifications and who I believe is the best person. Not to discredit Mrs. Raper, but she has only stated one side of a story. I have learned through my many years that there is always two sides to every story and as a voter that is where getting to know the candidates will help me to decide. I would encourage voters to contact ALL the candidates, including Mrs. Vittatoe. I WILL BE!
GREAT RESPONSE!!! Hopefully the voters will take your thoughts to heart and act responsibly. We've had enough "sour grapes" responses to open a vinegar factory. Capabilities, responsibilities, attitudes and aptitudes must be considered for each candidate. Please, Voters, don't believe everything you read on this blog, it's often far from the truth and very contrived.
AmyHasGUTS

Cleveland, TN

#4 Dec 19, 2009
So you all are disputing the testimony of Mr. Vittatoe's ex-wife? I believe that Amy, above all others, would KNOW what happened and how Angie played a part in bringing their marriage to an end. This is not excusing Mr. Vittatoe's behavior, but it does take two to tango, so they say.
Cissy Chapman

Knoxville, TN

#5 Dec 20, 2009
AmyHasGUTS wrote:
So you all are disputing the testimony of Mr. Vittatoe's ex-wife? I believe that Amy, above all others, would KNOW what happened and how Angie played a part in bringing their marriage to an end. This is not excusing Mr. Vittatoe's behavior, but it does take two to tango, so they say.
What testimony? was she sworn before she began writing? It's well proven, especially here, that anyone can write what they want, truth or not. It doesn't even have to be believable. But this is the same person who a few months back was even denying that a divorce existed-right Divelbiss? It's public record on file in General Sessions Court. Same woman who filed contempt concerning property she had been given-agreed all she wanted was money & out. Public record. If he was "violent", why wouldn't a person with common sense leave-no children involved, just a new house he had just built for them & his kids. You know sometimes people just fall out of love, lose respect or whatever, it's gone for who knows why. Some marriages just aren't meant to be. Personally, I don't think God wants his children to be miserable. I don't know what happened here-not my concern, but there comes a time to let go. Because a former partner has found happiness & you're still wallowing in misery is no reason to bash everyone-particularly by waiving all the dirt you can imagine in public because the parties are public employees. For gosh sakes, Amy, move on! You know Angie is qualified for the clerk's position & would do a great job. You just can't handle her running because you're bitter. Divorce is final a long time back. It's done. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Astonished

Rock Island, TN

#6 Dec 20, 2009
Wow, for someone who's worked in the judicial system as long as you have, Cissy, I'm taken aback by your "blame the victim" argument. You wrote: "If he was 'violent,' why wouldn't a person leave?" Have you never heard of battered wife syndrome?

The woman stated she stayed with him because she loved him and desperately wanted to make her marriage work. Can you blame her for that? As a third-party observer, what right do you have to contradict her? If the divorce is final, what could Amy possibly have to gain by making any of that stuff up?
Undecided Voter

Shelbyville, TN

#7 Dec 20, 2009
AmyHasGUTS wrote:
So you all are disputing the testimony of Mr. Vittatoe's ex-wife? I believe that Amy, above all others, would KNOW what happened and how Angie played a part in bringing their marriage to an end. This is not excusing Mr. Vittatoe's behavior, but it does take two to tango, so they say.
Please reread my post. I don't think I ever disputed anything, but rather stated that voters should check out both sides of a story before making decisions based only on posts on public forums. I suggested that voters get to know ALL candidates personally and not only rely on public forums for their information.
Cissy Chapman

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Astonished wrote:
Wow, for someone who's worked in the judicial system as long as you have, Cissy, I'm taken aback by your "blame the victim" argument. You wrote: "If he was 'violent,' why wouldn't a person leave?" Have you never heard of battered wife syndrome?
The woman stated she stayed with him because she loved him and desperately wanted to make her marriage work. Can you blame her for that? As a third-party observer, what right do you have to contradict her? If the divorce is final, what could Amy possibly have to gain by making any of that stuff up?
I know more about this situation than I care to divulge-not everything should be judged on a public forum-some things are best left private. I have same right to contradict her as you do me... Sure she loved him, but she was not a battered wife. What does she have to gain?
Trashing the woman who "has her man" because she seeks public office. Anyone can freely divorce the spouse at any time. If the spouse has proven that he/she does not want to stay in the marriage-why would you want him/her to stay. When it's over, it's done.
I have no "blame the victim" argument. key word was IF he was violent. However; I see a multitude of mostly women each day seeking orders of protection because they are deathly afraid of the signifigant other, only to call back later-often the same day- saying "I want to drop it, I lied just to get him out of the house." They tell the Judge same thing on court day & it's not because of fear. It's I'll show you-I'll have you jailed, sometimes because the new man in the picture dumps them because of their actions. I firmly believe the are battered wives who choose to live in it out of fear & not rock the boat, although they don't have to..they need & deserve help. I do not think that exists here. You took what WAS MINE so I'll get you back.
Cissy Chapman

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2009
Undecided Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please reread my post. I don't think I ever disputed anything, but rather stated that voters should check out both sides of a story before making decisions based only on posts on public forums. I suggested that voters get to know ALL candidates personally and not only rely on public forums for their information.
I got your point & as I stated I commend you for it. Appreciate your point of view, but particularly on this blog-honest opinions cannot be expressed without being trashed for speaking the truth. Particularly some of us. If a voter cannot ask questions, express opinions or try to obtain unbiased information, what will happen to us? I refuse to vote for or against anyone because I'm told to do so. I want to know facts, but for gosh sakes, don't depend on what written here only.
The Question

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 20, 2009
The question is: Can she perform the position she is running for? Is she better qualified for the job she will be doing or is another that is running for same position better qualified to perform the job?
Cissy Chapman

Knoxville, TN

#11 Dec 20, 2009
The Question wrote:
The question is: Can she perform the position she is running for? Is she better qualified for the job she will be doing or is another that is running for same position better qualified to perform the job?
Each of us will have to decide that on our own. Each candidate had to have felt they were, else they would not have entered the race. The choice is ultimately ours.
Get Real

Morristown, TN

#12 Dec 20, 2009
Look around at the qualifications of some of our elected officials. Obviously, qualifications are not a deciding factor. Angie's qualifications - almost an associates degree, subway, secretary to George Miller, office staff for Russ Johnson. This job pays over $60k plus benefits per year. It is among the highest paid county positions that we elect. Think of the private sector, would someone with these qualifications run/interview for CFO or any upper management position. Her most obvious qualifications are the people that have agreed to back her.
Registered Voter

Knoxville, TN

#13 Dec 20, 2009
Yes, bitter ex-wife sums you up nicely. First off, if your ex-husband no longer wants to be with you, then you should definitely leave him and his wife Angie alone. Just because Mrs. Vittatoe may not be perfect does not disqualify her for office. I'm absolutley positive that nobody is perfect, including you. The fact that you would take so much time to bash Mrs. Vittatoe shows you must have nothing better to do and that you're extremely immature. I'm sure that Angie is more than qualified for this position, and I'm sure you realize the same. You should really quit embarassing yourself Miss Raper.
Amy Raper Vittatoe

Henry, TN

#14 Dec 20, 2009
I did not have intentions of writing anything further, but after reading Mrs. Chapman's comment I want to clarify a couple of things.
First, I am confused on when I ever denied my divorce to Jeff was final. December 17, 2007 our divorce was final. Jeff and I agreed that we would sell the home and pay off our debt. I would be given 5,000 to start a new life and he would get the remainder of what was left to help him get started in a new home with the children. He decided later that he wanted buy the house from me. Unfortunately, when the time came to close on the loan he refused to pay off all of the debt he and I had in our name telling me that he was not able to borrow anymore money. I filed a contempt on him for not following through with the agreed order of the court. He and I set down and had a civil conversation to decide how we could work things out. Therefore, it was agreed that he would give me $1000 cash and I would get the cookware set that we had bought during our marriage. I just wanted him to be fair.
When he and I divorced the only thing I took that he had to replace was a kitchen table. I wanted and still want Jeff to be successful no matter what life path her choses or how he treated me. It was my decision to leave and I am not mad that Angie Vittatoe now has my husband, it was a blessing to me.
Secondly, how does Mrs. Chapman know that I was not a battered wife? She did not live in our home. There was a comment to why I did not leave if I was a battered wife and there were no children. There were children that I helped raise from the ages 4 and 6 until 13 and 15. In my eyes, I did have children.
In reference to being a battered wife,I don't refer to myself as a battered wife, just a person in a violent relationship. Why? In 2003 Jeff knocked me down causing me to crack my tailbone. Numerous times he hit me in the back of the head intentionally saying I could not prove it without bruises. In the winter of 2007 he came home drunk one night and made me go to up to the mountains with him in his cruiser (blue truck). He told me of how he had been planning on a way to kill me and took me to an area in the woods and told me he was going to bury me there and and as much as my parents loved me they would never be able to have a proper burial without my body. He said the murder would be handed over to the TBI because of the conflict of interest and they would not investigate him because they respected him. That is true, they do respect him. That night that I made my mind up I had to have a plan to get out. Whether he was just trying to scare me or not there was something about what he said that made it hard to sleep at night. I was not scared of Jeff all of the time. There were days when I could not have asked for a better husband. He was not physically abusive all of the time. He may have hit or kicked me on a dozen different occasions during our 8 year marriage, but the verbal abuse was consistent. Truly, he has every ability to be an all-around great man and I hope that Angie is that person that pulls that out in him.
I am only speaking out to advocate that people should take into consideration how someone lives their personal life reflects on their professional life in the long run. What bothers me is that Angie made the decision to go against her own commitment to God and have an affair and in the meanwhile knowing what the consequences would eventually be. If Mrs. Vittatoe had intentions on continuing her political goals then why would she step so low as to degrade her values in faith and family?
The only personal issue that I have with Angie is when I went to speak with her she laughed in my face while rubbing her stomach and said she was carrying my husbands child and she was not ashamed of it. Shouldn't her reputation be her most valuable asset?
Thank you for your time. I apologize that this blog addresses such a sensitive subject.
Amy Raper Vittatoe
Amy Raper Vittatoe

Henry, TN

#15 Dec 20, 2009
I am sorry you feel that way, but Jeff never left me, he just strayed. I made the decision to leave and that is the honest truth. I think they deserve one another actually. Jeff is not the point though, my point is morals and ethical values. You're right. I am not perfect, but I have respect for others, as do I your opinion, but I feel that every community needs respectable officials holding office. Otherwise, what are we showing our younger generation who also looks up to these public officials? Is that the kind of behaviors that should be promoted? Look at Tiger Woods. I ask that you please look at my point of view as I have yours. I understand you may think I am retaliating, but honestly, I am advocating for what I believe in just as you are doing the same. I originally thought that I was the only one that had ever seen that side of her, but it gave me peace when reading the comments that others that know her see the same things that I have seen.
Sincerely,
Amy Raper
Registered Voter wrote:
Yes, bitter ex-wife sums you up nicely. First off, if your ex-husband no longer wants to be with you, then you should definitely leave him and his wife Angie alone. Just because Mrs. Vittatoe may not be perfect does not disqualify her for office. I'm absolutley positive that nobody is perfect, including you. The fact that you would take so much time to bash Mrs. Vittatoe shows you must have nothing better to do and that you're extremely immature. I'm sure that Angie is more than qualified for this position, and I'm sure you realize the same. You should really quit embarassing yourself Miss Raper.
Registered Voter

Knoxville, TN

#16 Dec 20, 2009
"First impressions are lasting impressions but not a true judgement of character."
Look familiar? It should. I believe it's currently posted on your Facebook about me section. So just because Angie may have not made the best first impression with you because she made a mistake (Like we all do) that does not show her true judgement of character. Your very hypocritical and tend to contradict yourself quite often Miss. Raper.
I read in your previous statement above that you thought of your two step-children as your own. So how can you justify publically humiliating their father in a matter that still is up for discussion. Sounds to me like you don't care for them at all. As a mother of two I could never intentionally hurt my children in such a cruel manner regardless of how their father may or may not have treated me. You want to talk about morals and ethics but what your doing could hurt the kids more than anyone else. We live in a small world and news travles fast and if you truly cared for the children then find it in your heart to drop this and move on for their sake. I hope you take what I said into consideration. Best of luck.
Amy Raper Vittatoe

Henry, TN

#17 Dec 20, 2009
yes ma'am. It does sound familiar. The remainder of the quote reads, "The first impression just keeps you interested. Unfortunately, the true character is not identified until an investment is made and a challenge has occurred." I believe this statement completely -and a challenge did occur. As for the children, you are right. The information that I shared could possibly effect them. I am sorry for that. Unfortunately, they already know most of it because they were there. I did not like sharing such personal information and debated on it, but it is hurtful to be accused of lying by someone that does not have a clue what I have experienced. I am weak and strong. I am weak in that I allowed it to happen to me and I am strong in that I tolerated a lot more than most women could have. My thoughts are if Jeff didn't want anyone to know about his behaviors then he should have never done such mean things in first place and I believe the same goes for Angie. They both know how strong willed I am and I know that they thought, or at least Jeff thought, this might come out. I do think I have said enough. My concerns have been expressed and that was my only intention. Honestly, I don't like conflict and all of this bothers me. The community has been informed and it is up to them to decide on the best candidate.
Registered Voter wrote:
"First impressions are lasting impressions but not a true judgement of character."
Look familiar? It should. I believe it's currently posted on your Facebook about me section. So just because Angie may have not made the best first impression with you because she made a mistake (Like we all do) that does not show her true judgement of character. Your very hypocritical and tend to contradict yourself quite often Miss. Raper.
I read in your previous statement above that you thought of your two step-children as your own. So how can you justify publically humiliating their father in a matter that still is up for discussion. Sounds to me like you don't care for them at all. As a mother of two I could never intentionally hurt my children in such a cruel manner regardless of how their father may or may not have treated me. You want to talk about morals and ethics but what your doing could hurt the kids more than anyone else. We live in a small world and news travles fast and if you truly cared for the children then find it in your heart to drop this and move on for their sake. I hope you take what I said into consideration. Best of luck.
over it

Taft, TN

#18 Dec 21, 2009
just let it go this is what van shaver loves.
Joker

Knoxville, TN

#19 Dec 21, 2009
Do I run or don't I? Bet Angie V. wishes she could make that decision again.
over it

Taft, TN

#20 Dec 21, 2009
Joker wrote:
Do I run or don't I? Bet Angie V. wishes she could make that decision again.
she will run and she will win with pride

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malibu Boats Apr 22 Enslaved 1
Married People Who Cheat (Jun '13) Apr 18 Miss thang 6
Who Are The Drug Dealers (Sep '10) Apr 10 Anonymous 23
House Flooded With Sewer Mar '17 Contractor Screw Up 1
Kendra Varner (Jul '16) Mar '17 Coward2facedpeople 5
sextexters Mar '17 Tennessee Boy 2
ISO rental lot for RV Mar '17 Sheila 1
More from around the web