Long Beach restaurants may soon welco...

Long Beach restaurants may soon welcome dogs

There are 8 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Long Beach restaurants may soon welcome dogs. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

On Tuesday, the City Council will consider changes to city code that would give restaurant operators the option to allow canine companions at outdoor patios where food is served.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Reality Bites

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Dog is eaten and many Asian Countries. Long Beach is just being "progressive" and "inclusive" and surrendering to more "diversity".
ding wu

North Hollywood, CA

#2 Jul 23, 2012
I thought the Viet Namese restaurants have been welcoming dogs for years.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 24, 2012
I have seen quite a few 'dogs' eating at these restaurants already. Don't women have any pride anymore or has that gone to the dogs?

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jul 24, 2012
I don't believe revolutionary Council takes its responsibility to protect the public health seriously. Permitting dogs in Government controlled places where food is eaten? What is next? Horses?

If you think such a question is "funny", need I remind you that not long ago Big Government required waitresses - under penalty of LAW!- to demean her customers by demanding "smoking or non smoking?" Storekeeps were under Big Government mandate to ask hungry grocery shoppers "Tree-saving Plastic or paper?" Now, Big intrusive Government has outlawed "choice" by Government edict and imposes Lowenthal harassment taxes on hungry grocery shoppers who fail to use taxpayer funded food stamps for their "free" groceries.*(Grocery shoppers who do not uses hard earned taxpayer money to pay for "free" groceries are pejoratively termed "The Rich", by the revolutionary ruling class)*

I had to go to the Government Post Office the other day. On my way, I passed one of the tacky overcharging coffee shops that are run by politically favored fat-cat operators. I wondered how many little children passers-by will be kicked in the head after the first loony taxpayer funded Americans with "disability" lawsuit demanding large - as well as small - service horses being given equal accommodation in Government controlled Long Beach food eateries.

According to the US Department of "Justice":

"In addition to the provisions about service dogs, the Departmentís revised ADA regulations have a new, separate provision about miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities."

Source: http://tinyurl.com/3nursr7

Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jul 24, 2012
This is a horrible idea like the bike lanes that nobody uses and the ban on plastic bags... LB City Council does not get anything...
Fluffy Tinkapoo

Long Beach, CA

#6 Jul 30, 2012
Just give me one more reason never to eat out.

It's bad enough that restaurants cater to ill-behaved, shrieking children. Now we will also be treated to the sight of high maintenance neurotic individuals and their codependent yippy dogs.

What about those individuals who are allergic to pet fur and dander? Will their rights be trampled upon for the sake of animal narcissism?
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jul 30, 2012
As I drive my electric wheelchair down Belmont Shore and past the restaurants that support dogs, I have to watch that the dog does not get hurt or that my chair does not freak them out. I find it very annoying because these people really don't watch where they put their dogs. Most of the dogs are tame but some of them are big and really take up a lot of room for me to get by. Sometimes I have to ask them to move their dog just enough for me to clear the street to get by. Either build a bigger area for these dogs or clear a path for wheelchairs to get by. I have a right to dive through Belmont Shore and have a favorite restaurant I like eating at but it is at the end of Belmont Shore and I have to go past the droves of dogs and people who do not care who they are blocking on the street. Let's use a little courtesy with these damned dogs already and limit an area for the dogs please.

West Covina, CA

#8 Jul 31, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Alaskan Bush People' admit to lying for oil re... Nov 21 Ritual Habitual 1
Keep Them Out Nov 19 Little Lisa 1
News Study shows good, bad of raising Long Beacha s ... Nov 14 Ronald 2
News Lynwood Family Accuses Deputies of Excessive Force Nov 5 resident 1
News Supervisor Don Knabe calls for take-over of Cen... (Jun '14) Nov 1 trash talk 12
News Palmdale: Jose Antonio Ibarzabal, 54 (Jul '09) Oct '15 Judgesjudge 49
News South Gate: Ernesto Tovar, 21 (Sep '09) Oct '15 Fjy34 11
More from around the web