Two killed in crash on 60 Freeway

There are 20 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Two killed in crash on 60 Freeway. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Two people were killed today in a two-vehicle crash on the 60 Freeway in Hacienda Heights, including a motorist who was ejected onto the opposite side of the roadway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Be good or be good at it”

Since: Jun 08

Monrovia

#1 Jul 9, 2008
How sad!
SGV resident

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jul 9, 2008
A 15 year old with no drivers lisense kills 2 people. What a shame. What a waste. Sounds like the driver of the blazer wasn't wearing his seatbelt and that's why he was ejected, is that the case? By the looks of the vehicles even seatbelts may not have made a difference though.
Mickey Spillane

AOL

#3 Jul 9, 2008
Heck I was traveling on the same freeway 3 hours before the accident. It could've been me. Damn those irresponsible kids. Should not have been driving the vehicle in the first place. His parents should be held liable for this tragedy.
Friend of Ryan

AOL

#4 Jul 9, 2008
The 18 year old boy was named Ryan Blakeslee and he attended Walnut High School and was a part of the graduating class of 2008. He was a boy of strenght and courage and always tried to put a smile on peoples faces. I will miss him and i know there are many others that will too.

Ryan it isnt the same without you and its only been one day.Take care and i know if something is wrong you will be looking over all of us..
dobberman

Moreno Valley, CA

#5 Jul 9, 2008
Friend of Ryan wrote:
The 18 year old boy was named Ryan Blakeslee and he attended Walnut High School and was a part of the graduating class of 2008. He was a boy of strenght and courage and always tried to put a smile on peoples faces. I will miss him and i know there are many others that will too.
Ryan it isnt the same without you and its only been one day.Take care and i know if something is wrong you will be looking over all of us..
Take care? of what? The 15 year old took care of it allright. What the heck were they thinking letting a 15 year old drive?
LA LOCAL -

Cambridge, MA

#6 Jul 9, 2008
Friend of Ryan wrote:
Best wishes for your loss and Ryan's family.
Justice

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jul 9, 2008
Terrible accident. Did the van in the wreck not pull over to the side? Was this why the officer in the Blazer hit him? Was he not wearing a seatbelt? Why not? Geez, what a waste. What a shame.

A similar thing, although not nearly as horrible, happened to my family growing up, and incidently, the accident happened on Hacienda Blvd by Nelson Ave (near LPHS) in La Puente. A 13 year old was driving a van with his parents screwing in the back, when they rammed us at a stop light. No insurance, and no hablo ingles. No joke. I had neck problems for years stemming from this. What is wrong with people??!!?!
county member

La Puente, CA

#9 Jul 9, 2008
It is so upsetting to hear that some idiot, who had no business driving in the first place, caused the untimely death of two wonderful people. My prayers are with both families. I knew Lt. Valderama and had the honor to work with him and under him. He was a great person and a great leader. He will be greatly missed by the LA COUNTY POLICE Family. God Bless You Val.
Nevermind

Covina, CA

#10 Jul 9, 2008
dobberman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are these morons? Take care, Best wishes for your loss, sounds like the younger siblings of the 15 year old.Grow up people
Get off!! Find something better to do than accuse and judge!!

Since: May 08

Covina

#11 Jul 9, 2008
county member wrote:
It is so upsetting to hear that some idiot, who had no business driving in the first place, caused the untimely death of two wonderful people. My prayers are with both families. I knew Lt. Valderama and had the honor to work with him and under him. He was a great person and a great leader. He will be greatly missed by the LA COUNTY POLICE Family. God Bless You Val.
Very sorry to hear the news. Always hard to hear a member of the LE has passed.
Condolences to the family and his fellow co-workers.
Thoughts to the family of Ryan, as well.
SGV resident

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jul 9, 2008
dobberman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are these morons? Take care, Best wishes for your loss, sounds like the younger siblings of the 15 year old.Grow up people
Lighten up! This person is a friend to one of the 2 people killed. I don't think someone is a moron because they have feelings! It didn't sound to me like he/she was sticking up for the 15 yr. old. Did I miss something?
Shut Up

Anaheim, CA

#13 Jul 9, 2008
dobberman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. These people are grieving, andwith grief comes out sentences that may not make sense. I suppose your idioitic comments are just so comforting. You are the one who needs to grow up ahole!

Since: Jul 08

Cambridge, MA

#14 Jul 9, 2008
dobberman wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical reponse from an apathetic Valley freak. Take a walk up Beverly Glen and get lost in the hills...Permanently

Since: Jul 08

Cambridge, MA

#15 Jul 9, 2008
Shut Up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. These people are grieving, andwith grief comes out sentences that may not make sense. I suppose your idioitic comments are just so comforting. You are the one who needs to grow up ahole!
Thanks.

“Be good or be good at it”

Since: Jun 08

Monrovia

#18 Jul 9, 2008
nojustice wrote:
stupid white kids killed an innocent man probably coming home from work, good thing he took one of those idiots with him. One less racist whiteas$ in this world.
what a horrible thing to say
observation

Hesperia, CA

#22 Jul 9, 2008
Shreks Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sorry to hear the news. Always hard to hear a member of the LE has passed.
Condolences to the family and his fellow co-workers.
Thoughts to the family of Ryan, as well.
What a difference race makes with the Shrek Girl, I've read lots of her quotes and if these kids in the van were of a different ethnicity she would be be criticizing and condoning them, the driver of the van should be charged with two counts of manslaughter or maybe even murder. The wonder she's shrek girl with her ugly racism.
ANL

Monrovia, CA

#25 Jul 9, 2008
What is the purpose of making any of this situation about race? It is a horrible accident that has left 2 people's lives cut short and I am sure many friends and family members devestated.
mirg

Temecula, CA

#27 Jul 9, 2008
What a shame that some of you are making this about race. As with 99.9% of accidents, it shouldn't have happened, it was avoidable. No, the 15-year-old definitely had no business behind the wheel. His life is changed FOREVER. The 4 survivors watching their friend get killed and witnessing the death of the officer whose own car killed him, their lives are changed FOREVER. Now think of all the families and friends affected. The officer's three young adult sons happen to be my cousins, I can only imagine their pain. May God be will all of them.
a friend of ryan

Pearblossom, CA

#28 Jul 9, 2008
ok, i can see that some people are pretty ignorant about all this irresponsible driving. but think about it to yourself.. do you realize that everyday people die in car accidents? do you realize that no matter what age you are, you are still at risk of dying? do you realize that in death, most people are taken against their own will? these kids are young and naive, it is things like this that keeps them learning from the mistakes they make. That fifteen year old will most likely think twice about driving before he learns more rules about the road. there's no need to get angry about teenagers wrecklessly driving. it is a sign telling us that we ALL need to be cautious when getting behind the wheel, no matter how much experience we have, permit, license or none at all.
to be positive about things, at least ryan is in a better place now and not on this suffering planet with ignorance and so much hatred. I hope that those of you with all that hate and ignorance are looked down upon. get it through your heads, THAT'S LIFE. I'm sure you've had someone close to you die, no matter what they suffered or experienced.
family of ryan

United States

#29 Jul 9, 2008
I hope that the rest of Ryans family will be ok. i know his mom and grandma are having a very hard time. I really wish that this never had happened, he is to young he hadnt even lived life yet.. My thoughts to the officers family too. may god be with everyones family and friends.. and people need to quit making everything about race your just being really stupid. people lost their lives and thats all you can think about, grow up..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former 'Baywatch' star arrested in stabbing May 1 Fundies R Mentall... 23
News AT&T fires exec for sending racist texts, faces... Apr 30 goldstone report 8
News Long Beach Cops Shoot, Critically Injure Graffi... Apr 24 Ginny 1
News Long Beach unhappy with compensation for expans... Apr 21 Slim 4
News Covina Man Stabbed (May '11) Apr 21 sgv626 223
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Apr '15 Texas_Ave 391
News Long Beacha s poorest zip code also one of its ... Mar '15 chuck 1
More from around the web