Treatment for former nurse charged wi...

Treatment for former nurse charged with drug thefts

There are 6 comments on the The Chronicle-Telegram story from Feb 8, 2012, titled Treatment for former nurse charged with drug thefts. In it, The Chronicle-Telegram reports that:

ELYRIA - A former nurse at Mercy Medical Center in Lorain charged with stealing pain medication has been granted drug treatment and intervention in lieu of conviction.Mary C. Howard, 36, faced felony charges in connection with allegations that she stole injectable Dilaudid, according to court documents.None of the three elderly patients involved ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chronicle-Telegram.

sansig

Lorain, OH

#1 Feb 10, 2012
I sure hope she lost her license to practice nursing!
bubbies

Denton, MD

#2 Feb 20, 2012
wow sansig..so understanding? Do you work in health care? I have for 30 years. 30 years of moving, pushing, ultrasounding fat, large, morbidly obese slabs of patients.Patients that cost meThe cost of bilateral rotator cuff full-thickness tears.A repair that tore worse and in different places 2 months back from surgery.Bilateral, full-thickness rotator cuff tears and a back that needs fused..and yet the patients get fatter and fatter..fat people always have diffuse pain in their abdominal/pelvic cavities..because their freken Colon is never empty..they keep shoveling it in. 20 year olds needing help to get up because they are to obese..whose arm to they grab..whose back do they strain? Health care workers..that RN probably has a broken body from all the fat she had to transport..Oh.."I sure hope she lost her license to practice nursing"..RN's, Pharmacists and MD's(PA's + CRNP's)..must be offered rehab because they have a high rate of abuse..it is defined as a work hazard by OSHA....and don't whine..how many fat people work at a bakery? 4 times the cost to treat obese people..America that is where your health care taxes are spent..on fat people. Fat people love to say.."it's my body, I think I am beautiful, I embrace my obesity.I am not hurting anyone else.bullyour obesity costs the poor 50 year old RN, x-ray tech, Sonographers..etc all care about YOUR OBESITY. We have to help you up, help you walk..get you on a bedpan...add nauseam..so yes your obesity costs..it cost's the health of your health care team their body + tax payer or private insurer extra money(4x's extra)
Lovelife

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 21, 2012
I agree! I work in the healthfield and I agree we are paying more for obese patients. The company I worked for did not hire smokers. I say this is discrimination they say the smoking causes cancer. Well what about the people that work for the company that is morbidly obese? They should have to pay a higher Insurence cost for heart problems, diabetes, etc. And they should stop selling hamburgers and French fries in the cafeteria!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 21, 2012
a little off topic, what does obesity have to do with someone stealing drugs from the hospital, you can't justify behavior like that, she knew what she was doing, as far as i'm concerned she got a slap on the wrist! she needs jail time, that's good enough rehab.
bubbies wrote:
wow sansig..so understanding? Do you work in health care? I have for 30 years. 30 years of moving, pushing, ultrasounding fat, large, morbidly obese slabs of patients.Patients that cost meThe cost of bilateral rotator cuff full-thickness tears.A repair that tore worse and in different places 2 months back from surgery.Bilateral, full-thickness rotator cuff tears and a back that needs fused..and yet the patients get fatter and fatter..fat people always have diffuse pain in their abdominal/pelvic cavities..because their freken Colon is never empty..they keep shoveling it in. 20 year olds needing help to get up because they are to obese..whose arm to they grab..whose back do they strain? Health care workers..that RN probably has a broken body from all the fat she had to transport..Oh.."I sure hope she lost her license to practice nursing"..RN's, Pharmacists and MD's(PA's + CRNP's)..must be offered rehab because they have a high rate of abuse..it is defined as a work hazard by OSHA....and don't whine..how many fat people work at a bakery? 4 times the cost to treat obese people..America that is where your health care taxes are spent..on fat people. Fat people love to say.."it's my body, I think I am beautiful, I embrace my obesity.I am not hurting anyone else.bullyour obesity costs the poor 50 year old RN, x-ray tech, Sonographers..etc all care about YOUR OBESITY. We have to help you up, help you walk..get you on a bedpan...add nauseam..so yes your obesity costs..it cost's the health of your health care team their body + tax payer or private insurer extra money(4x's extra)
mish from ohia

Lorain, OH

#5 Feb 28, 2012
I agree with bubbie 100%. I also work in healthcare, caring for the obese is a real problem. One false move and you've thrown your back out. Put down the fork you disgusting fat asses.
Bahahaha

Ada, OH

#7 Jun 13, 2012
Nobody in Lorain county cares about drugs on the steets or they would bust the large scale drug pushing doctors,is it so hard to do an investigation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lorain County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
F3 Indictment against Don Zelenak, and after vi... Aug '17 Sara Willamette 1
Drunk driving, F3 crimes, violation of bond and... Aug '17 Jim Bob 1
53 year old, Don Zelenak, drunk driving threate... Aug '17 Mark Mishack 1
Don Zelenak aka Zee of Lorain Ohio threatened p... Aug '17 Marvin Gaye 2
Lorain County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Oct '16) Oct '16 James 2
News Testing under way for potential new employees a... (Feb '16) Feb '16 elvis presley 1
lost husky in lorain ohio reward (Jun '15) Jun '15 alivia 1
More from around the web