Commissioners seek more control over ...

Commissioners seek more control over EMS spending - Journal Adv...

There are 27 comments on the Journal-Advocate story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Commissioners seek more control over EMS spending - Journal Adv.... In it, Journal-Advocate reports that:

The Journal-Advocate editorial board of publisher David McClain, editor Forrest Hershberg, news editor Sara Waite and regional editor Judy Debus, sat down this week with the Logan County Commissioners to discuss the proposed Logan Emergency Services Authority .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
voted yes

Littleton, CO

#25 Nov 2, 2009
Dear vote No on LESA

Egotistical, moronic, Gestapo. Very good at name calling, but not so good at giving factual reasons for people to consider.

Thank You for confirming the reasons to vote YES.
wwwquadsforchris tnet

United States

#26 Nov 3, 2009
roamer wrote:
sammy, so what is your alternative? Relying on a company that has been struggling financially for years, owes many thousands in overdue bills, has not paid employees at times, runs 17 year old ambulances, has an owner who wants out of the business and who cant get bonded as required by his contract?
C'mon, is that really whats best in this situation?
Some of what you are saying is true in that Doug has struggled financially in the past but as of late has been doing better. However, I strongly disagree with you about his 17 year old ambulances! There is one there that might be that old but it is rarely used and it works just fine. All of the other ones are much newer than that and also run just fine. Doug has them serviced at I believe the local Ford dealership with OEM parts replaced when needed.

Also as far as Doug wanting out, maybe he thought that at a time. Honestly, I don't know if he did or not but I do not believe he thinks that way now. If he did, he certainly would not be fighting so hard to keep his company. If LESA were to get voted through and as a result, he were to lose his business that he no longer wanted, then he would be voting for LESA not against it.
are you serious

Littleton, CO

#27 Nov 3, 2009
wwwquadsforchristnet wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of what you are saying is true in that Doug has struggled financially in the past but as of late has been doing better. However, I strongly disagree with you about his 17 year old ambulances! There is one there that might be that old but it is rarely used and it works just fine. All of the other ones are much newer than that and also run just fine. Doug has them serviced at I believe the local Ford dealership with OEM parts replaced when needed.
Also as far as Doug wanting out, maybe he thought that at a time. Honestly, I don't know if he did or not but I do not believe he thinks that way now. If he did, he certainly would not be fighting so hard to keep his company. If LESA were to get voted through and as a result, he were to lose his business that he no longer wanted, then he would be voting for LESA not against it.
Doug did want out thats what started this whole thing. He has stated in several public forums that all he wanted was "his retirement". Doug could care less about his people or the public. Doug has shown time and again that he is out for #1 and thats it. He is a good actor and has a good poor me story, but no one is buying it this time. I just hope LESA passes and Doug is gone/
roamer

Sterling, CO

#28 Nov 3, 2009
wwwquadsforchristnet wrote:
<quoted text>
Doug was all for something new when he thought it would be a stand alone EMS district (the proposal for which was developed by Life Care) with a cushy $80k/yr job he was eyeing. As soon as the district option was voted down by the committee, Doug turned against the whole idea of something different.
Bronco Fan

United States

#29 Nov 3, 2009
firefighter7 wrote:
I have talked to a few people about this. I for one think its just a few Sterling Fire guys looking for pay raises. I also think its unfair for all of Life Care employees to have to fill out apps just to get a job and the Sterling Fire guys don't have to! I'm just glad I don't live in logan county.
"I think its unfair that the Life Care employees have to fill out an application" Whaaaaa. Some of them wouldn't even be able to pass the background check. Have seen some of them. Loudmouth losers!!! Get'em ouuta here.
wwwquadsforchris tnet

United States

#30 Nov 3, 2009
Bronco Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think its unfair that the Life Care employees have to fill out an application" Whaaaaa. Some of them wouldn't even be able to pass the background check. Have seen some of them. Loudmouth losers!!! Get'em ouuta here.
How do you figure that some would not pass a background check? All of them are required by law to pass a background check before they become an EMT or Paramedic.
Bronco Fan

United States

#31 Nov 3, 2009
That's my point "before".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human Services director: Meth problem a communi... (Oct '13) Oct '13 publicitymuch 1
News Commissioners OK Life Care license - Journal Ad... (May '10) May '10 Rookie 3
News Public records (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tammy frias Gallegos 1
News Page to take on Powell for sheriff (Oct '06) Nov '06 Former Employee 2
More from around the web