Teen sentenced for accidental shootin...

Teen sentenced for accidental shooting death of friend

There are 10 comments on the Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Teen sentenced for accidental shooting death of friend. In it, Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com reports that:

“You really grieve for the family who has lost a child, and hopefully (the punishment) will have a positive impact”

A 14-year-old Fowlerville area boy was sentenced to spend one day in juvenile detention for accidentally shooting his best friend to death last April. via Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLiv...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com.

travis towery

Riverview, MI

#1 Jan 7, 2008
one day in juvenile detention?
thats all?
i spent three days in juvenile detention for shooting a car with a paintball gun.
Fowlerville Resident

Dearborn Heights, MI

#2 Jul 14, 2008
Yeah you should have spent more time in juvie since you obviously didn't learn a lesson because you are still causing problems for people & sticking your nose in everyone elses business Travis Towery.
travis towery wrote:
one day in juvenile detention?
thats all?
i spent three days in juvenile detention for shooting a car with a paintball gun.
fowlerville resident too

Granbury, TX

#3 Sep 4, 2008
I agree- 1 day? There should be more punishment for him or his family. We have guns, not loaded, locked up and my kids still have been taught and know that you never aim a gun at someone " NEVER" I am not saying it was not an accident, but if not him, his parents should be held responsible, someone should..........
timmys mom

Otis, OR

#4 Sep 14, 2008
Timmy was my son, and i also agree the 1 day was insane it actually ended up being a snow day so he was back in school the next morning, His parents have showed NO REMORSE what so ever and it is the fault of them for leaving that weapon in a location where a child could access it, I feel the boy that killed my son is living in his own personal hell that he may or may not come out of, he made a mistake he has to live with for the rest of his life, he and his family have ruined my families life forever.. Now he has shown remorse not his parents..
Timothy James Holmes
04-05-1993-04-14-2007
May you rest in Peace
Always Remembered
Never Forgotten
Love you baby and thanks to all of his friends that will not forget him either
timmys mom

Otis, OR

#5 Sep 14, 2008
WHat the courts have just told all the teenagers in Livingston county that you can go ahead and kill somebody and say its an accident and get away with it with either 1 day in detention no days in detetion and a little probation.. Makes me sick and the topic line
You really grieve for the family who has lost a child, and hopefully (the punishment) will have a positive impact

Give me a fucking break(excuse the language) positive impact, this has impacted my family in the worst way possible, now if it were an animal he had killed he would still be locked up, but they value the life of an animal more then human a young inspring loving beautiful 14 year old boy that was the light of my life
fowlerville resident

Mount Pleasant, MI

#7 Jan 8, 2012
Jeff Soli wrote:
Travis Towery is a criminal and a drug dealer. The individual is nothing but trouble and a worthless piece of trash breathing our air. Put him in jail!<quoted text>
All he does is work to get other people in jail. Come to livingston cty court on the 13th and share your stories with the judge. Towery will be in there

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#8 Jan 9, 2012
fowlerville resident too wrote:
I am not saying it was not an accident, but if not him, his parents should be held responsible
That's what wrongful death lawsuits are for, dingleberry. Just because you live in Michigan, it doesn't mean the government has to do everything for you, LOL.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#9 Jan 9, 2012
timmys mom wrote:
WHat the courts have just told all the teenagers in Livingston county that you can go ahead and kill somebody and say its an accident and get away with it with either 1 day in detention no days in detetion and a little probation.. Makes me sick
Didn't ya sue? How is the taxpayer spending money to incarcerate a kid going to make you feel better?
Cheryl buckingham

Marshall, MI

#11 Aug 27, 2012
Travis towery is actually doing very well for himself. He graduated, is going to college and now working on an oil refinery in Alaska. Just so the person who remained unknown says he is a dealer. At least come out from hiding and be proud of who you are. Like he did.. Rip tim and forever may god watch over your family and friends
Towery

Vidor, TX

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Just came across this, very said people would have negative things to say about me here, show some respect and say a prayer for this mans family as they will need prayer. God Bless Timothy and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor will go to trial in new case (Nov '14) Jul '15 jon my ass 2
News Court Docket: Man gets jail for taking charity ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Disgusted 3
sheriff deputies (Jul '14) Jul '14 elmer johnson 1
News Armed invasion suspect arraigned (Jun '14) Jun '14 Debrah Escobedo 2
News 'This is ... bulls***' free speech rally to sup... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Rene 1
News $16.7M jail plan gets green light (May '14) May '14 Lamont Jewels 1
News Casteel found guilty on all counts in freeway s... (Jan '14) Jan '14 kev 1
More from around the web