Judge sending killer bulldogs' owner ...

Judge sending killer bulldogs' owner to jail

There are 4 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Sep 19, 2008, titled Judge sending killer bulldogs' owner to jail. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

The owner of four American bulldogs that mauled two people to death a year ago in Livingston County was sentenced Thursday to at least 3 1/2 years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Observandum

“Amicus humani generis ”

Since: Apr 07

planet Earth

#1 Sep 19, 2008
This is a real tragedy — my condolences to the victims' families and friends.

I hope this will serve as a wake-up call for our legislators to ban all dangerous dog breads and euthanize those still alive. These beasts have no right to live amongst our civilization and it's time to take action.
daedae

North Collins, NY

#2 Sep 19, 2008
not enought time, if owner of these animals start getting time for this, you can bet there would be a lot less of them or the ones that own them will be more careful in protecting the public
Jumping Off Point

Vancouver, WA

#3 Sep 19, 2008
People need to take the time to properly train and interact with their dog(s). Too many people get these types of dogs and leave them in their backyard.

This is a terrible thing to have happened. The owner should have a harsher punishment. Never be able to own a pet again, and do community service after time in prison is up.
Lived There

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 19, 2008
Observandum wrote:
This is a real tragedy — my condolences to the victims' families and friends.
I hope this will serve as a wake-up call for our legislators to ban all dangerous dog breads and euthanize those still alive. These beasts have no right to live amongst our civilization and it's time to take action.
I was the person that sold this property to the individual who owned the dogs. It made me sick to see my sign and gate posted on AP associated with this story. I loved those years in the country.
This is not an animal problem. it is a human problem. She allowed these animals to become a pack. All animals that develope a pack mentality are in herently dangerous. She know those animals were running free and made no effort to contril them. I lived there many years and knew Ed. He was the nicest neighbor and a fine gentleman who deserved to die in peace in his bed. I hope the legal system amkes this woman pay full price for her behavior. ANYONE who owns animals kinows this was a disaster in the making.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor will go to trial in new case (Nov '14) Jul '15 jon my ass 2
News Court Docket: Man gets jail for taking charity ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Disgusted 3
sheriff deputies (Jul '14) Jul '14 elmer johnson 1
News Armed invasion suspect arraigned (Jun '14) Jun '14 Debrah Escobedo 2
News 'This is ... bulls***' free speech rally to sup... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Rene 1
News $16.7M jail plan gets green light (May '14) May '14 Lamont Jewels 1
News Casteel found guilty on all counts in freeway s... (Jan '14) Jan '14 kev 1
More from around the web