Teen faces murder charge in court - R...

Teen faces murder charge in court - Ruidoso News

There are 3 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jul 6, 2011, titled Teen faces murder charge in court - Ruidoso News. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

One of two teens charged with smothering a foster mother to death in San Patricio made her first appearance before District Court Judge Bill Brogan Tuesday in Alamogordo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Incredulous

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Jul 6, 2011
In a case like this, the first thought running through my mind is, "how did they ever pass any kind of screening at all?"

From the victim's own statement, it was a deliberate act of murder. So what kind of treatment and observations is Mesilla Valley claiming to provide that lets not just one, but two, mentally unstable kids out into the world? Or does their scope of practice stop after intake procedures?

There is no question that the children will face and deserve punishment. The question is whether or not this could have been prevented. Apathy is the greatest killer in social services, and here we have a stark reminder that its impact is felt on all sides of the issue.
Buford Justice

Ruidoso, NM

#3 Jul 7, 2011
Too bad New Mexico no longer has the death penalty.
Texas Club

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2011
"Get a rope!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News District attorney applies for vacant NM judgeship (Jun '13) Jun 7 Truthbetold 40
News Cody Willard is living his dream, and is proud ... (Dec '08) Nov '15 Ricardo 33
News Affordable housing plan for Ruidoso approved (Jul '15) Aug '15 BrianWillliams 5
News Alleged murder victim shot multiple times (Apr '11) Mar '15 Mr T 30
News Lincoln County Commission, DA clash over office... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr T 2
News Affordable Care Act can cause a glitch in the p... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr T 2
News Ramos spotted in Ruidoso (Jan '14) Dec '14 Mind Your Own 53
More from around the web