Murderer sentenced to 15 years

Murderer sentenced to 15 years

There are 2 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Feb 21, 2013, titled Murderer sentenced to 15 years. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

District Judge Karen Parsons gave James Luke Miller Jr. the maximum 15-year sentence for second-degree murder in the 2011 shooting death of Scott Markant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

wow

Carrizozo, NM

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Greek tragity.
Mangoearth

Carrizozo, NM

#2 Mar 3, 2013
I had to look up second-degree, first-degree, voluntary manslaughter - so here I am - confused. Is it only in the states that you can kill a human being and get only a maximum of 15 years? Many of you - know this individual - enough said! So two years served this last February - time off for good behavior - of course he has had time to think about what a dangerous - destructive drug - to the point that the individual does not any longer recognize the difference between right and wrong - can do to you! Obviously, the law does. And once again the law gives an abuser(cystal Meth) the right to take a HUMAN LIFE!! Well, three years he will be back on the streets of Carrizozo!! The Meth problem runs deep here - would he of faired so well out of the county. Maybe, the court employees know!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News District attorney applies for vacant NM judgeship (Jun '13) 7 hr Jammon 43
News Ruidoso police shoot armed, violent Texas man Aug 23 Michael Oshkienau 1
News Cody Willard is living his dream, and is proud ... (Dec '08) Nov '15 Ricardo 33
News Affordable housing plan for Ruidoso approved (Jul '15) Aug '15 BrianWillliams 5
News Alleged murder victim shot multiple times (Apr '11) Mar '15 Mr T 30
News Lincoln County Commission, DA clash over office... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr T 2
News Affordable Care Act can cause a glitch in the p... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr T 2
More from around the web