Two men identified after fatal forklift accident

Full story: SavannahNow.com

Authorities on Saturday identified two construction workers from Bluffton - one of whom was killed -- involved in a fall from an elevated platform on a forklift Friday in eastern Liberty County.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2010
Mary Obernell

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

It was NOT James Shanks in the forklift accident. It was JAY SHANKS. Get it right for God's sake. this is a total mess and then to name Ben Affleck and this Garner girl or whoever the heck she is. Who cares that they live where the accident happened. You are truly idiots
Kendra Beyer

Random Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

I looked this article up to read it, and it has been removed, as have the previous comments that have been posted regarding this tragic story. I believe that an apology to the family of Jay Shanks is in order. You simply cannot erase these painful words, hoping that it does not come across as a total disregard to the hurt feelings of all involved. It is what it is, but if this newspaper does not take the proper actions to rectify this in the eyes of Jay's obviously loving family and friends,(and believe me, you are vastly outnumbered!) that would be the biggest crime of all
frank soule

Hilton Head Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Once again, poor report by people who can't do their jobs. I hope ths news outlet will have an offical apology to the Shanks family.
Vikki

Carbondale, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

This will be my second comment to this pathetic attempt at reporting. Jay Shanks did not fall from 35 feet as you continue to report. I know for a fact that the height was 12-15 feet. Since you have continually misreported the incident, it is really having a negative effect on the entire Shanks family. Better hire some new fact checkers and get your crap straight! I agree entirely with Frank and Kendra, that you owe a HUGE apology to the Shanks family, and you should start a fund to help them out during this terrible ordeal!
Irene Johnson

New Haven, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Did you ever apologize to the Shanks family? I certainly so. Your reporting leaves a lot to be desired!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman snaps photo of ghostly figure at 4th of J... Jul '14 resident 1
Descendants want street in Roswell to keep ance... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Ted Anthony 1
Long County Georgia tils Largest Animal Rescue ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jon Ogden 1
Former tax commissioner supporters ask for her ... (Oct '07) Sep '13 investigator 5
No indictment for ex-south Ga. sheriff (Nov '10) Sep '13 investigator 4
Man arrested in Liberty Co. murder case (Jan '12) Mar '13 Bree 13
Hinesville student injured in hit-and-run (Apr '12) Apr '12 ANGIE STONER 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Liberty County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••