SC teacher charged with having sex wi...

SC teacher charged with having sex with teen

There are 32 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 2, 2008, titled SC teacher charged with having sex with teen. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : COLUMBIA, S.C. A South Carolina middle school math teacher has been charged with having sex with a 15-year-old girl he met online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#1 Oct 3, 2008
Just give him a slap on the wrist,like all those female teachers have gotten,and send him on his way.

“The King of Trolls”

Since: Sep 08

Gerudo Desert, Hyrule

#3 Oct 3, 2008
Lonewolf wrote:
Just give him a slap on the wrist,like all those female teachers have gotten,and send him on his way.
That wont happen for two reasons.

1. He aint pretty enough

2. There is no hole between his legs for judges and prosecuters to make deals with
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#4 Oct 3, 2008
Can't tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 47 year old? Thought my eye-sight was bad or she didn't care. Anyway, this teacher needs a long date with ol' Bubba.
mark craft

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Take a look at this scum ball.

lhttp://badbadteacher.com/mark -craft/
former student

United States

#7 Oct 7, 2008
Mr. Craft was my high school Algebra teacher as well. He was present at parties involving underage drinking with students (female) along with other male high school teachers/coaches. At one of these parties, Mr. Craft crawled into the bed where I was sleeping and began to touch me and try to become sexual. I pushed him off and told him no and he left me alone. I was 17 at the time and he'd of been around age 30 at the time. WHAT A CREEP!!!!

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

#8 Oct 7, 2008
former student wrote:
Mr. Craft was my high school Algebra teacher as well. He was present at parties involving underage drinking with students (female) along with other male high school teachers/coaches. At one of these parties, Mr. Craft crawled into the bed where I was sleeping and began to touch me and try to become sexual. I pushed him off and told him no and he left me alone. I was 17 at the time and he'd of been around age 30 at the time. WHAT A CREEP!!!!
You reported him. Right?
Or...Were you afraid of getting caught drinking underage?
Even if you were drinking underage it didn't give him any extra priveleges.

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

#9 Oct 7, 2008
Oops
"privileges"
Yep

Asheville, NC

#10 Oct 7, 2008
former student wrote:
(he 'WOULD HAVE BEEN' not would of been) anyway this was public schools so sex between students and teachers is routine, you over reacted, he 'might of' taught you some things in bed that you could use in the future!
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2008
former student wrote:
I'd say. Creeped right on up in bed with ya. Good going on the no.
former student

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2008
"Yep" from Asheville, what are you the grammar police?\
So,you just post grammatical corrections and rude comments defending an adult who reacted inappropriately with minors and then that is that? I sense some shallowness....

And, to the earlier question...no I did not report it. All I can say to justify that is, yes - I was not interested in getting myself and my entire group of friends in trouble. Teens tend to avoid that. Looking back, the 'right' thing to do would have been to say something.
former b-ball teamate

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 27, 2008
I've known mark for over 30 yrs. he's accomplished more than a lot of you. everybody has something gone wrong with them in their life time. sounds like this girl needs help to. she can't tell the difference from 16 to 47. come on.mark is a good person,let's get him help.
former b-ball teamate

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Nov 27, 2008
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
(he 'WOULD HAVE BEEN' not would of been) anyway this was public schools so sex between students and teachers is routine, you over reacted, he 'might of' taught you some things in bed that you could use in the future!
if he got in bed with you what were you doing in bed, if your under-aged i bet anything that you were drinking to.

“Tired of the B.S. since 1968”

Since: Sep 07

Hendersonville, NC

#15 Nov 27, 2008
former student wrote:
"Yep" from Asheville, what are you the grammar police?\
So,you just post grammatical corrections and rude comments defending an adult who reacted inappropriately with minors and then that is that? I sense some shallowness....
And, to the earlier question...no I did not report it. All I can say to justify that is, yes - I was not interested in getting myself and my entire group of friends in trouble. Teens tend to avoid that. Looking back, the 'right' thing to do would have been to say something.
She wasn't a minor from a consent standpoint, but he was a teacher in a position of authority over her and that made it a crime. Should have been reported.
Sabersaw Sammy

Wallburg, NC

#16 Nov 27, 2008
former b-ball teamate wrote:
I've known mark for over 30 yrs. he's accomplished more than a lot of you.
Yeah like getting some of that hot underage stuff... wwwooooo!

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 27, 2008
She went with him, knowing who he was, and could have just not gotten in the car. THEN she went with him, slept with him, went home, THEN dialed 911.

This sound a bit fishy. I am in *NO* way saying it was right...it *WAS* sickeningly wrong...but it sounds more like she set him up deliberately. He deserves jail...but she also deserves a closer investigation into her own conduct.
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#18 Nov 27, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
She went with him, knowing who he was, and could have just not gotten in the car. THEN she went with him, slept with him, went home, THEN dialed 911.
This sound a bit fishy. I am in *NO* way saying it was right...it *WAS* sickeningly wrong...but it sounds more like she set him up deliberately. He deserves jail...but she also deserves a closer investigation into her own conduct.
Could be possible on the set-up. In this day and age yous gots to be on your toes when it comes to gals.
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#19 Nov 27, 2008
Native Mountain Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't a minor from a consent standpoint, but he was a teacher in a position of authority over her and that made it a crime. Should have been reported.
15 years old is age of consent in SC? Dayum, getting younger. Learn something new every day.

“Robert Edwards for Mayor”

Since: Mar 07

Candler - Skyland

#20 Nov 28, 2008
Keith former Gun-bunny wrote:
this teacher needs a long date with ol' Bubba.
Keith your all about Bubbu aren't you lol I think you need your own Bubbu squad

"Com'ere Bubba, see that man O'vr? YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

"Get'EM BOUY"
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#21 Nov 28, 2008
Mr Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Keith your all about Bubbu aren't you lol I think you need your own Bubbu squad
"Com'ere Bubba, see that man O'vr? YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!"
"Get'EM BOUY"
LOL.
Bubba is my hero when it comes down to certain justice.

“Preggo again! ”

Since: Jan 08

Back in Columbia

#22 Nov 28, 2008
Ewww! Why cant these people date people their own age? That goes for both of them, they both know better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deadbeat Parents Owe $6.1 Million Dollars in Ba... (Feb '07) Aug 21 Custodial Parent 172
News Lexington sheriff indicted for bribery, imprope... (Jun '14) Jun '15 dmsith 6
News Lexington County towns seek road repairs and mo... (Dec '13) Apr '15 Theresa 3
News SC "Snovember" Sparks Climate Change Debate (Nov '14) Nov '14 greo 1
News Plea Bargains Cut Sentences Short (Jul '07) Sep '14 gigi 13
News Holderman resettles in Lexington residence (Jul '06) Apr '14 Peartee 32
Candice reed (Mar '14) Mar '14 mike 1
More from around the web