Port Leyden allegedly bounced checks

Port Leyden allegedly bounced checks

There are 11 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from May 2, 2013, titled Port Leyden allegedly bounced checks. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Darlene D. Peck, 48, of 3202 Douglas St., Port Leyden, was charged by state police on April 8 with eight counts of issuing bad checks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

pam

Johnstown, NY

#1 May 3, 2013
nothing new
Chris

United States

#2 Aug 11, 2013
Don't put someone down til ur in there shoes
Speechless

Middleburg, PA

#3 Aug 23, 2013
I still feel that Mrs Evelyn Moonan should be held accountable for her unfit living conditions that she calls an apartment that she is renting out. She takes constant advantage of those who are low income and in return don't want to fix anything, yet still expects to collect her rent on time!! The place isn't insulated at all, and for the older people of Port Leyden, y'all know that it used to be a barn before she purchased the building and converted the place into an apartment Mrs. Moonan refuses to pay to have the furnace properly serviced, yet she can afford to go get a face lift done i mind you not once but several times!! Sorry to say it didn't help, cause your still a slumlord and it didn't do shit for your appearance. Someday, she'll get caught and when she does, I hope it bites her in the ass. The upstairs is always freezing cold, which forces her tenants to utilize just the downstairs, and break NYS laws during winter and year round for that matter and use kerosene heaters to heat the place because its too costly to buy fuel oil. There is clearly an issue when you can fill the tank on the first of the month and by the 13th of the month the tank is bone dry again!! Instead of throwing stones, maybe you could say hey ma'am, would you like some help with something or do you need a friend to talk to, or hey I'll buy that for you this time to help you out......
funny

Brookline, MA

#4 Aug 23, 2013
why does care? we pay her rent and for her oil.
Speechless wrote:
I still feel that Mrs Evelyn Moonan should be held accountable for her unfit living conditions that she calls an apartment that she is renting out. She takes constant advantage of those who are low income and in return don't want to fix anything, yet still expects to collect her rent on time!! The place isn't insulated at all, and for the older people of Port Leyden, y'all know that it used to be a barn before she purchased the building and converted the place into an apartment Mrs. Moonan refuses to pay to have the furnace properly serviced, yet she can afford to go get a face lift done i mind you not once but several times!! Sorry to say it didn't help, cause your still a slumlord and it didn't do shit for your appearance. Someday, she'll get caught and when she does, I hope it bites her in the ass. The upstairs is always freezing cold, which forces her tenants to utilize just the downstairs, and break NYS laws during winter and year round for that matter and use kerosene heaters to heat the place because its too costly to buy fuel oil. There is clearly an issue when you can fill the tank on the first of the month and by the 13th of the month the tank is bone dry again!! Instead of throwing stones, maybe you could say hey ma'am, would you like some help with something or do you need a friend to talk to, or hey I'll buy that for you this time to help you out......
Speechless

Middleburg, PA

#5 Aug 23, 2013
Well if you paid her bills and buy her oil then why's she being charged for writing bad checks?! Yeh see that's exactly what I thought.....another clown standing behind a facade afraid to say who you really are "funny". I don't find it funny at all.
funny wrote:
why does care? we pay her rent and for her oil.
<quoted text>
Speechless

Middleburg, PA

#6 Aug 23, 2013
Who are you to throw stones??
pam wrote:
nothing new
funny

Brookline, MA

#7 Aug 24, 2013
Speechless wrote:
Well if you paid her bills and buy her oil then why's she being charged for writing bad checks?! Yeh see that's exactly what I thought.....another clown standing behind a facade afraid to say who you really are "funny". I don't find it funny at all.
<quoted text>
how does she pay anything? she dont wokr
Speechless

Middleburg, PA

#8 Aug 24, 2013
just because she don't work don't mean she don't pay her bills....kinda like you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It's called disability....just because you can't see it, don't mean that it's not there.....how do you pay your bills?? we don't know that you work either!!
Concerned citizen

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2013
Everyone in the community wanted to do something about the situation they call in mrs moo an she shouldn't get away with that how would she like to be in the cold if u fill ur tank it should last longer then 13 days and if ur cold u will do anything to keep warmi,m not saying bouncing checks r the way to do it but no one wants to freeze
Hmmmm

Ardsley, NY

#10 Sep 5, 2013
Concerned citizen wrote:
Everyone in the community wanted to do something about the situation they call in mrs moo an she shouldn't get away with that how would she like to be in the cold if u fill ur tank it should last longer then 13 days and if ur cold u will do anything to keep warmi,m not saying bouncing checks r the way to do it but no one wants to freeze
"Funny" lives with his sister pays nothing and drinks his check if he is working. He pays taxes but won't bounce a check as he has no bills. That still falls under scumbag even though you work.
Concerned citizen

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2013
Don't know who your talking about cause I am not talking about any guy I am talking about darlene peck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Climax Packaging in Lowville to close, idling 157 May '16 darkevi6 2
property May '16 Paula 1
News Watson man posts video of police entering home Apr '16 Purple rain 35
sheriff dept Mar '16 the watcher 1
News Lewis County Humane Society seeking donations t... Mar '16 Grrrr 4
News Pair arrested for allegedly running meth lab in... (Jul '15) Mar '16 woww 7
News DA race tops the primary ballot in Lewis County (Sep '15) Mar '16 Its me 2
More from around the web