Judge dismisses ex-trail coordinator's wrongful termination suit against Lewis County

Nov 19, 2013 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 9

State Supreme Court Judge James P. McClusky, in a three-page decision filed in the Lewis County clerk's office, dismissed a wrongful termination suit lodged in June by former trail coordinator Robert C. Diehl.

Read more
Disgruntled Tax Payer

Lowville, NY

#1 Nov 20, 2013
Why doesn't Bob return the county owned equipment, chain saw, GPS, hand tools etc. Why doesn't the county go after him for this. Why doesn't Bob pay back the gas to the county for transporting his child to school in a county official pick up truck? Or when he used a county trailer to move his personal belongings from his his house in Jefferson County to his cabin in Lewis County when his wife kicked him out?
Hoodwinked

Lowville, NY

#2 Nov 20, 2013
Why don't you send a list of things to the County? Sounds like you could be very helpful in getting this done. What are you waiting for?
Chris

Lowville, NY

#3 Nov 20, 2013
The county must have a list in their inventory!
Hoodwinked

Lowville, NY

#5 Nov 21, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly it's not worth the time and effort for the little amount the stuff is worth. And you also will not get blood from a stone. He's gone, his lawsuit is squished. It's over. Time to move on.
It is worth the time and effort...what he took and still has is NOT his. It sends a message to others (and you know they are out there) who use their position's perks for their own benefit when it is strictly prohibited that the taxpayer isn't going to take it anymore!
Disgruntled Tax Payer

Lowville, NY

#6 Nov 28, 2013
Wednesday December 4th Mr. Bob gets sentenced in Lewis County Court at 08:30am
Disgruntled Tax Payer

Lowville, NY

#7 Dec 4, 2013
Today's the day for Mr.Bob. I Hope he gets what he has coming, and I hope the judge treats him the nasty way, Bob treated the public. What goes around, comes around.
Why is a do-over OK

Cary, NC

#8 Dec 4, 2013
I don't think it's right that after someone gets caught for stealing they should be able to do a do-over to have the charges reduced by writing a personal check to cover the loss.

Even if it was a political "foot ball" I still don't think it's right to expect and be granted a do-over.

This exact same thing happened in Brantingham with the town clerk. Karyn Fayle's charges got reduced when she cut a personal check for $17K.

Isn't the expectation of a do-over what the taxpayers of Lewis County should be upset about and not about the political football issue? I don't agree with Judge Todd on this point. So what if the "good Ol' Boy" network is breaking down. I think it's best for this county's tax payers not to show ANY favoritism.
agree with you

Gloversville, NY

#9 Dec 6, 2013
Why is a do-over OK wrote:
I don't think it's right that after someone gets caught for stealing they should be able to do a do-over to have the charges reduced by writing a personal check to cover the loss.
Even if it was a political "foot ball" I still don't think it's right to expect and be granted a do-over.
This exact same thing happened in Brantingham with the town clerk. Karyn Fayle's charges got reduced when she cut a personal check for $17K.
Isn't the expectation of a do-over what the taxpayers of Lewis County should be upset about and not about the political football issue? I don't agree with Judge Todd on this point. So what if the "good Ol' Boy" network is breaking down. I think it's best for this county's tax payers not to show ANY favoritism.
I totally agree with you. He got off pretty good with what he was charged with. Conditional discharge,,why not probation so he can be accountable for what he does in the future. His community service,will that be working with Mr Onyon and the trail system. Who's going to keep track of his hours. I guarantee this lazy butt will not work 300 hours. Put him to work at the dump sorting garbage and save the taxpayers some money. Why go so easy on him, and now he's appealing his guilty conviction. Excuse me, he admitted he made a mistake when he paid the county back. So how much has he done that wasn't caught.Glad he's gone, now work on the rest of the people that do nothing to improve this county when it's there job. Instead pay them big money to do nothing. We need big changes now.
I thought

Jamesville, NY

#10 Dec 6, 2013
Didn't some of those bozo legislators try to get an audit done and it wasn't passed? That should tell you there was nothing to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis County clerk plans to retire after 16-yea... Mar 13 citizen 1
News Port Leyden man accused of taking son's Ritalin Nov '14 aaa 1
News Lowville woman charged with second-degree haras... Nov '14 Justice 1
News Turin woman accused of selling meth on school g... Oct '14 Tolerance is a Vi... 2
News Lewis County man charged with sexually abusing ... Oct '14 small 2
News Lewis County man charged with raping girl (Dec '12) Oct '14 eric 29
News Lowville woman arrested on felony drug charges (Apr '14) Oct '14 used 2
More from around the web