Public hearings planned for Lewis Cou...

Public hearings planned for Lewis County forest parcels

There are 1 comment on the North County Public Radio story from Sep 2, 2013, titled Public hearings planned for Lewis County forest parcels. In it, North County Public Radio reports that:

The state Department of Environmental Conservation has scheduled public meetings as it prepares management plans for state forest tracts in Herkimer and Lewis counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Public Radio.

Calling Undercover People

Dudley, NC

#1 Sep 2, 2013
I probably can't make it to this meeting (Sept 18 & 19).
Any Undercover Folks want to go and report back??...

"Department of Environmental Conservation has scheduled public meetings as it prepares management plans for state forest tracts in Herkimer and Lewis counties.

The tracts include the Westward Waters Unit, comprised of 17 state forests in Lewis County, and the Independence River Wild Forest area in Lewis and Herkimer counties.

The meetings will give the public a chance to help establish long-range goals for the lands, including enhanced access for hiking, mountain biking, hunting, snowmobiling and other activities.

The meetings will be held on Sept. 18 and 19 at the Lowville Fire Department. The agency's Region 6 office in Lowville is also taking public comment by mail and e-mail."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... Wed narc101 12
News Croghan man accused of stealing items from conv... Tue Is he your drug d... 1
Bear is still at it .... smh .... Oct 25 TellinItLikeItIs 1
Insurance Oct '17 Stop supporting 1
News a Indivisible Lowvillea group offers alternativ... Aug '17 Pence Step Up 20
matador Aug '17 Anonymous 56
News Watson man charged with marijuana possession, c... (May '17) Jul '17 Happy citizen 3
More from around the web