Lobby entrance at Lowville hospital c...

Lobby entrance at Lowville hospital closed for dialysis project

There are 10 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Lobby entrance at Lowville hospital closed for dialysis project. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

The main lobby entrance at Lewis County General Hospital will likely be closed for the next few weeks due to the ongoing capital project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Madam Reality

Saranac Lake, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Other medical facilities are getting out of dialysis while this one is getting into it. It is not profitable for many other facilities. Lewis County must learn the hard way, I guess. Lewis is county of roughly 25,000-28,000. A county hospital in a small county cannot do everything for everybody. What's next? Shall we begin doing heart catheterizations and heart surgery so that no county resident will have to travel for those services? Of course, half of Lewis County is on public assistance----so what the hell!
Ignorance

New York, NY

#2 Jun 18, 2013
Seriously, you need to get a life and get your facts straight. The money for the dialysis unit was DONATED!
Madam Reality

Saranac Lake, NY

#3 Jun 18, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
Seriously, you need to get a life and get your facts straight. The money for the dialysis unit was DONATED!
Seriously, you need to get YOUR facts straight. Was the money to clean and maintain it donated? Was the money to heat it donated? When the medical group that is going to lease and operate it decides that it can't continue (as they have in some other venues) because it isn't profitable enough---will there be enough donated money for the county to keep it operating? I have never seen a facility being operated by such uninformed people as this hospital is. "Ignorance"---yep that's you!
hinder

United States

#4 Jun 19, 2013
Madam Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you need to get YOUR facts straight. Was the money to clean and maintain it donated? Was the money to heat it donated? When the medical group that is going to lease and operate it decides that it can't continue (as they have in some other venues) because it isn't profitable enough---will there be enough donated money for the county to keep it operating? I have never seen a facility being operated by such uninformed people as this hospital is. "Ignorance"---yep that's you!
as I read your rant I found myself laughing
Clearly you must know everything?!do tell!! Because clearly you know what's best for this county!and how everything works..
STILL LAUGHING..
grant

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2013
Madam Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
here is a thought reach deep down into your welfare pocket and help pay the costs lmao since your much better than the whole county.hows your welfare paid computer that allows you to express your not wanted opinion working for ypu???better than mine I'm guessing.haha
anon

Gloversville, NY

#6 Jun 19, 2013
Here it goes again. People on here starting a discussion that they cant debate so they bring in people on welfare. So how does being disrespectful to a group of people make you win a debate or argument or even a casual discussion. You are no better then a raciest. Most people that are on DSS do not want to be there and would rather be working. There are some who do live off the system but that is a small minority of the people on it. If you cant stick to the topic and debate your side without dragging others in then maybe you shouldnt have gotten into it in the first place. You just make yourself look foolish when you do that. The topic of this thread is the hospital. What are the pros and cons of each side. Then pick a side you believe in and gather information and then make an informed discussion. It isnt that hard.
Madam Reality

Saranac Lake, NY

#7 Jun 20, 2013
hinder wrote:
<quoted text>as I read your rant I found myself laughing
Clearly you must know everything?!do tell!! Because clearly you know what's best for this county!and how everything works..
STILL LAUGHING..
"hinder"

What a good name for a hind-end such as yourself!

I would still be laughing too if you weren't so pitiful.
Madam Reality

Saranac Lake, NY

#8 Jun 20, 2013
grant wrote:
<quoted text>here is a thought reach deep down into your welfare pocket and help pay the costs lmao since your much better than the whole county.hows your welfare paid computer that allows you to express your not wanted opinion working for ypu???better than mine I'm guessing.haha
I have never been on welfare. Hell, I have never even drawn unemployment! I believe in work. That is why I oppose that boondoggle you call a hospital.
Abner1

Boonville, NY

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Donated money? Grants..do you know where grant monies come from? Tax payers-please explain how this is donated money! All the 'powers that be' are pissing away all kinds of money and making it more sellable when the LLC fails shortly and the hospital is fully privatized! Also, never received any financial assistance and have been working for many years, so I don't even want to hear the remarks about me being on assistance, etc.
Madam Reality

Saranac Lake, NY

#10 Jun 22, 2013
Abner1 wrote:
Donated money? Grants..do you know where grant monies come from? Tax payers-please explain how this is donated money! All the 'powers that be' are pissing away all kinds of money and making it more sellable when the LLC fails shortly and the hospital is fully privatized! Also, never received any financial assistance and have been working for many years, so I don't even want to hear the remarks about me being on assistance, etc.
Good for you Abner1. I am glad to see somebody on here with some brains. That hospital does need to be privatized. However, in such a small county, a lot of people are working there and riding that public dole gravy train. Those same people have family members who are sympathetic and also want the gravy train to keep running. That ignorant bunch of county legislators will keep on applying grease to all those squeaky wheels. The CSEA union has unionized the employees there against the PUBLIC--the taxpayer. They are not unionized against some unfair boss---they are unionized against taxpayers! The salaries paid there (both professional and nonprofessional) are far higher than any private entity within the county. In a county owned hospital, why is the salary of the hospital manager many times higher than the salary of the manager of the entire county? Duh! The benefits packages of these people are ridiculous. They will have lucrative pensions and health insurance benefits for life at retirement. The rest of us will have to buy our own insurance and pay for our own pensions. I am not jealous. I am not opposed to giving them a 401K opportunity. But it pisses me off when I have to pay for mine while having to pay for theirs as well. Private jobs are being squeezed like never before. Farmers, loggers, and small business owners can't keep doing all this for these sluggards. Something needs to be done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis County Humane Society seeking donations t... (Feb '16) Dec '16 LowvilleRes 5
Moms who do drugs (Nov '15) Sep '16 momwhocares 7
News Lyons Falls woman accused of violating court order Aug '16 onewaystreet 1
News Job fair for Lowville warehouse positions draws... Aug '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Climax Packaging in Lowville to close, idling 157 (Apr '16) May '16 darkevi6 2
property (May '16) May '16 Paula 1
News Watson man posts video of police entering home (Mar '16) Apr '16 Purple rain 35
More from around the web