Woman Killed In Accidental Shooting

Dec 7, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cincypost.Com

Kentucky State Police said Veronica Hubbard of the Stinett community in Leslie County died Sunday afternoon after she was hit with a blast from a 12-guage shotgun.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
satch

Traverse City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

very sad an she will be missed by lots . should open peoples eyes guns are better locked up an unloaded. the owner of the gun should be held responsible very sad . iwas going Through the paper today an there was a 7 yr old kid that got his first deer 7 is way to young an 13 to play with guns very sad it cost a life
sry bout ur lost

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

sry bout the lost i no ur going threw a hard tyme but hold ur head up
Hacker

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

satch wrote:
very sad an she will be missed by lots . should open peoples eyes guns are better locked up an unloaded. the owner of the gun should be held responsible very sad . iwas going Through the paper today an there was a 7 yr old kid that got his first deer 7 is way to young an 13 to play with guns very sad it cost a life
Just another victory for you eh. Exploit an unfortunate tragedy to express your misguided views on guns at the expense of another. There are literally thousands of other accidents that could have ended in the same result and HAVE. It was an accident and as soon as the child can come to the realization that it was an accident and not be confused by the fact that it was a gun they can go on with their life instead of chosing the easy way out and place blame on an object.
Hopefully the child never sees these comments but if they do, I would like to say, as a man, You are not alone. You are not to blame. It's as simple as that.
kentuckygirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

does anybody know if Veronica had a brother named Bobby Joe Hubbard?
confused

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

Hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another victory for you eh. Exploit an unfortunate tragedy to express your misguided views on guns at the expense of another. There are literally thousands of other accidents that could have ended in the same result and HAVE. It was an accident and as soon as the child can come to the realization that it was an accident and not be confused by the fact that it was a gun they can go on with their life instead of chosing the easy way out and place blame on an object.
Hopefully the child never sees these comments but if they do, I would like to say, as a man, You are not alone. You are not to blame. It's as simple as that.
I HARDLY think they see the whole thing as a victory! YOU seem to be the misguided one my friend. 13 is too young for a gun...hell...sometimes adults aren't "adult" enough for a gun. You make me sick. What about saying "choosing the easy way out and blaming an object." If you didn't know, there is no "easy way out." Someone's mother, friend, family is gone. There is nothing easy about that.

It was most definitely an accident.
An accident caused because of a GUN.

Children should not need a gun, they shouldn't have to touch a gun.

I'm not against keeping a gun. But there has to be a level of maturity and responsibility reached before one should even lay hands on such a dangerous weapon.
Just Passing Through

Lancaster, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

kentuckygirl wrote:
does anybody know if Veronica had a brother named Bobby Joe Hubbard?
No Sweetie! Her Maden name was Bray,She was Stanley Brays Daughter,And a very Sweet & Wonderful Person,She will be missed by all who knew her,May God Bless,And be with that Family.
close

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I HARDLY think they see the whole thing as a victory! YOU seem to be the misguided one my friend. 13 is too young for a gun...hell...sometimes adults aren't "adult" enough for a gun. You make me sick. What about saying "choosing the easy way out and blaming an object." If you didn't know, there is no "easy way out." Someone's mother, friend, family is gone. There is nothing easy about that.
It was most definitely an accident.
An accident caused because of a GUN.
Children should not need a gun, they shouldn't have to touch a gun.
I'm not against keeping a gun. But there has to be a level of maturity and responsibility reached before one should even lay hands on such a dangerous weapon.
An accident caused because of a GUN? No, it was an accident caused because an irresponsible adult layed it down and having it loaded.
confused

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

close wrote:
<quoted text>An accident caused because of a GUN? No, it was an accident caused because an irresponsible adult layed it down and having it loaded.
THUS, a GUN was involved, and so it was an accident caused BECAUSE of a gun.

If there hadn't been a gun, then there wouldn't have been an accident.

DUH?
Enough said

Lancaster, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

Literally, enough has been said about this subject. For those who wish to jump on a soapbox and point a finger, using a horrible, tragic ACCIDENT as means to promote their particular cause, SHUT UP and GO AWAY!
You aren't helping, you are pretty low in the morals department to keep banging on your drum.
There is a family, along with a host of relatives and friends, that is grieving right now and will be for a long time to come. Go somewhere else to spout your views on gun control, etc. It is not your place to determine blame or repsonsibilty here, in fact, if you're so concerned with responsibilty, why don't you do the responsible thing and stop posting. You are only hurting people who are already in unimaginable pain. If you have one ounce of decency, one drop of human kindness, one shred of compassion, you will stop posting. Please.
confused

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

clearly enough has not been said.

people learn from talking about things.
pretending something didn't happen doesn't change the fact that it happened.
and through discussing such things, maybe it will prevent it from happening again.
Family Friend

North, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

As a friend we're just asking out of the kindness of your heart please leave this topic be.. These kids have lost there mother give them sometime before they have to hear about people talk about whats on topix all over this town.. Please
Remember This

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH?
I believe the small minded adults that bicker over who should or should not have a gun, or what the cause may or may not have been, are the very ones that have yet to grow up. You boys need to understand that an accident has no cause or question of involvement. That is why it is called an accident.
Your Age does not determine your level of responsibility, your mind determines this. Further more, neither your age or mind can determine an accident. The fact is that whether a man, women, or child had picked up the weapon,it still would make it no less or no more of an accident.
I only hope the boy understands just that. No one is to blame, no object is to blame, it's meant for him now to think of happy times and memories they shared, not to worry and dwell on bad times, and painful memories.
God Bless This Family.
confused

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Remember This wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the small minded adults that bicker over who should or should not have a gun, or what the cause may or may not have been, are the very ones that have yet to grow up. You boys need to understand that an accident has no cause or question of involvement. That is why it is called an accident.
Your Age does not determine your level of responsibility, your mind determines this. Further more, neither your age or mind can determine an accident. The fact is that whether a man, women, or child had picked up the weapon,it still would make it no less or no more of an accident.
I only hope the boy understands just that. No one is to blame, no object is to blame, it's meant for him now to think of happy times and memories they shared, not to worry and dwell on bad times, and painful memories.
God Bless This Family.
An accident is the unintended result of an "action." Had there been no gun, there wouldn't have been the action or the accident that resulted in the woman's death.

I am not placing blame on anyone or any object. I am simply saying that gun control, and gun safety are things that need to be taken a whole hell of a lot more seriously in this country. People hold onto their ideas about guns because without the weapon we wouldn't have been able to found the United States.(Honestly though, settlers wouldn't have been able to hunt for survival, and we wouldn't have been able to take the land away from Native Americans as efficiently.)

Anyway, nowadays people claim that they keep guns in the home to protect their families, or to hunt...when in reality if a gun is in the home you are more likely to hurt someone in the family than an intruder. Fact.
close

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH?
Guns don't kill anybody, it's the people pulling the trigger or the owners that leave them accessible to children that kill people.I have owned guns for 30 years and they haven't harmed anyone. They are just a tool or weapon, depending on how "a person" chooses to use them. If there weren't any idiots like you there wouldn't be any killings either! I suppose we should get rid of every stone, stick, hand, foot, CARS<<(one of the highest killers), drugs, poisons, preservatives put into our foods.....I could go on and on. It's not these things that kill people, it's the people!
close

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

who="Family Friend"]As a friend we're just asking out of the kindness of your heart please leave this topic be.. These kids have lost there mother give them sometime before they have to hear about people talk about whats on topix all over this town.. Please
I want to appologize. This is no place or time to argue over gun rights or control. We should take this up on another topix. It was an accident and i know they are going through enough.Again, i'm sorry!
confused

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

close wrote:
<quoted text>Guns don't kill anybody, it's the people pulling the trigger or the owners that leave them accessible to children that kill people.I have owned guns for 30 years and they haven't harmed anyone. They are just a tool or weapon, depending on how "a person" chooses to use them. If there weren't any idiots like you there wouldn't be any killings either! I suppose we should get rid of every stone, stick, hand, foot, CARS<<(one of the highest killers), drugs, poisons, preservatives put into our foods.....I could go on and on. It's not these things that kill people, it's the people!
Well...then you have just been lucky for 30 years.

And do NOT call me an idiot for suggesting that people practice responsibility when owning a gun.

If I'm an "idiot" then you're a "trigger happy dumbass."
let me

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

guess? You actually believe that gun control would keep guns out of everyone's hands. A safe little utopia where no one would ever get hurt. Get real. Criminals would have guns, the goverment would have guns. Need I say more. Accidents happen, as the previous post stated. Tragedies occur daily. We can't dictate every choice to protect people from themselves. We don't need to be treated like unruly children. Many people own guns. We use them to hunt and as reminders of our past.They are passed down from our ancestors and are cherished heirlooms.Regulate yourself!
haa

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

you cant blame a gun for nothing becouse if thats the way it is then every car accident the car maker is at foult .so go on blame the shell maker the chinease for making powder or u.s. steal for casting gun barels .you are acting like there is blame for every thing lets face it gun,s dont kill, people do .like cars its the driver that kills .not the car leave it parked wont hurt no body leave a gun alone it wont hurt no one.you cant lay blame on a acident.its just that humans all are prone to mistakes.police man or not. we all make them or we would not be humans.see all the traning that man had there is still the roome for mistakes .what if he would have walked by he would have ben dead.you no he is going thrue so much than any one can understand .what if you was in that pozishion having to witness someone that you cared for having to try and save them .with all of that on just you .pore guy hope he can get it together and no its can hapen to the best of us.so lets let it be .and i am family . and i love my people but i also respect others that relly care.
close

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...then you have just been lucky for 30 years.
And do NOT call me an idiot for suggesting that people practice responsibility when owning a gun.
If I'm an "idiot" then you're a "trigger happy dumbass."
Now that wasn't very "responsible", getting on here and calling someone a bad name. I'm definitely not "trigger happy". I've never pulled the trigger on anything that i didn't intend to shoot. Furtermore, the gun was never loaded and my finger never placed on the trigger until ready to shoot.A person is killed in a car accident every minute.That's far more than are killed with guns, including the deaths in wars. I guess the car is to blame for that? Maybe they should get rid of all cars, trucks, planes, etc.. That would also reduce "global warming" that you liberals blame on coal. Even a child has enough common sense to figure that out.So who is the "dumb@zz" now? Put that in your pipe and smoke it! hehehe
close

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

let me wrote:
guess? You actually believe that gun control would keep guns out of everyone's hands. A safe little utopia where no one would ever get hurt. Get real. Criminals would have guns, the goverment would have guns. Need I say more. Accidents happen, as the previous post stated. Tragedies occur daily. We can't dictate every choice to protect people from themselves. We don't need to be treated like unruly children. Many people own guns. We use them to hunt and as reminders of our past.They are passed down from our ancestors and are cherished heirlooms.Regulate yourself!
Words well spoken! Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leslie County Discussions

Search the Leslie County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
arrested Apr 13 nosierosie 1
Accused rapist who fled house arrest found by L... Apr 7 MOM 1
ferret 4 sale (Aug '13) Mar 28 lulu red 2
hyden topic Feb '14 suck 1
County to sue over redistricting plan (Aug '13) Jan '14 Cool Story 2
Woman shot, man stabbed in Leslie County home i... Jan '14 look 9
lacey blane Dec '13 yeah 2
•••
•••