Inmate dies in Franklin Correctional ...

Inmate dies in Franklin Correctional Institution

There are 93 comments on the Tallahassee.com story from Sep 22, 2010, titled Inmate dies in Franklin Correctional Institution. In it, Tallahassee.com reports that:

An inmate died in Franklin Correctional Institution on Sunday, sparking an investigation of the events leading to his death, reported Jo Ellyn Rackleff, a spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tallahassee.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ashley Davis

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2010
My husband, Isaac, is an inmate at that facility and he witnessed an inmate die last month. How many people have to lose their life before someone steps in to aide the prisoners?
Unknown

Bristol, FL

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Just to clarify no inmate died last month or the month before that or the month before that at FCI, these inmates are well taken care of, I know I work there.
information

Largo, FL

#3 Sep 25, 2010
Ashley, Which inmate was this. do you have any other information on this.
Brandi

Middleburg, FL

#4 Oct 8, 2010
This inmate was my cousin Randall Jordan-Aparo and from everything I have read the inmates at Franklin C.I are treated like crap. For the record Randall was gassed right before his death and asked for help!! Did he get it?? I am guessing not. Unknown if you expect me to belive that inmates are well taken care of in any prison you obviously must think that I walk around with blinders on.
Who Needs to know

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2010
I too have a dear friend at FRANKLIN CI. Who also gave the same story of an inmate being gassed to death. A poster put above they get treated well because she works there. That doens't mean anything because you work there???? Obviously.
You clarifying means what??? This did happen.
notsomuch

Lutz, FL

#6 Nov 22, 2010
as someone that this "victim" stole from I know he is no saint so there were probably reasons they did not believe he was in trouble he was always causing some sort of problem so I don't think it's fair to blame the corrections officers
Brandi

Middleburg, FL

#7 Jan 16, 2011
notsomuch wrote:
as someone that this "victim" stole from I know he is no saint so there were probably reasons they did not believe he was in trouble he was always causing some sort of problem so I don't think it's fair to blame the corrections officers
I am fully aware that he was no saint sweetheart. Reguardless of whether or not he was always into something gives the gaurds no right to negate their responsibilities. THAT'S THE JOB THEY GET PAID TO DO!!! If you gotta take the same inmate to the nurse 90000 times guess what that's the way the cookie crumbles. From the fact you seem to know alor about him I am guessing you probably ran in the same circles.
KMG

United States

#8 Feb 7, 2011
I too have a friend @ Franklin.
Who shared the same story of
this guy being gassed to death.
He said that there are for sure
penalties for getting up in these
guards faces and they have no
tolerance for any kind of foolishness.
This story is like so many others
are sad. Young people stay out
of prison.
jeff

Gastonia, NC

#9 Mar 17, 2011
I just spoke to the sister of an inmate who was in confinement with randy right before he died and it was the guards who were responsible.....she is trying to get to the bottom of this so if anyone knows his fathers phone number please email me asap... [email protected].. its very important so please respond if u know it... oh and for the unknown who works at franklin, your facility will be exploited and they will find out the truth about that prison.
kingdomlife

Palatka, FL

#10 Mar 17, 2011
easiest way to prevent death in prison is to stay out. just sayin'.
not so much

Tampa, FL

#11 Apr 5, 2011
Brandi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully aware that he was no saint sweetheart. Reguardless of whether or not he was always into something gives the gaurds no right to negate their responsibilities. THAT'S THE JOB THEY GET PAID TO DO!!! If you gotta take the same inmate to the nurse 90000 times guess what that's the way the cookie crumbles. From the fact you seem to know alor about him I am guessing you probably ran in the same circles.
I didn't "run in his circle" my ex was a friend of his, I gladly kicked him out of my home on several occasions. He couldn't respect himself let alone others. This is a guy that stole food stamps from his own nephew.
david

Clearwater, FL

#12 Jun 10, 2011
I just got out of franklin and was there when randy was killed.He was aguring with the officers,and they peppersprayed him,he asked for help they said no.Besides the nurses there take at 10-15 min to get to confinment.The officers there will spray inmates for anything,I was sprayed because my cellmate called Lt.Austin a "cracker".It's a shame how they run the prison,and for unknown who works there,your probaly one of the lowlife officers who hassle the inmates because you were picked on while you were a kid.IT'S NOT ARE FAULT
Friend

Seminole, FL

#13 Jul 28, 2011
david wrote:
I just got out of franklin and was there when randy was killed.He was aguring with the officers,and they peppersprayed him,he asked for help they said no.Besides the nurses there take at 10-15 min to get to confinment.The officers there will spray inmates for anything,I was sprayed because my cellmate called Lt.Austin a "cracker".It's a shame how they run the prison,and for unknown who works there,your probaly one of the lowlife officers who hassle the inmates because you were picked on while you were a kid.IT'S NOT ARE FAULT
David, if you could please email me with any information you have. I am close with his brother and father and they are trying to gather more information about what really happened. [email protected]
Friend

Seminole, FL

#14 Jul 28, 2011
Brandi wrote:
<quoted text>
Brandi, email me at [email protected] I was at his memorial and have some information (I don't know if you have heard it yet from his brother)
Friend

Seminole, FL

#15 Jul 28, 2011
notsomuch wrote:
Regardless of what kind of person he was, that is no reason to refuse medical attention or to not "believe" they are in need, when they are asking for help. The correction officers ARE at fault and should have brought him to medical!!!
MsLafavbe

Tampa, FL

#16 Jul 28, 2011
Look I just was informed about the incidents that take place at this facility and you aren't telling the truth. Those inmates are crying out for help and its time this place be investigated. My opinion is that not all inmates need to be treated like crap. I worked at a facility before and quit b/c I had to lie about certain things and I've seen how nasty the officers can be toward the inmates. I truly believe that something corrupt is going on in there and since I'm nosey i"m going to investigate.
Unknown wrote:
Just to clarify no inmate died last month or the month before that or the month before that at FCI, these inmates are well taken care of, I know I work there.
MsLafavbe

Tampa, FL

#17 Jul 28, 2011
Thats so true. Now say you were around your cousin or a friend and you had no clue that they did something wrong and asked you to ride somewhere with them and all of a sudden they commit a crime without you having any knowledge that they were going to do it. How would you feel? sometime things happen beyond our control and as innocent as we may be we too have to suffer. Some people are INNOCENT..... JUSTSAYING
kingdomlife wrote:
easiest way to prevent death in prison is to stay out. just sayin'.
MsLafavbe

Tampa, FL

#18 Jul 28, 2011
I TOTALLY AGREE.....
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what kind of person he was, that is no reason to refuse medical attention or to not "believe" they are in need, when they are asking for help. The correction officers ARE at fault and should have brought him to medical!!!
worried mother

United States

#19 Sep 17, 2011
I have a son being held at that facility. I was unaware of these cruel acts toward the inmates. I was also nor aware that someone lost their life due to these brutal acts. Anyone with info. Please keep me informed
Another worried mother

Gibsonton, FL

#20 Oct 5, 2011
I also have a son who was just transferred there,please keep me informed of anything that I should be concerned about!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leon County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Oct '16 Vic 2
Vote For Donald Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Pete Williams Mulls Over Challenging Gwen Graha... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Grumpy Old Guy 1
adjudication withheld on cdl drivers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Michelle Cosmato 1
News School Bus Hits SUV In Tallahassee (Apr '14) Apr '14 Katie P 1
News Sheriff Joe challenges eligibility in Florida (Jun '12) Nov '13 Drive1 2
News Deputies Tase, Capture Runaway Llama (Jun '13) Jun '13 Uh Clem 8
More from around the web