1/13 - Teen Accused of Rape in Leelan...

1/13 - Teen Accused of Rape in Leelanau County

There are 9 comments on the WWUP-TV Cadillac story from Jan 13, 2010, titled 1/13 - Teen Accused of Rape in Leelanau County. In it, WWUP-TV Cadillac reports that:

A 17 year old is accused of raping someone in Leelanau County. Prosecutors formally charged Shayne Michael Hough Tuesday morning with one felony county of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWUP-TV Cadillac.

cedar woman

Traverse City, MI

#1 Jan 19, 2010
Too many young men get away with this. No means No. It took courage for this young victim to come forth. I hope he get a harsh sentence.
Heather

Traverse City, MI

#2 Jan 28, 2010
Before people comment about this story they need to know all the facts. So before you wish someone a harsh sentence know what ur accusing them of and what really happened. For all you know the word NO happened after the whole situation accured. There's a reason it's called a STORY not a documented proven fact.
Heather

Traverse City, MI

#3 Jan 28, 2010
Before anyone comments on this story they need to know the facts. And before u wish someone a harsh sentence u need to know what ur talking about. And for all you know the word NO was never said till after the whole situation accured. There's a reason it's called a STORY not a documented proven fact. Most of the time it's what girls want at that moment then change their mind after the fact and call it something it's not and ruin a person name and rep forever.
cedar woman

Traverse City, MI

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Most of the time might be what you want, but I cannot believe this about every girl. I do know facts more than I am sharing. This boy deserves his future taken from him, after all look at what he has taken from her. If you have never been in a situation such as this then maybe it is you that should not comment.
Mi2cents

Alanson, MI

#5 Jan 30, 2010
The reality was that this situation OCCURRED between a 17yr old boy and a 15yr old girl...that by itself outlines rape, she is not legally able to consent to any sex act - Furthermore, you'll note in the most recent update on this true "STORY", another charge has been added based on testimony... Mistakes can be made and I'm sure this boy will come to think of this as the greatest one of his life, however it doesn't erase it, it doesn't make it not the truth, and now he is going to have to own up to his new reality...
dbd

Traverse City, MI

#6 Mar 16, 2010
in life bad things happen and this is one of the worst i know for a fact that this girl had no intentions of doing anything with this man yes she may have flirted but she did it as a joke she never imagined it going this far. she does not hate him nor the 2 other people who were there heard her crys for help and did absolutely nothing, but she does feel hurt and utter betrayl from those she thought were her close friends. she did not do this as a joke or for attention she would never wish this upon anyone especially those she considered friends but sometimes the right thing to do isnt always the easist and i wish people would see that and before you make judgment on her reverse the roles imagine it being you or your daughter this happened to then pass all the judgment you wish
cedar woman

Traverse City, MI

#7 Mar 17, 2010
dbd, very well said. I too know this young girl,quite well actually. It has been through so much already for such a young person and I pray every day that she remains strong.She is right not to hate, the actions she is taken are all the right ones.
cedar woman

Traverse City, MI

#8 May 5, 2010
I see this boy finally got sentance. He lucky they offered him a plea bargain. I was hoping he would have recieved more time but I guess in all accounts he does have to register for the rest of his life as a sex offender.
Soon he may realize what it is like to be raped or violated and helpless.
dbd

United States

#9 Aug 19, 2010
another tid bit id like to add to this is the girl this happened to is very strong she did not let this ruin her life she does not wallow in the shadows of the dark thoughts she has moved past the bad and is doin very well although she seems like nothing is wrong this will always stay with her always on her mind no matter what how she lives her life. but i have faith and i know she will not let this determine her future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leelanau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City of Detroit butting heads with blight-eatin... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Professor 2
News Reopening the Osceola Inn (Oct '08) Feb '13 Are-Jay-Bee 32
News Weekend Police Report: Concert Assault, Hit & Run (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sneaky Pete 2
News Docs filed with FEMA turn up in Mich. storage unit (Aug '11) Sep '11 anonymous 3
News TART gets Rotary grant (Jun '11) Jun '11 Sneaky Pete 1
News Former Contraversial Judge Warns Teenagers (Apr '10) Apr '10 Spell Check 2
News ACLU claims deputies violated constitutional law (Oct '09) Oct '09 joe 1
More from around the web