Damaged Keokuk house to be demolished

There are 26 comments on the Hawk Eye story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Damaged Keokuk house to be demolished. In it, Hawk Eye reports that:

KEOKUK After six years of being declared unsafe to occupy, the house at 323 Concert St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hawk Eye.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tess

Racine, WI

#1 Apr 23, 2010
Mahoney should feel ashamed of herself, I wonder if her husband and relatives work at the Rocquett plant as well. Maybe they should investigate the entire city government for corn starch connections. Mahoney has long abused her authority as a city official and should never have been placed in a position of authority. She has picked on the poor people of Keokuk for a long time. This is not the first incident.
Diana

Racine, WI

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Can God bless a town like Keokuk when it torments the poor like this.
Bev

Racine, WI

#3 Apr 23, 2010
I'm surprised the city just didn't pay someone to burn it down.
Dan

Racine, WI

#4 Apr 23, 2010
Apparently this is the only way she can justify her job..
Theresa

Racine, WI

#5 Apr 24, 2010
I remember how she tormented one person because they had too many toys in their yard and too many kids.
Terry

Racine, WI

#6 Apr 25, 2010
Mahoney should be ashamed of herself for picking on poor people like that. Maybew she learned it from the Eve Free people - it seems other city officials go there as well - Mark Wessel.
Bob

Racine, WI

#7 Apr 26, 2010
It seems Mr. Howard has run a foul of the Rocquette people. One would have to be standing in his house to smell anything. This is nothing new to Cathy and Pam, to enter some one's house without permission. Mr. Howard does not work for Rocquett so is fair game to these people. They have carefully controlled the elections of Keokuk and ran off in a united front anyone who might oppose them.
just wondering

Columbia, MO

#8 Apr 26, 2010
The reason why kathy mahoney acts like she does is she's trying to be like her dad who was GENE FALLON everyone who worked for Gene in those day's on the sanitation where he was boss at that time never liked him either.Gene ran around with his cigar in his mouth and alway's had shit stired up.Just how long are you people in Keokuk going to let her run this town down .....
Ebby

Racine, WI

#9 Apr 29, 2010
Shame, shame, shame on Kathy
lee

Columbia, MO

#10 Apr 30, 2010
This man who is known as "MR.HOWARD" is a no good for nothing piece of crap.(I would never waste my breath on calling him such.) He is a very dirty filthy man and the house in question wasn't fit for him to live in. Let alone a bunch of animals. If it's not fit for him then it's not fit for his animals. He needs to own up to his responsibilities and quit using the Veteran Syndrome for his defense. So what he was in the military but he also is a suspect in my brothers murder in 1991. But the fat nasty thing walked. I hope he gets what is coming to him in every way shape and form. Whether its from Mahoney or whomever. KARMA is a B! Think about it people... Would you like to live next door to such conditions? That odor is awful. Not to mention an eyesore.
Ebby

Racine, WI

#11 Apr 30, 2010
I really just can't believe lee because I walk past that house everyday and it is on a hill and the area is well ventilated and I have dated Mr. Howard numerous times and I know his house is or was on Section 8 housing for a long time. Lee's brother must have done something to deserve such an untimely end.
Blue boy

Racine, WI

#12 May 1, 2010
So what is new, Keokuk is one giant hell hole.
larry keokuk ia

Boone, IA

#13 May 1, 2010
hey i can remember mr howard putting a head lock on judge noneman a few years back and they never done nothing to Bill about that, just wait till he catches up with GENE FALLONS want to be like my daddy trouble maker kathy.....
Blue boy

Racine, WI

#14 May 1, 2010
Mr. Howard should set Kathy up with one of his girlfriends. It is hard to believe that she is one of those eve free people and they even wanted to put her on a committee. Maybe that is why God is not mentioned at that building.
Burps

Racine, WI

#15 May 3, 2010
Is not Kathy a rep for the space aliens who crash landed in Keokuk and set up a corn starch plant that burnt the wrong kind of coal and polluted Keokuk without any concern for the health of the local inhabitants. These space aliens and Kathy are just down right mean spirited.
southside

Norfolk, VA

#16 May 11, 2010
This house and about a hundred more need torn down and the people that own them held responsible for the costs since they let their places get in this shape in the first place....
Jason

Racine, WI

#17 May 11, 2010
Oh yes these people who own all 4,700 homes in Keokuk should all be shot at sunrise. Kathy.
Boops

Racine, WI

#18 May 14, 2010
It sounds like Kathy and Pam will soon be helping with the demise of the city of Keokuk by turning down another Keokuk home and making another resident homeless. Remember people your home may well be next. Kathy on the rampage - to make people homeless. Remember this is how the eve free people help the poor.
Boops

Racine, WI

#19 May 18, 2010
This is the first conflict of interest test five city council members who work for Roquette Scott Nichols, Zane Zirkel, Dan Winn, Roger Bryant and Mike Girard will take this year. A sixth council member, Susan Dunek, is married to a Roquette employee. Wanna bet Maybe Mr. Howard should run for mayor or city council.
Jill

Racine, WI

#20 May 20, 2010
I can see it now Mr. Howard for mayor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Keokuk household busted for drugs (Mar '12) Oct '14 All Seeing 6
News Lee County OKs group to study consolidation (Apr '14) Apr '14 Toad 2
News Davis agrees to plead in cases (Nov '10) Dec '13 Toby 3
News Multiple shots fired at Keokuk home (Jan '10) May '13 Toad 37
News The house that Habitat built (Nov '10) Dec '11 Jumbo 6
News Man allegedly touched girls inappropriately (Sep '10) Jun '11 visitor 68
News Missouri man accused of murder in Iowa (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jordan 1
More from around the web