Parents call childrens book 'pornogra...

Parents call childrens book 'pornographic'

There are 132 comments on the MSNBC story from Aug 11, 2011, titled Parents call childrens book 'pornographic'. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Parents are speaking out against a controversial book on the shelves of Lee County's libraries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

#145 Jan 31, 2012
YER hates children and has posted such over and over on this site. Based on that, he/she has no buisness responding to this thread at all.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#146 Jan 31, 2012
_yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I kind of got the gist of it from the article and where as it may not be the type of book we’d let our little ones look at some folks would. I personally have no idea why children of this age need this information so the easy cure is, don’t sign it out. It isn’t like children at this age are going to check the book out their self. If these watchdog whiners didn’t have something to piss and moan about they’d probably shrivel up and die. It’s always something with people.
Oh no..Jim and YNG see eye to eye? That's trouble.
There are teachers who take their grade school age students to the public library every week because it has a larger selection for them to choose from. The problem with that is that librarians can no longer refuse to allow a child to check out sexually explicit material; that includes selections from audio and video mediums. Parents need to ask their kids to show them what they have brought home from "school". I used to work in a library and I've seen 7 year old girls check out books from the adult section that could make Madonna blush.
Donna

UK

#147 Feb 1, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There are teachers who take their grade school age students to the public library every week because it has a larger selection for them to choose from. The problem with that is that librarians can no longer refuse to allow a child to check out sexually explicit material; that includes selections from audio and video mediums. Parents need to ask their kids to show them what they have brought home from "school". I used to work in a library and I've seen 7 year old girls check out books from the adult section that could make Madonna blush.
It has ever been the same - the younger generations shocking the older ones.
anonymous

Hamilton, OH

#148 Feb 1, 2012
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
It has ever been the same - the younger generations shocking the older ones.
And every one gets a bit worse...

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#149 Feb 1, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There are teachers who take their grade school age students to the public library every week because it has a larger selection for them to choose from. The problem with that is that librarians can no longer refuse to allow a child to check out sexually explicit material; that includes selections from audio and video mediums. Parents need to ask their kids to show them what they have brought home from "school". I used to work in a library and I've seen 7 year old girls check out books from the adult section that could make Madonna blush.
Holy mackerel…Nano….wow, how are you doing? How the hell did you stumble across this forum? Yep I know what you’re saying here about the snot noses and the library..but my problem is, parents are just too pass the buck anymore. I mean EVERYONE is pointing the finger at everyone else now a days. In some instances its justified. But certainly not here. Parent don’t seem to want to raise their little reprobates anymore, they seem to want the public to do it.
Nano it’s great to see you again, it’s been awhile and I’ve been pretty bored so I’ve been here a lot pissing off the lesser minds and they’re trying to get me banned again…They keep posting tidbits about me like how I hate kids hoping anyone that reads it will also hate me, I suppose they think that’s NEW news, I’ve been here since 2007 and I’m pretty sure between here and my website people are well aware what my views on “THEM” are…I love that. Psssstt…they aren’t even members!
PM me with the good stuff.
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

#150 Feb 1, 2012
Ron Jon wrote:
YER hates children and has posted such over and over on this site. Based on that, he/she has no buisness responding to this thread at all.
Still hating children YER.
anonymous

Hamilton, OH

#151 Feb 1, 2012
_yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Holy mackerel…Nano….wow, how are you doing? How the hell did you stumble across this forum? Yep I know what you’re saying here about the snot noses and the library..but my problem is, parents are just too pass the buck anymore. I mean EVERYONE is pointing the finger at everyone else now a days. In some instances its justified. But certainly not here. Parent don’t seem to want to raise their little reprobates anymore, they seem to want the public to do it.
Nano it’s great to see you again, it’s been awhile and I’ve been pretty bored so I’ve been here a lot pissing off the lesser minds and they’re trying to get me banned again…They keep posting tidbits about me like how I hate kids hoping anyone that reads it will also hate me, I suppose they think that’s NEW news, I’ve been here since 2007 and I’m pretty sure between here and my website people are well aware what my views on “THEM” are…I love that. Psssstt…they aren’t even members!
PM me with the good stuff.
Parents are too used to having the good stuff... so they both work, put the kid in day care, and see him or her when they're asleep...
So yeah, they pay to have someone else raise their kid...
But THEN, when their little brat does something reprehensible, OMG, or hints that there may be something substandard about his morals, values or whatever, They take it personally that they are ready to SUE at the drop of a hat. This continues until he gets involved in a gang, does something REALLY bad, the law gets involved, and he goes to jail.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#152 Feb 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Parents are too used to having the good stuff... so they both work, put the kid in day care, and see him or her when they're asleep...
So yeah, they pay to have someone else raise their kid...
But THEN, when their little brat does something reprehensible, OMG, or hints that there may be something substandard about his morals, values or whatever, They take it personally that they are ready to SUE at the drop of a hat. This continues until he gets involved in a gang, does something REALLY bad, the law gets involved, and he goes to jail.
Its great to know that others can see what's going on. A lot of people go through life with blinders on. So measy to "pass the buck" Then those that get vocal about it are called names by the brain dead. NEAT huh?
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

#153 Feb 1, 2012
_yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Its great to know that others can see what's going on. A lot of people go through life with blinders on.
Just like you YER. Clueless on what life is offering.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#154 Feb 19, 2012
Stupid pruned faced yuppie b1chz
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

#155 Feb 19, 2012
Ron Jon wrote:
<quoted text>Still hating children YER.
bump

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#156 Feb 19, 2012
Stupid pruned faced yuppie b1chz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort Myers Beach holding special meeting Saturday Jun '15 Confounded 1
News Florida man dances on patrol car to protect chi... Jun '15 Ander 10
News Person hit by dump truck in Lee County Jun '15 RTG 1
News Comedian Michael Palascak to Perform at SalusCa... May '15 LEO 477 1
News Florida woman faces 10 years in jail for stabbi... Apr '15 faith 1
News When Lee County cops go to jail, entire departm... (Jul '10) Jan '15 PAM 22
News Lee County code enforcement has 11,391 cases in... (Jan '10) Jan '15 david 41
More from around the web