City considering its own animal con.....

Aug 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cape Coral Daily Breeze

Code Compliance Manager Frank Cassidy said the city is still exploring the possibility of operating its own animal control service, adding that an RFP for a private, or a possible public-private partnership, is forthcoming.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Chickens.....my neighbors have chickens running aroudn their yard and in their house. When did this become alright?
Hey

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

OH good can you house all the homeless people instead...
Starr

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Cape Coral NEEDS an ASPCA! Lee County Animal Services is pretty much useless. They don't take in owner surrenders. They won't pick up strays. They advertise free neutering of feral cats everyday on TV, but when you call them they say "we don't do that." People are abandoning their pets on the streets because there is no safe place to take them. Please Cape Coral- Build an ASPCA.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Hey wrote:
What does this even mean? Itís the homelessí fault theyíre homeless.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Maybe the Cape can scoop up all of those worthless pit bulls and dump them somewhere. We all know what a piece of sh!t those dogs are. This might work out for the best.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Hey wrote:
No wait, I have a better idea...Let's build multi-family public housing units on every block so that we may house the homeless and the welfare-lifer's of the world. That way, they can be our burden FOREVER! Holy sh!t I have never been so stoked about an idea in my whole dam life. They can bring all of their pit bulls too.
Black Cat

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Where would one go to get an Animal Control in this city up and running? Every time I've ever had a problem with a stray dog I call animal control and they never show up. The Cape is now big enough for their own division.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

jrt11 wrote:
<quoted text>
No wait, I have a better idea...Let's build multi-family public housing units on every block so that we may house the homeless and the welfare-lifer's of the world. That way, they can be our burden FOREVER! Holy sh!t I have never been so stoked about an idea in my whole dam life. They can bring all of their pit bulls too.
H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P..I havenít seen you in a year.
Looking Out

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

yernogoood- wrote:
<quoted text>What does this even mean? Itís the homelessí fault theyíre homeless.
How So?

“Everyone knows that!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Looking Out wrote:
<quoted text> How So?
Spamming has gotten old hasnít it? Especially when I just ALL your posts deleted. Itís starting to seem like a waste of time isnít it?
Looking Out

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

_yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Spamming has gotten old hasnít it? Especially when I just ALL your posts deleted. Itís starting to seem like a waste of time isnít it?
Lets see, you make the statement that homeless people are responcible for the situation. When asked to provide facts, you come back with a non sequitur responce. So who is the spamming troll looking for a fight?
Doug Cape Coral

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Sure they'll cut back on Police, fire fighters and EMT officers, but consider building a fully staffed, $1,000,000.00+ facility for stray animals when Lee County already has one in place.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Doug Cape Coral wrote:
Sure they'll cut back on Police, fire fighters and EMT officers, but consider building a fully staffed,$1,000,000.00+ facility for stray animals when Lee County already has one in place.
Isn't that just so Cape Coral?
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

yernogoood- wrote:
Chickens.....my neighbors have chickens running aroudn their yard and in their house. When did this become alright?
It was never wrong. Once again try learning your city regs before putting your foot in your mouth. Lord!

“Everyone knows that!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Hey look, if you filthy animals want to have chickens and rats and raccoons and seagulls and whatever else you type of people eat running all around your hut and yard have at it. I just donít want you living by me. Hahhaha..as if right?
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

_yernogood- wrote:
you type of people
Who are "you type of people"?

“Everyone knows that!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Code compliance...doesn't that sound like a term used to those posters that are so angry they regularly see a psychiatrist?
Those type of people are of no value to society and should be dematerialized.
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

_yernogood- wrote:
Code compliance...doesn't that sound like a term used to those posters that are so angry they regularly see a psychiatrist?
Only to someone like you who needs to see one.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

There are plenty of animals out there that need controlling. The punk gangs, the illegals, the filthy pigs, the city council, that big fat disgusting mayorÖ
Ron Jon

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Ron Jon wrote:
<quoted text> Who are "you type of people"?
Waiting on an answer pal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••