Holden stands firm amid fallout

Holden stands firm amid fallout

There are 13 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Nov 6, 2010, titled Holden stands firm amid fallout. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Add state Sen. Dave Argall to the growing list of Republicans who tried - and failed - to remove Tim Holden from his 17th Congressional District seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

what

Lancaster, PA

#1 Nov 6, 2010
So Lebanon County is filled with a bunch of moronic republican voters. Tell me something I didn't already know.

Lebanon County also voted to re-elect Pa. State Senator Mike Folmer.

Citizen Mike knowingly took an Unconstitutional taxpayer paycheck and still got another four years.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/20...
carl

Lebanon, PA

#2 Nov 6, 2010
hmm i see you didnt blow your brains out over this folmer issue yet...
Morbius

Myerstown, PA

#3 Nov 6, 2010
Can't agree with Sterns.

Holden won because the GOP establishment didn't bother to get behind their candidate.
JumpstopJ

Carlisle, PA

#4 Nov 7, 2010
Give it up Sterns - had the shoe been on the other foot, you would have been disavowing "buying" his re-election.

You're a sore loser!
The Real Reason

Lebanon, PA

#5 Nov 7, 2010
Was the 2005 ray raise. What do they say....Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice.....
Really

Lebanon, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2010
what wrote:
So Lebanon County is filled with a bunch of moronic republican voters. Tell me something I didn't already know.
Lebanon County also voted to re-elect Pa. State Senator Mike Folmer.
Citizen Mike knowingly took an Unconstitutional taxpayer paycheck and still got another four years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vPJo_IwB5OcXX
C'mon....what choice was there....Jo Ellen Ditz???
Straight Shooter

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2010
Give it up "Really", isn't it obvious by now that "what" is brain-damaged?
what

Lancaster, PA

#8 Nov 7, 2010
When do we start hearing the words Government Transparency come out of any republican politicians mouth ?

The words seem to be a banned in the new republican party since election day.
what

Lancaster, PA

#9 Nov 7, 2010
Straight Shooter wrote:

Lawmakers reached on Tuesday who confirmed they are taking paychecks were Sen. Mike Folmer, R-Lebanon County, and Rep. Eugene DePasquale, D-York. Other midstate legislators could not be reached Tuesday

what

Lancaster, PA

#10 Nov 7, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon....what choice was there....Jo Ellen Ditz???
You read the article in Pennlive and tell me.

Swanger and Gingrich made a choice. NO UNCONSTITUTIONAL PAYCHECK FOR US !!!

Several, including Delozier, Helm, Grell, Gingrich and Swanger, indicated at the time that it was their intent to hold off taking a paycheck until the budget was finalized.

Mike Folmer made the choice to disregard his oath to the Pa. State Constitution and take his UNCONSTITUTIONAL TAXPAYER PAYCHECK.

Lawmakers reached on Tuesday who confirmed they are taking paychecks were Sen. Mike Folmer, R-Lebanon County, and Rep. Eugene DePasquale, D-York. Other midstate legislators could not be reached Tuesday.

Love the guy or hate him. He's a political hypocrite that uses the Constitution as a fundraising or political tool against others. The man sure as heii doesn't abide by it.
what

Lancaster, PA

#11 Nov 7, 2010
Straight Shooter wrote:
Don't waste your time attacking me, it's a waste of time. Stand up and defend Pa. State Senator Mike Folmer's dignity and truthfulnes with State Constitutional facts.
what

Lancaster, PA

#12 Nov 7, 2010
carl wrote:
hmm i see you didnt blow your brains out over this folmer issue yet...
I just got another four years. Didn't you hear ?

Lawmakers reached on Tuesday who confirmed they are taking paychecks were Sen. Mike Folmer, R-Lebanon County, and Rep. Eugene DePasquale, D-York. Other midstate legislators could not be reached Tuesday.

How does a sitting lawmaker that teaches Constitutional classes to others citizens take a taxpayer paycheck without a current state spending budget in place ?

I still can't believe Folmer took a paycheck over the integrity of his office. This is far worse then voting yourself a legal pay raise in the middle on the night.
carl

Lebanon, PA

#13 Nov 7, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got another four years. Didn't you hear ?
How does a sitting lawmaker that teaches Constitutional classes to others citizens take a taxpayer paycheck without a current state spending budget in place ?
I still can't believe Folmer took a paycheck over the integrity of his office. This is far worse then voting yourself a legal pay raise in the middle on the night.
well believe it and give us a break you are a boring and broken record.. give it a rest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brian Hendricks of Lebanon charged with fraud, ... (Jul '13) Jun '16 Woodpecker 8
News Photos: Volunteers help retire graveside flags (Nov '15) Nov '15 COMMUNITY POLICING 1
News Election 2015: Townships: West Cornwall incumbe... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jason 1
News Elizabeth Judd to challenge David Arnold for Le... (Jan '13) May '15 anonamos 9
News Traditional marriage advocate Brain Brown to sp... (May '15) May '15 Larry G 1
News Lebanon pawn shop owner changed with sale of st... (Apr '15) Apr '15 LonelyLovelyLady 1
District, others file to intervene in state tak... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Slatomb 1
More from around the web