Judge tees off on Christmas-morning r...

Judge tees off on Christmas-morning rioter

There are 33 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Dec 29, 2010, titled Judge tees off on Christmas-morning rioter. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Decrying a growing trend to disrespect police and authority figures, a Lebanon County judge on Wednesday sentenced a city man for offenses related to a Christmas morning disturbance a year ago that police called a riot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JUST ME

Huntingdon, PA

#22 Dec 30, 2010
nonabel wrote:
<quoted text>Like the Lebanon cop that was pulling people over left and right because they did'nt come to a complete stop for 3 seconds at 8th and reinold on Christmas day. Merry Christmas here's your ticket.
Follow the law and you won't get ticketed. Stop moaning.....Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.......

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

#23 Dec 30, 2010
JUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple CLOSE THE BORDERS..........
Close the borders? This family is Puerto Rican. Puerto Rico is a part of the United States. What border is there to close, you FOOL? The problem is deeper than that. There's trash in every single race, including your own - as evidenced by your IGNORANCE.

“Tito”

Lebanon, PA

#24 Dec 30, 2010
jbird wrote:
the sad thing is they all are on welfare(no job),probably a sec.8 apt.get 300-400 in food stamps per month, pay 50 dollars for their electric.what is wrong with our society? how to we help the people that need it without these leeches taking advantage of OUR tax dollars? the best solution i heard was to random drug test all people on welfare . you fail the test your on your own...get a friggin job!!
That's a whole lot of assumptions that you're making - and I'm not sure what you're basing them on, but I do agree that the Welfare system is in need of reform. I think that it should be stricter and you should have to be an upstanding citizen in order to benefit from any kind of government aid. It is not, however, always a solution to make assumptions about people. How do you know that any of these scenarios apply to this family? Do you know them personally?
lev

United States

#25 Dec 30, 2010
monthly illegal drug test for all on welfare
lev

United States

#26 Dec 30, 2010
you fail the test your off welfare
just the facts

Jersey City, NJ

#27 Dec 30, 2010
to bad the cops just dodnt shoot the POS
not suprised

Lebanon, PA

#28 Dec 30, 2010
Tvaldes wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a whole lot of assumptions that you're making - and I'm not sure what you're basing them on, but I do agree that the Welfare system is in need of reform. I think that it should be stricter and you should have to be an upstanding citizen in order to benefit from any kind of government aid. It is not, however, always a solution to make assumptions about people. How do you know that any of these scenarios apply to this family? Do you know them personally?
I know of some of them and they're NOT deserving of anything BUT punishment....more of Lebanons finest.

“Tito”

Lebanon, PA

#29 Dec 30, 2010
not suprised wrote:
<quoted text>I know of some of them and they're NOT deserving of anything BUT punishment....more of Lebanons finest.
That doesn't answer my question at all. I'm not asking if they're upstanding citizens. My question was whether there is proof that they are on Welfare. I know Adriana too - we went to school together, but I don't know if she's a recipient of government aid.
Brainiac

Huntingdon, PA

#30 Jan 3, 2011
Tvaldes wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer my question at all. I'm not asking if they're upstanding citizens. My question was whether there is proof that they are on Welfare. I know Adriana too - we went to school together, but I don't know if she's a recipient of government aid.
The odds are she is...with multiple babies.....

“Tito”

Lebanon, PA

#31 Jan 4, 2011
Brainiac wrote:
<quoted text>
The odds are she is...with multiple babies.....
She has two beautiful children. I'm aware of this. My mother also had two children and we didn't and do not depend on the government. How is that a better answer to my question?
Brainiac

Huntingdon, PA

#32 Jan 5, 2011
Didn't say it was a better answer now did I? Stop reading what you want to read and read what I wrote...I said "The odds are she is...with multiple babies..." Just stating the odds......
folmer strikes again

Manheim, PA

#33 Jan 5, 2011
The lack of respect people today display to police and people in authority is frightening," the judge said.

I wonder where this lack of respect towards police officers could ever be coming from ?

How about your sitting Pa. State Senator Mike Folmer ?

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/CSM/2011...

Who does Seantor Mike Folmer blame for his new legislation ? Not the local District Magistrates that upholds the every vehicle code violations in their courtrooms.

Pa. State Senator Mike Folmer blames law enforcement personnel who have been overly rigorous in applying current law.

It didn't take long to find someone out disrepecting our police officers. Pa. Senator Mike Folmer.

“Tito”

Lebanon, PA

#34 Jan 5, 2011
Brainiac wrote:
Didn't say it was a better answer now did I? Stop reading what you want to read and read what I wrote...I said "The odds are she is...with multiple babies..." Just stating the odds......
There are several individuals on this forum asserting the position that she relies on the government to get by. My question is still what proof is there to support that claim? You have not provided proof. I don't care about the odds. That's subjective. She has two kids, in the same way that my mother did. My mother didn't depend on the government. She worked for a living, and taught us how to be independent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brian Hendricks of Lebanon charged with fraud, ... (Jul '13) Jun '16 Woodpecker 8
News Photos: Volunteers help retire graveside flags (Nov '15) Nov '15 COMMUNITY POLICING 1
News Election 2015: Townships: West Cornwall incumbe... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jason 1
News Elizabeth Judd to challenge David Arnold for Le... (Jan '13) May '15 anonamos 9
News Traditional marriage advocate Brain Brown to sp... (May '15) May '15 Larry G 1
News Lebanon pawn shop owner changed with sale of st... (Apr '15) Apr '15 LonelyLovelyLady 1
District, others file to intervene in state tak... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Slatomb 1
More from around the web