Judge tees off on Christmas-morning rioter

Full story: Lebanon Daily News

Decrying a growing trend to disrespect police and authority figures, a Lebanon County judge on Wednesday sentenced a city man for offenses related to a Christmas morning disturbance a year ago that police called a riot.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southern Transplant

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Les, disrespect is not a verb. Your first sentence should have been "Decrying a growing trend to be disrespectful to police and authority figures..." I realize current society uses disrespect as a verb, but I do not believe it is one.
Thomas Paine

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Just send them back to where the came from, the Bronx and Brooklyn
Property Owner

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Maribel Colon is a piece of trash! Witnessed that first hand. I wish they would lock her up for good, the city of Lebanon would be better off.
Mister Grammar

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Southern Transplant wrote:
Les, disrespect is not a verb. Your first sentence should have been "Decrying a growing trend to be disrespectful to police and authority figures..." I realize current society uses disrespect as a verb, but I do not believe it is one.
Webster's disagrees.
"Office" and "money" are not verbs, and people who use them as such are pretentious, ignorant prigs. But "disrespect" is a perfectly good verb, although I don't think think too much of its derivative "dis."
Mister Grammar

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Just once I don't think.
Okay

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

"He also ordered the man to apologize in writing to police."

That will teach him!
Okay

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Mister Grammar wrote:
<quoted text>
"... although I don't think think too much of its derivative "dis."
You are criticizing someone criticizing poor grammar?
citizen

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

The reason most people disrespect police is the way they handle themselves. Most of act like they are better than every one else like they are some supreme being and we all should bow down to their authority. Show some respect if you want it in return. Don't act like some God like authority. Half of them act like they have a chip on their shoulder.
Mister Grammar

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are criticizing someone criticizing poor grammar?
No. I was definitely not criticizing. I was discussing a fine point. And in the subsequent post, I acknowledged the typographical error.
Randy

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

3 things I'd like to say;
First, disrespect certainly is a verb, check it out for yourself:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disres...

Second, a written apology is nothing more than a signed confession that will stay in his criminal file forever.

Third, I didn't know that the Lebanon police went back to revolvers, I thought they carried semi-auto pistols.

Funky Tut

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Is 'revelers' a new euphemism for 'scumbags from NYC'?
sam

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

6 months boy you sure taught him a lesson they all should have gotten at least 5 years each!!!
nonabel

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

citizen wrote:
The reason most people disrespect police is the way they handle themselves. Most of act like they are better than every one else like they are some supreme being and we all should bow down to their authority. Show some respect if you want it in return. Don't act like some God like authority. Half of them act like they have a chip on their shoulder.
Like the Lebanon cop that was pulling people over left and right because they did'nt come to a complete stop for 3 seconds at 8th and reinold on Christmas day. Merry Christmas here's your ticket.
jbird

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

the sad thing is they all are on welfare(no job),probably a sec.8 apt.get 300-400 in food stamps per month, pay 50 dollars for their electric.what is wrong with our society? how to we help the people that need it without these leeches taking advantage of OUR tax dollars? the best solution i heard was to random drug test all people on welfare . you fail the test your on your own...get a friggin job!!
WowZorz

Hershey, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

nonabel wrote:
<quoted text>Like the Lebanon cop that was pulling people over left and right because they did'nt come to a complete stop for 3 seconds at 8th and reinold on Christmas day. Merry Christmas here's your ticket.
No that is called a traffic violation. People who don't completely stop cause accidents. Kudos to that officer. I'm tired of people who pull a "rolling stop" at these stop signs.
oh yea

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

citizen wrote:
You have some real authority issue's that need to be dealt with. It probably stems from your childhood upbringing and lack of trustworthy authority figures in your life.

Get some help before you become a drag on the rest of society.
stupid

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

nonabel wrote:
<quoted text>Like the Lebanon cop that was pulling people over left and right because they did'nt come to a complete stop for 3 seconds at 8th and reinold on Christmas day. Merry Christmas here's your ticket.
Police officers are just suppose to stop enforcing certain laws that you personally don't like around Christmas ?

Don't do the crime it you can't pay the fine.
ignorant people

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Mister Grammar wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I was definitely not criticizing. I was discussing a fine point. And in the subsequent post, I acknowledged the typographical error.
When you refer to someone as a pretentious, ignorant prig, your attacking them personally and not just correcting their grammar.

Nice try.
Pedro

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Okay wrote:
"He also ordered the man to apologize in writing to police."
That will teach him!
" Me so sorry Se~or Policeman, In my country this is Ok. Now can you show way to welfare office?" You call it Riot, we call it Parranda!

Dumb cops made me dump a Spanish drink that was clearly labeled NON-ALCOHOLIC I even showed it to them IT was written IN ENGLISH! He said I had to dump it because it looked like a beer, what a bunch of Backward Hicks!

Gooooooooo Lebanon!
JUST ME

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

jbird wrote:
the sad thing is they all are on welfare(no job),probably a sec.8 apt.get 300-400 in food stamps per month, pay 50 dollars for their electric.what is wrong with our society? how to we help the people that need it without these leeches taking advantage of OUR tax dollars? the best solution i heard was to random drug test all people on welfare . you fail the test your on your own...get a friggin job!!
The answer is simple CLOSE THE BORDERS..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••