County bumps up row-office paychecks

County bumps up row-office paychecks

There are 18 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Nov 8, 2010, titled County bumps up row-office paychecks. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

The Lebanon County commissioners and officers in five other county row offices will see 2 A1 2 percent pay raises in each of their next four-year terms beginning in 2012, the commissioners decided Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

JumpstopJ

Mifflin, PA

#1 Nov 9, 2010
Way to go, Little Billy C & Larry the Lightbulb! In a difficult economy, make sure you vote yourself a raise, little as it is.

Wouldn't want to cheat yourself!
Sorry

Lebanon, PA

#2 Nov 9, 2010
Now's the time to tighten your belt or at least hold the line, not award salary increases - especially for elected officials. You are public servants, not kings. Look at the median household income in Lebanon County -$27,259. How can you, as public SERVANTS, be so grossly overpaid?? And that doesn't even include "benefits". Poor judgement on the Commissioner's part. And now you're raising my taxes!
Annie

New Castle, DE

#3 Nov 9, 2010
This has never made sense to me...by local, county, state, of federal government...to vote themselves a raise! Unbelievable! This is totally bizare to think with today's economy and with raising taxes to make ends meet...they vote themselves a raise. Lebanon County Commissioners you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Handski

Culpeper, VA

#4 Nov 9, 2010
At least it wasn't done in the middle of the night.
cuts

Lancaster, PA

#5 Nov 9, 2010
You have to be kidding me. Stohler and Carpenter passed a Lebanon County balanced budget that took a million dollar bank loan to call it balanced and their still handing out taxpayer raises.

Our children and grandchildren will have to pay for Stohler and Carpenter's bank loan balanced budget ponzi scheme for the next 50 years.
what

Lancaster, PA

#6 Nov 9, 2010
If Carpenter and Stohler were Democrat's you people would be out to impeach them both.

I blame the entire Republican voting base in Lebanon County. You idiots continue to put these Republican big spenders into office.

Can you say Republican hypocrites living in Lebanon County ?
what

Lancaster, PA

#7 Nov 9, 2010
JumpstopJ wrote:
Way to go, Little Billy C & Larry the Lightbulb! In a difficult economy, make sure you vote yourself a raise, little as it is.
Wouldn't want to cheat yourself!
You do realize Stohler and Carpenter used a local bank loan to balance last years county budget ?

What tens years of loan payment debt on our children and grandchildrens backs everytime these two Republicans pass a so called Republican balanced budget.

How much longer is this Stohler-Carpenter bank loan balanced budget ponzi scheme going to continue ?
fire them

Lancaster, PA

#8 Nov 9, 2010
We obviously need to fire Stohler and Carpenter and stop giving politicians the opportunity to vote themselves pay raises.

Why don't "We the People " get the opportunity to vote for or against pay raises for Lebanon County Commissioners every two years in the voting booth ?
Really

Reinholds, PA

#9 Nov 9, 2010
At the same time they are handing out 10% budget reductions to every single county department. Way to hurt with your team.
Really

Reinholds, PA

#10 Nov 9, 2010
Isn't it ironic that the single person on that board espousing personal austerity is the only Democrat, Litz?
Crap

Lebanon, PA

#11 Nov 9, 2010
Wow a democrat speaking in support of fiscal responsibility while the republicans vote for to give these individuals a raise??? I can't believe it! From what I was hearing on the news the last few months i thought it was supposed to be the other way around? Just more hypocrisy from the right.
general

Lancaster, PA

#12 Nov 9, 2010
This could haunt Stohler at election time.
resident

Hershey, PA

#13 Nov 9, 2010
Get these worthless smurfs out and on the unemployment line where they belong! Stohler and Carpenter are the most ignorant people I have ever seen.
We The People

Lebanon, PA

#14 Nov 9, 2010
All elected official pay raises should be put on a referendum. The people should let them know if they deserve it. City employees and admin are looking to take a pay freeze. County could be eliminating positions so they can have a pay raise???
City Resident

Lebanon, PA

#15 Nov 10, 2010
And did ya'll realize the job of County Commissioner is only PART TIME?? So these guys are getting paid for a part time job more than I am working 40+ hours a week. It's really sick! And they want to raise our property taxes on top of it too! I think we need all new commissioners... ones who are willing to decrease their salary to the level of most part time jobs.
nonabel

Lebanon, PA

#16 Nov 11, 2010
Whats that about 39 to 43 dollars and hour plus bennies working part time not bad Larry. I hope all you gray hairs remember that at election time. Thats right most of the voters in lebanon are so old they can't remember one day to the next.
taxpayer

Lancaster, PA

#17 Nov 11, 2010
IDIOTS!!!!! Weren't they paying attention on Nov. 2nd?
thank you

Lancaster, PA

#18 Nov 12, 2010
what negotiations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brian Hendricks of Lebanon charged with fraud, ... (Jul '13) Jun 8 Woodpecker 8
News Photos: Volunteers help retire graveside flags (Nov '15) Nov '15 COMMUNITY POLICING 1
News Election 2015: Townships: West Cornwall incumbe... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jason 1
News Elizabeth Judd to challenge David Arnold for Le... (Jan '13) May '15 anonamos 9
News Traditional marriage advocate Brain Brown to sp... (May '15) May '15 Larry G 1
News Lebanon pawn shop owner changed with sale of st... (Apr '15) Apr '15 LonelyLovelyLady 1
District, others file to intervene in state tak... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Slatomb 1
More from around the web