Judge to rule on Edens motions

Judge to rule on Edens motions

There are 18 comments on the Ironton Tribune story from Dec 23, 2011, titled Judge to rule on Edens motions. In it, Ironton Tribune reports that:

Lawrence County Common Pleas Judge D. Scott Bowling said he will rule soon on four motions that have been filed by attorneys for Charles Edens, the Huntington, W.Va., man accused in connection with a fatal shooting this summer in Ironton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ironton Tribune.

welllllllllll

Ashland, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2011
SELF DEFENCE EDENS INNOCENT OF MURDER CARTERS ARE GUILTY TRUE FACT
Butch

Proctorville, OH

#2 Dec 23, 2011
welllllllllll wrote:
SELF DEFENCE EDENS INNOCENT OF MURDER CARTERS ARE GUILTY TRUE FACT
I don't know what happened or who shot who. I do know that the picture of the guy charged with the murder looks like a punk that needs his butt whipped. Just sayin.
Mee

Ashland, KY

#3 Dec 23, 2011
He's still facing two counts of murder along with other charges.It wasn't self defense.
Self defense isn't five bullets into someone, it would just take one shot for self defense .maybe Aj wouldn't be dead,he would still be here.God love him.he'll get what he deserves.
fyi

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Dec 27, 2011
God Bless his soul but if he and his friends hadn't come up to the "guy" and pistol whipped him and then put a gun in his face and ask him if he was ready to die tonight, he would probably wouldn't be dead either.
Realtalk

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2011
Its crazy when ever somebody dies in itown everybody talks about how good a person they were. Its just like that Pringle guy. You cant go around being grimy and not expect Karma to get you. Dude was out here sellin fake pills and all that. Tell both sides the story
welllllllllll

Ashland, KY

#7 Dec 28, 2011
but the real reason aj is dead is not over fake pills the only dope that was involved was the dope curtis carter gave aj to get him in this state of mind. i mean hell i see one your my friend the next day ur going to shoot me?????????? something wrong thier
Mee

Ashland, KY

#8 Dec 29, 2011
fyi wrote:
God Bless his soul but if he and his friends hadn't come up to the "guy" and pistol whipped him and then put a gun in his face and ask him if he was ready to die tonight, he would probably wouldn't be dead either.
That pistol whipping bull is a bunch of crap
Mee

Ashland, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2011
The fact of the matter is ma boy is dead bc the idiot shot him 5freakin times..not self defense...he's guilty!
THEY CALL ME KING

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 1, 2012
he did pistol whip him and charles should fu8ck8in walk,let aj hit me in the face with a loaded gun,nd he didnt mean for all them bullets to come out like that ,it was a traggedy,they all were friends,nd it was bs,aj ,u are missed,charles,i hope god does u right bro,but if it was me that happend too,i woulda did it too
Mee

Ashland, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2012
Talk all ya flipping crap... The facts ain't never gonna change.whos 6 feet under?whos behind bars?what kinda friend shoots another ? It's pretty freakin clear to me.I love you A.J and iLl be here till the end baby.
fyi

Marion, OH

#12 Jan 3, 2012
the kind that has a gun thier face and having thier "friend" asking him if he was ready to die!! I am sure that if you were in that predictament. you wouldn't be talking all of this sh*t.You would be in jail or dead also. Charles did the right thing by choosing to live and nothing you or anybody can or will say will ever get me to believe anything but that.
Mee

Ashland, KY

#13 Jan 3, 2012
Believe what You want,you prolly just his dumba** slutty a**gf anyways if that's the case heard you was in on it too .
fyi

Wakefield, OH

#14 Jan 3, 2012
no,I am not his sweet GF Chandra,i just know more of the facts that you obviously don't.
Mee

Ashland, KY

#15 Jan 3, 2012
I kno the facts I'm his damn cousin I'm blood.If u can't face the facts ur obviously dumb n flipping stupid.
Mee

Ashland, KY

#16 Jan 3, 2012
How bout u just let it rest..face the facts and be done wit it.
He ain't gonna walk way from this but I respect him for turning himself in,prolly the smartest thing he's done.RIP baby boy I love u.
fyi

Laura, OH

#17 Jan 4, 2012
first smart thing was staying alive and I do agree that the next one was turning his self in. I wish things did not go down the way that it did, as a matter of fact, I wish nothing would have went down between these two.they were friends until someone else stepped in and got him(AJ) high. I have no animosity toward AJ or anyone else involved in this case. regardless if he does not get out or even if he walks.the fact remains that if AJ had not pulled a gun he would still be alive.
Listen

Marion, OH

#18 Jan 4, 2012
Free Charles! He saved his own life that night. The quick decision he made wasn't just for his self but his baby boy too. Get over it, u play w fire ur gonna get burned.
Mee

Ashland, KY

#20 Jan 4, 2012
fyi wrote:
first smart thing was staying alive and I do agree that the next one was turning his self in. I wish things did not go down the way that it did, as a matter of fact, I wish nothing would have went down between these two.they were friends until someone else stepped in and got him(AJ) high. I have no animosity toward AJ or anyone else involved in this case. regardless if he does not get out or even if he walks.the fact remains that if AJ had not pulled a gun he would still be alive.
I've been arguing this whole time knowing what really went down I just wanna believe it,I ve heard from other people including his lawyer if I may say he was carrying a weapon but let me state it was not loaded and had not been fired,he just needed a straighter path in life...If I would has just been there or even called more maybe he would've been with me that night n things wouldn't have went down the way they did...I'm sorry.
Loving you always,Rest in peace AJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
burnt Jan '18 burnt in flatwoods 1
skull found Jan '18 land bank scare t... 5
single (Aug '11) Nov '17 She is easy 3
Tammy Myers verses Symmes Valley Board of Educa... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Getyourfactsbefor... 2
Lost Beagle (Jun '16) Jun '16 GruesomeNewsome 1
Rainbow party or Rainbow people? (May '16) May '16 WOW 1
News Cleanup effort planned in Lawrence County, OH (Apr '12) May '16 Ammo 14