Ironton man gets eight years for drug...

Ironton man gets eight years for drug offenses

There are 61 comments on the Ironton Tribune story from Jan 12, 2012, titled Ironton man gets eight years for drug offenses. In it, Ironton Tribune reports that:

Franklin Norris, 50, of 1113 S. Fourth St., pleaded guilty to the seven-count aggravated trafficking in drugs indictment in November but at that time a pre-sentence investigation was ordered.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ironton Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WOW

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Jan 12, 2012
I agree, whole heartedly,drug dealers need to pay for their crime. Drugs are the root for most evel in today's society. This man put lives at risk by his actions. However, each party participated at their own free will. The reason I say that...is because he was sentenced to 8 years in prison for his crime, which involved people buying drugs from him on their own will. However, the article just above this article talks about a man convicted of sexual battery on a 12 year old girl...and he gets sentenced for 5 years! WOW! I'm not a genius on the law and how it works, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which of these crimes deserve harsher punishment!
Pissed off Citizen

Russell, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2012
I agree with you 100% but what gets me the most is this shitbag X-trooper and that nasty wife of his getting a slap on the wrist for all the charges they had on them. Why are the people of this county sitting back and watching all the corruption in our local goverment and law enforcement in Lawrence Co. Do they think we are stupid and don't see whats going on when 1 man has 10 charges on him and gets 4 years of prison and another has 30 and walks with only community service. Judge Cooper What was your reasoning with this. Please people remember this man at election time. Thak God this mans wife wasnt a cop or she would have walked to. Still only 4 years for 85 counts of trafficing was nothing when I have seen so many in the past getting 4 years for 5 to 35 counts. All I can say lets get rid of these scumbags down there in the court house the next time their up for election. Hell if they can't be fair they need to BURN IN HELL!
just saying

Ironton, OH

#3 Jan 12, 2012
Frank has recruited pushers for years and so who,s to say how many lives has he damaged or destroyed. He rented out dumps, owned alot. Had everthing he needed so why keep sending peaple to florida to help his wallet.some beleive he got off easy. Prably the families who are sufferring from the droppings he left behind. Some are dead. Alot in pison. A few still out there making his illegal money Today, tomarrow, etc.
ued
WOW wrote:
I agree, whole heartedly,drug dealers need to pay for their crime. Drugs are the root for most evel in today's society. This man put lives at risk by his actions. However, each party participated at their own free will. The reason I say that...is because he was sentenced to 8 years in prison for his crime, which involved people buying drugs from him on their own will. However, the article just above this article talks about a man convicted of sexual battery on a 12 year old girl...and he gets sentenced for 5 years! WOW! I'm not a genius on the law and how it works, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which of these crimes deserve harsher punishment!
Hmm

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2012
I completely agree with the first post! A child molester only got five year.....seriously?? That's wrong. Frank is a hard working man that lost track for just a little while and now he's back on te right path. He would do anything for anyone. Everytime I see that man he is working or doing something to help someone in need. I was with him recently he had barley enough money to get himself what he needs and he bought a family with little children food. He is all around an amazing person and if there's one person in Ironton that needs another chance it's him!
just saying

Ironton, OH

#5 Jan 12, 2012
He had alot of charges. Without his cash, they might have gave him max. I hope he has learnt from this. At his age theres still time. Doesnt mean a thing to those envolved. The damage is done.
Hmm wrote:
I completely agree with the first post! A child molester only got five year.....seriously?? That's wrong. Frank is a hard working man that lost track for just a little while and now he's back on te right path. He would do anything for anyone. Everytime I see that man he is working or doing something to help someone in need. I was with him recently he had barley enough money to get himself what he needs and he bought a family with little children food. He is all around an amazing person and if there's one person in Ironton that needs another chance it's himI totally agree a child molester should get life away from society. But everyone knows Frank has paid employees (junkies) to do his buisness. Put families with 3babies in a garage he called an apartment where the last tentant had mrsa and took their monthly check. If he went out for food for this family, God bless him. Karma says maybe too little too late. Keep it real!
funny

Lancaster, OH

#6 Jan 12, 2012
JB Collier calling Frank Norris one of the biggest drug dealers is the biggest joke of all. Collier is the biggest cocaine dealer in lawerence county. Everyone knows it. He will go down sooner or later. The Plantation will be no more. JB face it you are old and your party days have made your reputation a disaster. Going to be an lonely man.
Karma is a bitch. Lawless knows it and is afraid to do anything about it. State Trooper knows it when he let his girlfriend take the fall for dui. His days are numbered. Sooner or later he will not be able to work because of illness. Frank your family wishes you Godspeed.
just saying

Ironton, OH

#7 Jan 12, 2012
J.B.s name speaks for itself. I,m sure Franks family is distraut from this but frank did this to himself. He,s a grown man. Collier has a job to do. Making out to be ugly wont make nothing else any prettier. Besides, if J.B. was on coce he would probably smile now n again dont ya think. His job is stressful. I blstill say Frank got a huge break for keeping his drug dealng up so long. Other familys suffer and miss their friends and family too. Myself, i pray for All the addicts out there. Regret will eat them up alive
funny wrote:
JB Collier calling Frank Norris one of the biggest drug dealers is the biggest joke of all. Collier is the biggest cocaine dealer in lawerence county. Everyone knows it. He will go down sooner or later. The Plantation will be no more. JB face it you are old and your party days have made your reputation a disaster. Going to be an lonely man.
Karma is a bitch. Lawless knows it and is afraid to do anything about it. State Trooper knows it when he let his girlfriend take the fall for dui. His days are numbered. Sooner or later he will not be able to work because of illness. Frank your family wishes you Godspeed.
info

Flatwoods, KY

#9 Jan 12, 2012
*got to him
ironton

Ashland, KY

#10 Jan 13, 2012
Well it is sad that Frank had everything going for him now he is going to be locked up for a very long time, I dont think he realizes what he is in for at his age, just so sad he felt like he needed to do that when he was making a good living working. I feel really bad for his kids and grandkids and from what I hear he is going to be a dad again by the young girl he is seeing. Hopefully he will make it through this and wake up.
no way

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2012
I agree with people done and sold drugs with their own freewill. If it wasn't Frank helping them out it would have been someone else, and im sure alot of these addicts and dealers were doing this before Frank came along doing it. it's easier to point the finger and try to put the blame onto someone else. I find it downright appalling that a CHILD sex offender ONLY got FIVE years for MOLESTING a 12 year old child. Where I'm from drug offenses dont belong on the same page as a f*cking child molestor!!!!
Old Lady Who

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 13, 2012
Its Lawrence County justice at its best!People who deserve a break get the max,while friends of the prosecuter, lawyers and judges get a slap on the wrist. Its always been that way and shows no sign of changing. Sorry Frank,but the system that convicted you is more corrupt than you could ever be.I hope with all my might that karma will kick in very soon.
clueless

Ashland, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2012
you people are clueless.Anytime i ever pointed a finger at someone i had 3 pointing back at me!I seriously doubt that any of this is true!And when election time comes I'm going to vote for the people already in there.They are doing a great job getting these drugs off the street.I agree the child molester should have got more time.But i don't know all of the details on franks case,or the child molesters!I would have to look at both of the case files.
WOW

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Jan 13, 2012
At least there is hope Frank Norris can learn a hard lesson from his mistakes and lead a productive life. On the other hand, once a child molester....always a child molester. You can't fix that sickness!! There is scientific proof...you can cut off his hands, but his sick mind is there and he will prey on innocent children. None of us know all the details surrounding either case, but we all have enough common sense to know the punishments didn't match the crimes in these two cases.
SadbutTRUE

Russell, KY

#15 Jan 13, 2012
You can screw a 10 year old just don't sellem a pill! LOVE THIS COUNTY!
woo hoo

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 13, 2012
You must have been one of his best customers by the looks of your grammar skills.
just saying wrote:
Frank has recruited pushers for years and so who,s to say how many lives has he damaged or destroyed. He rented out dumps, owned alot. Had everthing he needed so why keep sending peaple to florida to help his wallet.some beleive he got off easy. Prably the families who are sufferring from the droppings he left behind. Some are dead. Alot in pison. A few still out there making his illegal money Today, tomarrow, etc.
ued<quoted text>
just wondering

Huntington, WV

#17 Jan 13, 2012
Where is the justice for the families of Josh Johnsons customers? He keeps his business running from his momma house one blockup, he is a lot bigger dealer than Frank ever was, he has been going to Flordia for a few years now, he buys these cars to make it look like that is his business, everyone knows this, so why hasnt anything been done?
Fnn

United States

#18 Jan 13, 2012
Great great man! Hope they realize soon they are giving a great man too long! He knows what he has done was wrong and by talking to him and watching him you can tell he's getting back to the guy everyone likes!
just saying

Ironton, OH

#19 Jan 13, 2012
Frank knocked a girl young girl up while feeding her opiates. Now she,s locked up, nocked up and this unborn child is already went thru it never the less what it,s health outcome will be for life. Isnt that a crime in itself. This unborn child filled with drugs is ScREWED so should they add 10years for that. Frank was once a decant man, maybe can be again.
SadbutTRUE wrote:
You can screw a 10 year old just don't sellem a pill! LOVE THIS COUNTY!
Haha

United States

#20 Jan 13, 2012
Just saying, obviously you know nothing. Myself and hopefully the rest of topix will let you find out for yourself. Frank is a great man! The only reason you wouldn't think that he is, is if you didn't truly know him. Yes he messed up but he has already learned from it and is going to be the good man he is.
info

Flatwoods, KY

#22 Jan 13, 2012
just saying wrote:
Frank knocked a girl young girl up while feeding her opiates. Now she,s locked up, nocked up and this unborn child is already went thru it never the less what it,s health outcome will be for life. Isnt that a crime in itself. This unborn child filled with drugs is ScREWED so should they add 10years for that. Frank was once a decant man, maybe can be again.<quoted text>
that young snatch will get em everytime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost Beagle (Jun '16) Jun '16 GruesomeNewsome 1
Rainbow party or Rainbow people? (May '16) May '16 WOW 1
News Cleanup effort planned in Lawrence County, OH (Apr '12) May '16 Ammo 14
News A Risky Choice (Jul '09) Dec '15 pudding time 3
ironton has no jobs (Nov '15) Nov '15 anuoymuos 1
News Topix becomes matter of concern for judicial sy... (Oct '12) Nov '15 ruger 17
Ramps (Apr '15) Oct '15 Barney 2
More from around the web