Shelters Open in Louisa, Ky... More T...

Shelters Open in Louisa, Ky... More Troops on Way... 12 Fatalities

There are 26 comments on the Huntington News story from Mar 3, 2012, titled Shelters Open in Louisa, Ky... More Troops on Way... 12 Fatalities. In it, Huntington News reports that:

Governor Steve Beshear has authorized a total of 275 National Guard Troops to assist Johnson, Laurel, Magoffin, Menifee and Morgan counties with storm-related damages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Huntington News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
praying

Louisa, KY

#22 Mar 4, 2012
for the most part the town of louisa was not hit it was more goin south toward paintsville was the part of lawrence that was hit hard on us 23 and also was bad in Martha,johnson co,martin co,and all down that area....nothing in fallsburg area.
geri

Richmond, KY

#23 Mar 5, 2012
Need Info wrote:
How about the Point Section? Anyone know? I have family in the area.
I live on the point,No damage :)
susan

United States

#24 Mar 5, 2012
sister Pinewood SC wrote:
Im wondering abaut Louisa ky up 1690 my sister Karen Maynard lives up there I also have a nephew Jason Cook and his family the last I hearthey had all roads blocked on 1690Please if anyone knows anything let me know
Hey KM,
I spoke with Karen and All. They are ok. They was so close. The good lord was sure looking out for them. We will not have electric for several more days. I really damaged are area pretty bad. Woooooooooooof Chapman was just devasting.
SAD

Louisa, KY

#25 Mar 6, 2012
i seen on news they said 2 got killed lawrence and 2 in johnson co. in all there was 19 or 21 was killed in KY with all the states was 39 killed.Prayers to all who lost someone in this storm....
From Frenchburg Area

West Liberty, KY

#26 Mar 7, 2012
wondering wrote:
Any damage in the Frenchburg area? My family has a cabin near the lake.
There was lots of damage in Menifee Co. The lake area came out OK this time. That area had some pretty extense hail damage, lots of broken window and siding so you might want to have someone check on your cabin for you. The closest area near the lake in Menifee hit by the tornado was on Whites Branch, off Dan Ridge. Lots of structures and trees flattened/damaged out that way. I think there were some tornado damaged areas off Igo Ridge too. These were the closest places near the lake that took severe damage. Everything else was up around the Pomeroyton and Tarr Ridge area. Hope this helps.
Xenetech

Dayton, OH

#27 Mar 8, 2012
How is Big Woods? 1 mile from Long Bow Marina close to the "Bull"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loved Ones Mourn Missing Laurel County Teen Fou... (Jul '16) Sep 15 Heather Morgan 22
looking for a good woman b Sep 5 JOE 1
ha ha Aug '17 Ooh WOW 3
lesbianˇoˇnage Aug '17 Minajatwa 2
i'm so horny Aug '17 Imwaiting 3
ha horny Aug '17 Probably have 12
don't you ever do that again Aug '17 Satan 1
More from around the web