Man texts best friend about planned s...

Man texts best friend about planned suicide, then shoots self in head

There are 12 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from May 9, 2011, titled Man texts best friend about planned suicide, then shoots self in head. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A Laurel County man sent his best friend a text message saying he planned to commit suicide, then shot himself in the right temple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

Just a Echo

Somerset, KY

#1 May 10, 2011
STILL SAD. still a cry for help,but the fact he waited til he knew they were there before he pulled that trigger means he did not want to die.Yes,he still could have,but if he had really wanted to be sure he died he would have shot the very minute he turned of the phone.don't take this the wrong way.i am glad he didn't do it till he did,and glad he will make it to get help if he needs it.
WTF

United States

#2 May 10, 2011
I don't feel the least bit bad for him.He selfish,childish but most of all stupid!
Angel

Hodgenville, KY

#3 May 10, 2011
Well I feel sad for you .Our holy bible tells us to have compassion .If we shared love and compassion and encouraged each other there would be no hopelessness !! I challenge everyone to try a little kindness .A little love .You can always find something good to say and let me tell you the truth ,it absolutely comes back to you .You never know when you may be the one in need ,the one whos hope is gone and believe me when it happens to us its the worse thing that can happen cause cause we FEEL it .So feel for your brother or sister or neighbor .Lend a helping hand .Share a kind or encouraging word .It truly makes a difference .Gods word tell us how to live our lives but we think all power and control is in our hands .Dont you know all of us are at the mercy of our Lord ? We reap what we sow .Sow love .Its a better way .There would be no poor no hopeless if people would stop being so self absorbed ,ego centered all about themselves ! I love people and that comes from God .You are all beautiful in some way and we can help each other be better .I pray for this world to know that the kingdom of God is at hand !!! Here right now .He sees all and knows our hearts people .We cant hide anything from our creator .Suicide is from Satan ! It took my natural fathers life and it will continue to take more if we dont excercise our authority in Christ Jesus .Pray for one another and bind these foul spirits in the name of Jesus and command them to leave .If we live holy lives ,and have true love for each other we d be reaching out to a hurting world .I call you depressed people everywhere ....I tell you the truth happiness is a choice .You are worthwhile ! You do not have to give up Jesus Christ loves you and wants a relationship w you .Hes your bestfriend .His word can not lie !! It will tell you what to do just read it and see for youself .God doesnt walk w me ,he carries me ! And he will you too .Be kind ,love and most of all love the LOrd Jesus Christ .He has good things in store for those who love him !! God bless you London KY !!!
Just a Echo

Mount Vernon, KY

#4 May 10, 2011
Very good and kind.My mom always says if she could just talk with a person a few minutes she could change their mind.But myself i doubt it,by the time they reach that stage they aren't gonna listen,sad.
idid

East Bernstadt, KY

#5 May 11, 2011
The only peace I have ever felt in my life was when I made the decision to take my life. It was like all the pain was gone, I was actually happy. I was only 10 years old. I decided as soon as I wake up, I am going to go down to the railroad tracks and sit with my back to the way the train runs and let it run me over. I woke up, everyone was still in bed. Someone was on the couch so I snuck through the kitchen and out the door. I didnt even take time to put my shoes on. The grass was wet because of the dew but this was in July. I made it to the tracks and waited for hours. The sun was baking me and I decided the train wasn't going to run and made my way back home. My mom wanted to know where I had been so I blurted it out. She calmly says, you ignorant ass today is Sunday, if you had done this yesterday you could have been with the devil where you belong. I told her I was going to heaven and she explained if you kill yourself you go to hell. I still have thoughts of suicide many decades later but have never acted on them because I am a Christian. I have never shared this with anyone but felt safe here because this is anonymous.
willie

Greenbrier, AR

#6 May 11, 2011
I too have thought it several times in my life but to overcome the thoughts or urge I think of those that do care for me and how it would effect their lives and then the thought leaves my mind. You have to put others ahead of your own "greed", if that would be a proper term, the greed to take an easy way out. It is the loved ones that you leave behind that would suffer the most. I too believe this person is calling out for help or he would not have acted as he did. I pray he finds the help he needs if he recovers from this injury.
truth

United States

#7 May 11, 2011
Committing suicide doesn't mean your going to hell. It is a very hurt person trying to find an answer wrong answer but never th less the bible doesn't say anything about if u do that u will be in hell. I believe trully our Lord has compassion on those poor people
idid

London, KY

#8 May 11, 2011
truth wrote:
Committing suicide doesn't mean your going to hell. It is a very hurt person trying to find an answer wrong answer but never th less the bible doesn't say anything about if u do that u will be in hell. I believe trully our Lord has compassion on those poor people
Truth, do you go to church? You really need to have this discussion with your pastor. Any pastor you talk to will tell you that you will go to hell if you commit suicide.
Simple fact

Doniphan, MO

#9 May 12, 2011
A pastor who has not studied his faith will tell you this since has become a common tenant of the faith. It is said no where in the Bible, Old or New Testament. It comes from a old pre-Christian Jewish cultural belief that suicide was something only a bad person would do so thusly they were going to Hell, that no good person wanted to kill themselves. It is 100% a fallacy of logic but sadly something most people repeat as dogma. And before you say something negative I have researched it, read the Bible cover to cover and discussed this in depth with a preacher.
truth

United States

#10 May 12, 2011
Thank you simple fact. And as for I did yes I attend church and I do not believe in putting all the creeds and extra mumbo jumbo in it. Christ didn't tell us this. Or that we had to say this or to be a good little christian we have to do this like this denomination or that one. Im non denominational and I believe I have the true revelation for my say.
Simple fact

Doniphan, MO

#11 May 12, 2011
Anytime. Personly I find the true peace and beauty of my faith in my ability to question it and understand where certain dogmatic beliefs come from. Faith is wonderful, unquestioning blind faith is a disaster waiting to happen. All you have to do is look at any cult where people blindly followed some leader who claimed a divine right. Waco, Jonestown, even the Manson Family or that crazy group out of Kansas are all great examples.
Question

London, KY

#12 May 27, 2012
On this Memorial weekend, my heart is heavy for those individuals who perished from Suicide this year.

Does Anyone know how this Officer is that attempted suicide but God shielded him.

Would like a sincere update.

Thanks and God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
red (Apr '17) 19 hr everybody knows RED 4
News Loved Ones Mourn Missing Laurel County Teen Fou... (Jul '16) Dec 1 Pissoff 25
Roller skating rink in Farriston Nov 25 Roller Rink in Fa... 1
Corruption in Laurel county Kentucky ????? Nov 24 False charges 1
The coward Nov 19 levelland 2
paparazzi jewelry Nov 16 store owner 8
April Boggs Banks Nov '17 Be kind 2
More from around the web