City of London receives a good audit

City of London receives a good audit

There are 12 comments on the The Sentinel-Echo story from Dec 6, 2012, titled City of London receives a good audit. In it, The Sentinel-Echo reports that:

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. - udit for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2012. There were only two problems listed in the report which was done by Robert Abner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel-Echo.

County Tax Payer

Winchester, KY

#2 Dec 10, 2012
The London-Laurel County Rescue Squad received a grant for $37,000 from Homeland Security for a sonar camera to help find bodies in lakes. The council voted to bid out to three companies who make this kind of camera. I would like to know , why is the city council getting involved in the Laurel County Rescue Squads Buisness. We the people in Laurel County that don't live in the city has no control who gets voted in the City Council, so the City Council should not have control over The County Rescue Squad. Are they now part of the City Fire Department? If so then Laurel County Fiscal Court needs to stop giving them money, and let the Laurel County Fire Department do county rescue .
County Tax Payer

Winchester, KY

#3 Dec 10, 2012
One more thing, There are two Lakes in the County, and none in the city ...!!!!!
Duh

London, KY

#4 Dec 10, 2012
You answered yourself with first few words London-Laurel Co. Rescue Squad hence the word London meaning City and County well for the County.
County Tax Payer

Winchester, KY

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Duh wrote:
You answered yourself with first few words London-Laurel Co. Rescue Squad hence the word London meaning City and County well for the County.
you'er right.
Steve

London, KY

#6 Dec 14, 2012
County Tax Payer wrote:
The London-Laurel County Rescue Squad received a grant for $37,000 from Homeland Security for a sonar camera to help find bodies in lakes. The council voted to bid out to three companies who make this kind of camera. I would like to know , why is the city council getting involved in the Laurel County Rescue Squads Buisness. We the people in Laurel County that don't live in the city has no control who gets voted in the City Council, so the City Council should not have control over The County Rescue Squad. Are they now part of the City Fire Department? If so then Laurel County Fiscal Court needs to stop giving them money, and let the Laurel County Fire Department do county rescue .
Yes why does the city council have their nose in the countys business. It only proves one thing. Figure it out. Its very obvious.
Duh

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Yes why does the city council have their nose in the countys business. It only proves one thing. Figure it out. Its very obvious.
You do not read much do you, scroll up and think before you post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Yeahright

Bolivar, MO

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>You do not read much do you, scroll up and think before you post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I too have to aggree the city council has their nose and hand in every pocket in laurel co if they can. Show and proves they control every issue in laurel co.
What

Tucker, GA

#9 Dec 17, 2012
County Tax Payer wrote:
you said yourself its the "London-laurel rescue squad" and it IS located in City limits,correct?! That is why they are involved.
What

Tucker, GA

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Yeahright wrote:
<quoted text>I too have to aggree the city council has their nose and hand in every pocket in laurel co if they can. Show and proves they control every issue in laurel co.
if they had their hands & noses in every pocket they wouldn't have received a good audit now would they?
where

Bolivar, MO

#11 Dec 18, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> if they had their hands & noses in every pocket they wouldn't have received a good audit now would they?
That has nothing to do with a good Audit. Its still a known fact that they are for their family and their familys pocket in the city. The ones on the council could care less about the common citizen around here.
Jo Jo Peterlicker

London, KY

#12 Dec 19, 2012
County Tax Payer wrote:
Cooked the books.crooks everywhere.
JaniceB

Bolivar, MO

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Jo Jo Peterlicker wrote:
<quoted text>Cooked the books.crooks everywhere.
That is sure the truth about London and the city if it was ever told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orgy in Laurel County (Oct '16) Mon Wondering 3
My accomplice in the worlds greatest stalking s... Mon Taylor Swift 1
ha ha Mon FBI CIA confirms 1
DJ louweeLee Jun 25 John Doe 1
Community Theater Jun 24 Curious Kitty 1
Laurel County Music Thread (Jul '13) Jun 23 Musikologist 10
Facebook stalking victim Jun 22 DJ louweeLee 1
More from around the web