Justice? In Meridian Mississippi?
Posted in the Lauderdale County Forum
#1 Oct 9, 2011
October 7, 2011
Mayor Cheri Barry
2412 Seventh Street
Meridian, MS 39301
Dear Mayor Barry:
We are pleased that the Lauderdale County Board of Supervisors has resolved our tax-exemption question regarding our church-owned property at 518 41st Avenue. But we have some concerns about that property (and our persons) regarding the actions of the previous City Administration and the current City Administration.
We would like to consider doing over the building at 518 41st Avenue, but feel it would be imprudent to waste God’s money, knowing that the previous and present City Administrations have done nothing valid or relevant regarding the actual event of the arson on that property (which was a hate crime against us), and actually from the time of the circle burning to the present have participated in the cover-up. This short letter contains an extremely small overview of some critically important issues which must be addressed by you—you’re the Mayor.(More details will follow in a subsequent transmittal.) Yes, you’re the Mayor, and until these matters are resolved, we do not feel safe to move forward. The following questions must be answered, by you—you’re the Mayor:
• Why, to this day, has there been no proper investigation by the police of the arson against our church and the cover-up of same? You’re the Mayor; these people work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why were the situations regarding Meridian Police Detective Havard’s “criminal police work”(Words of Lt. Harper of the Meridian Police Department in describing Havard’s “work” investigating the arson against CCIA) and others never taken care of? You’re the Mayor; these people work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Speaking of the above, why, when we went to make a complaint against Detective Havard at the direction of an Internal Affairs officer, were we threatened with arrest by a lieutenant with the Meridian Police Department if we didn’t leave the police station immediately…? You’re the Mayor; he works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• WHY HAVE THE TWO MAYORS DIRECTED THEIR POLICE CHIEFS TO GIVE AND TO CONTINUE TO GIVE FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE, THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, AND OTHER AGENCIES THAT THE VICTIMS HAVE TRIED TO GET HELP FROM? You’re the Mayor; the Police Chief works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why have two Mayors of Meridian allowed their Police Chiefs to continue to use slanderous information against our pastor and our church, in giving this information to Federal investigative agencies? You’re the Mayor; the Police Chief works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why has your current Chief of Police been given a document which was a reprint of 25 years ago, which is proven slander against our pastor, and why would he wave it in the face of our pastor and his wife in an accusatory manner, to avoid talking to them about the crimes against our church? You’re the Mayor; the Police Chief works for you at your direction. You’re the Mayor.
• Why did both Police Chiefs, Dubose under John Robert Smith and Shelbourn under you, say,“I’m only doing what the mayor told me to do”…and express their sympathies and say they couldn’t do anything to help us, saying the reason they couldn’t do anything was because “their hands were tied” because they take their orders from the mayor…? You’re the Mayor; the Police Chief works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
#2 Oct 9, 2011
• Why did all of the City Attorneys—Hammack under Mayor Smith, and Ready and Walton under you, Mayor Barry—also do the same? You’re the Mayor; the City Attorney works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why did a City Attorney under the former administration give false information to the City Council, telling them that they (the Council) cannot investigate City employees?
• Why has nothing been done about the fact that City Councilman Jesse Palmer said the following:“You were supposed to pack your bags and run (after they burned your house),” and “Don’t you know what they did to Martin Luther King…they had him killed”? You’re the Mayor.
• Why have we continually been given the runaround by your administration? You’re the Mayor; these people work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why did the Fire Marshal, on the day he assaulted the church secretary, tell her to go to the City Attorney, and then someone in the City Attorney’s office THREATENED HER WITH ARREST? You’re the Mayor; he works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why has our mail been repeatedly refused by your administration, the City Council, the Police Department, and the Fire Department, at your direction, after we were told by your administration to send things by mail? You’re the Mayor; with the exception of the City Council, these people work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• What do you plan to do about numerous pieces of correspondence sent by U.S. Mail to the above named entities that have been refused, returned, and/or stolen/destroyed? You’re the Mayor.
• Why was/is there a media blackout from day one (6/8/03), when arson against a church is a major story anywhere else?
• Why have/do you, in concert with others, participated in the de facto support of this media blackout by your personal participation in the rumor and falsehood started by former Mayor John Robert Smith, in attempting to deny the arson, in attempting to muddy the truth to keep it from the general population…when it is indubitable according to records on file within city administration? It was proved to be arson by then Meridian Fire Department Investigator (using the ATF Accelerant K-9), permanent records on file to this day in Meridian Police computers confirm it was arson, and the former Chief of the Fire Department, at a City Council meeting, confirmed, on record, absolutely, that it was arson. You’re the Mayor; why are you attempting with others to deny your city’s own documentation, and obviously supporting the media blackout concerning all these matters? Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why is it that nobody who attends our church can even advertise in The Meridian Star, and you’ve done nothing about this? You’re the Mayor.
• What do you plan to do about the fact that we have been the victims of horrendous slander on the former Meridian Star forum, supported by both the publisher and the monitor? You’re the Mayor.
• What do you plan to do about the Chief of your Fire Department publicly insulting two women of the church? You’re the Mayor; the Fire Chief works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• What do you plan to do about your Fire Marshal assaulting our 5’ tall church secretary just because she tried to drop off a letter? You’re the Mayor; the Fire Marshal works for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
#3 Oct 9, 2011
• Why are the people who attend our church, black and white, not allowed to “eat at the lunch counter,” in numerous establishments in Meridian? And what do you plan to do about this? You’re the Mayor.
• What do you plan to do about the fact that people have been threatened that, if they go to our church, they will lose their children, or lose their disability benefits, or go to prison or, because of death threats against us, their lives will be in danger? You’re the Mayor.
• Why did nobody ever do anything about the murder attempt against our pastor and his wife at Central United Methodist Church, which involved members of City Government? You’re the Mayor; the police work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Why did you and your CAO, Mark McDonald, reverse yourselves and not keep your word? Mark McDonald resigned, but what do you plan to do about this? You’re the Mayor.
• Why have you and the members of your administration not kept your word regarding allowing us to present what happened to our pastor’s children? Remember, you’re the Mayor.
• Are you allowing your present and past social relationship with Frank Coleman to influence you in denying us our rights?
• Why has there been only harassment and participation in the cover-up and threats from your employees and yourself instead of the normal ethical and logical outpouring of help and compassion? You’re the Mayor; these people work for you at your direction. Remember, you’re the Mayor.
These questions all need to be addressed since obviously these matters are all your responsibility—you’re the Mayor. You’re the Chief Executive Officer of the City; all the people work at your direction, and it is your responsibility to see that all the laws of the City are obeyed. Yes, these questions all need to be addressed, and these things will NEVER be behind us and we will NEVER be able to MOVE FORWARD until they are.
We, CCIA of Mt. Zion, as Citizens of Meridian in Lauderdale County, MS, and as human beings, are demanding that our Human & Civil Rights be addressed; we believe that the facts show that these rights clearly have been violated.
Lucinda Johnson, Exec. Asst. for the Church
CCIA of Mt. Zion
4015 Paulding Street,
Meridian, MS 39307
cc: Meridian’s Interim CAO, L.E. Skipper
Executive Advisor to the Mayor, Kirk Thompson
#4 Oct 13, 2011
now settle down lucinda maybe the mayor like others have to answer to old money
Add your comments below
|Melissa Smith (Sep '15)||Sep '15||hoss||1|
|Body Found at Truck Stop (Sep '15)||Sep '15||josh||2|
|MS: City Bands With Choctaws for Public Transit (Jan '15)||Jan '15||The Custodian||1|
|Dental Outreach Provides Checkups at School (Oct '14)||Oct '14||Gerald Vonberger||1|
|thoughts please (Aug '13)||Aug '13||what can we do now||1|
|Newton Family Murders (Feb '13)||Feb '13||Elder Edward Harr...||1|
|high school coach drinking in front of kids at ... (Mar '12)||Mar '12||parent||2|
Find what you want!
Search Lauderdale County Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC