What has become of Colorado, America?

What has become of Colorado, America?

There are 25 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from May 2, 2013, titled What has become of Colorado, America?. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

I have lived in Larimer County all of my life and my family has since the 1800s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
border wars

Estes Park, CO

#21 May 7, 2013
is based on Nogales. The reason it got so much attention is because the Feds cracked down on Texas and California borders, funneling all the marijuana to Arizona. After 911, Homeland Security set up permanent road blocks within AZ. If you live near there, you must navigate armed agents, dogs and a long traffic delays just to travel to purchase groceries. All this because we let pot become a Mexican product. Again, y'all need some history.
Van Horns are some of the

Fort Collins, CO

#22 May 9, 2013
biggest partiers out there, such hippo-critz
Raphael Haber

Estes Park, CO

#23 May 10, 2013
Thanks for giving Estes Park a bad name yet again Mr Van Horn. How many people have died because of marijuana? And alcohol?

Thats what I thought.
Seriously

Fort Collins, CO

#24 May 13, 2013
"What have Colorado and its people become? What is happening to America?"
Can't speak for all of Colorado and America, but it's well known to many of us that the answer to the lament "what has become of Estes Park?" is all the development done for greed and profit shepherded in by Bill Van Horn and all his cronies over the years. Open spwces cut up for homes, and then cut up again, density rules changed and waived. That new condo development that will soon fill the Telemark property along Moraine? Bill, that's part of YOUR legacy. Get off your high horse.
TOO Conservative

United States

#25 Jun 25, 2013
I am a conservative, I would probably be the most conservative person you would ever know. I do not believe in the religion that is portrayed. In fact I am agnostic, no one has proved to me anything. I have not ever used nor will ever use MJ or any other drug for that matter (this includes alcohol). I do not want it used around me or do I associate with people that are chronic users. I know I have friends that use at parties and use on a recreational basis.

I voted for the legalization bill.

Why would I vote for legalization being a conservative? There are several reasons. First it is obvious that prohibition has never and will never worked for drugs, alcohol, guns, etc. The federal government does not have constitutional purview to tell states what their enforcement can be. The cost of enforcement and the war on drugs has been a farce to drastically enlarge the federal government with more semi-military, unconstitutional enforcement agencies. The other issue is the worthless cost of enforcement that could be used elsewhere. Tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. While I do not agree with MJ use, I do not have the right to force my beliefs on you. As long as your use does not interfere with me, ie driving under the influence, injuring someone at work, then use all you want.

Additionally, legalization would remove a great deal of (not all of)the money, crime, and violence. The head of two Mexican Cartels stated they would fight legalization of MJ in the United States because it would put them out of business. So just as the bootleggers give large sums of cash to churches to fight dry and wet counties (alcohol legalization), the cartels back the churches to fight MJ legalization.

I have no problem with people using MJ as long as an employer I can accept it or reject it. Just as alcohol, I can send you home, fire you, or not hire you in the first place.

The medical MJ is another farce, with fraud and the BS of I cannot sleep I need a joint. Just legalized and remove the BS element.

I would have to say there are multiple studies that are much more current than the 2006 LA study that show that cancer rates are higher or equal to tobacco. The primary reason stated is because illegal growers are now using the same toxins to protect their crops as tobacco growers are.

So before all you hippies out there make sweeping generalizations by calling all conservatives "bible thumpers", please consider the views of me and many I know as stated above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larimer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans take early voting lead in Colorado Nov '16 VOTE TRUMP 4
News The Politics of US: Climate change Oct '16 John Marquis 1
Larimer County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Oct '16 Abigail 2
News Loveland man won't face charges in shooting but... (Jan '10) Jan '16 natasha doyel 32
News Fort Collins police look for burglar, bogus off... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kellog 1
News Loveland police officer hurt (Mar '14) May '15 the Ace of Spades 2
Larimer County 4.2.2 Land Use Code (Mar '15) Mar '15 GREG 2
More from around the web