What has become of Colorado, America?

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

I have lived in Larimer County all of my life and my family has since the 1800s.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spliff Splaff

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 2, 2013
 
Billy what is your point? Have you ever had a drink of alcohol. That was once illegal, probably you are old enough to remember those times. What would you have said if hundreds of people had gathered in a speakeasy and had a drink right in front of the cops?

LMBO

SunshineX2
This

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 3, 2013
 
Is prob the biggest excuse of an opinion letter I've ever heard. First off bill, mj is now legal in this state. Second, it's been proven that mj is better for your health than say alcohol and tabaco but I bet you haven't wrote any letters about that. Typical right winger, science and facts have no place in discussions.
Its been

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 3, 2013
 
This wrote:
Is prob the biggest excuse of an opinion letter I've ever heard. First off bill, mj is now legal in this state. Second, it's been proven that mj is better for your health than say alcohol and tabaco but I bet you haven't wrote any letters about that. Typical right winger, science and facts have no place in discussions.
"proven that mj is better for your health than say alcohol and tabaco"? Please display that proof (which does involve facts and scientific study) to support your statement. Words have meaning so please share with us this jewel of information.
This

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 3, 2013
 
From

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This wrote:
http://archive.saferchoice.org /content/view/24/53/
an mj website promoting mj??????? You got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!! I know, cats make better companions than dogs written by Cats International. Milk is better for you than soy by The National Dairy Association...got milk? I'm OK and I'm OK By Me, Myself and I.
Did you

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 3, 2013
 
take the time to read through the links provided in the site? They cite many credible sources. Who are they you might ask? Well how about the Center for Disease Control, American Scientist, British Columbia Mental Health and Addictions Journal, Neurotoxicology and Teratology, Rueters, University of California, Science Daily, American Journal of Emergency Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA, the Journal of Addictive Behaviors, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, US Department of Justice, Research Institute on Addictions, and there are countless others. Do I really need to post the links to the actual studies or can you turn off your conservative bias for one second and READ the ACTUAL STUDIES BASED ON SCIENTIFIC FACTS. You are beginning to look very foolish.
View Estes

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It is doubtful that Bill or other dick weed conservatives will read the citations listed in that reply. The ruining of America is now based on old timers who believe that the country owes them a livelihood. Pay their expenses for healthcare and give them pay increases on SS. Bill and his conservative friends will likely rake in twice in SS benefits than they and their employer contributed over their entire working life. Yep, the US is going to hell alright and they are driving it there.
Actually

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

View Estes wrote:
. Yep, the US is going to hell alright and they are driving it there.
the current President is behind the wheel...and in full control with his majority Congress. Be sure and get your daughter the morning after pill since the democrats just said it is OK to have sex at age 15!
Jake

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This wrote:
Is prob the biggest excuse of an opinion letter I've ever heard. First off bill, mj is now legal in this state. Second, it's been proven that mj is better for your health than say alcohol and tabaco but I bet you haven't wrote any letters about that. Typical right winger, science and facts have no place in discussions.
MJ is legal onlky if you smoke it in the privacy of your own home, and for medical purposes only. It is not legal in public, and is a federal law, which supercedes statelaw. Get your facts straight.If the police chose to enforce the law they very well could have made all the arrests they wanted and made them stand up. Jus as alcohol is illegal in public, so is MJ.
Actually

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 3, 2013
 
guess again. The congress is controlled by the right winger nutjobs. You might be thinking about the senate. Again FACTS block your argument. Every time, hahahaha.
I thought

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 3, 2013
 
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
MJ is legal onlky if you smoke it in the privacy of your own home, and for medical purposes only. It is not legal in public, and is a federal law, which supercedes statelaw. Get your facts straight.If the police chose to enforce the law they very well could have made all the arrests they wanted and made them stand up. Jus as alcohol is illegal in public, so is MJ.
all you bible banger right wingers were all about states rights? Oh that's right, only if it supports your agenda. Carry on.
Its amazing

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

that the majority of the above posts come from EP. That means that one person is posting or a group of pot heads got together to show their ignorance of the law.
Oh boy

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Actually wrote:
guess again. The congress is controlled by the right winger nutjobs. You might be thinking about the senate. Again FACTS block your argument. Every time, hahahaha.
Congress is made up of the House of Representatives and the Senate...The House has a Republican majority and the Senate a Democratic majority. Too much weed jumbled your brain.
Same as

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 4, 2013
 
I thought wrote:
<quoted text>
all you bible banger right wingers were all about states rights? Oh that's right, only if it supports your agenda. Carry on.
you with your agenda. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
izzysgamma

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 4, 2013
 
All you responders plus the newspaper itself are rude. It should have been explained to Mr Van Horn, that in CO it is legal now to possess a certain amount. It is still against Federal law though, so don't get too excited just yet. They have been more concerned over bigger problems. It also surprises me that you have turned everything political. Where were all you when the rich Social Security receivers in Estes decided they want to build a 20 mil 70' theatre in downtown? That should have been something you should have showed your vitriol for.
Gee wizz Bill

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 4, 2013
 
You are creepy. Smoking pot is not. You might want to leave Colorado and take your family with you. I don't even smoke pot, but you are judgmental. Get over it. I don't know where you will go, since pot is in most places.
straight shooter

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bill,
It's very easy to see what's happening in CO. We have become Californicated with all these Californians.
i never lived in

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 6, 2013
 
California. Been here 40 years. Smoked my first pipe of hash in Wyoming in 1969. Pot is embedded in our culture. Paris was a great learning place for the founders of our country. They did not smoke it...they ate it. Guess what crop Thomas Jefferson was cultivating after spending time as the French Ambassador?? Y'all need to get a history lesson.
History of Marijuana

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It is the only plant that kept the early colonists alive.

Ben Franklin wanted it to be on the flag, and also wanted it to be our national food and beverage.

Hemp is the single most important discovery in our civilization. Everything pales in comparison to it. Nothing has been accomplished without first smoking a bunch of weed.

Potheads. Get over your childish fascination with something that makes you fat and lazy.
We have

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

straight shooter wrote:
Bill,
It's very easy to see what's happening in CO. We have become Californicated with all these Californians.
Mexicancated with all the Mexican drug traffic. Watch on episode of Border Wars and it will make you sick to your stomach.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Larimer County Discussions

Search the Larimer County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
RH Line calls printed June 9, 2014 Jun '14 Benjamin Spock 1
Man shot by police in Colorado town ID'd Jun '14 Fort Collins is crap 1
Loveland police officer hurt Mar '14 Morrilyn Donaway 1
Colorado's solution to 420 sign theft: Mile mar... (Jan '14) Jan '14 SUJ 3
Haleigh Cummings (Oct '13) Jan '14 Kolby 2
As Colorado Floodwaters Recede The Damage Becom... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Elisha 1
Larimer Co: Dam broke, more in danager (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ariel 1
•••
•••