Larimer County resident questions Reager residency - Journal Advocate

Full story: Journal-Advocate

Questions to Mike Reager: As a member of the Fort Collins community, I feel compelled to ask these questions.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Country Girl

Aurora, CO

#1 Oct 18, 2010
I hope that residency is verified before a candidate is allowed on the ballot.
Logan Citizen

Berthoud, CO

#2 Oct 19, 2010
Mike has a house in sterling and a house in Fort Collins. From what I hear his wife hates sterling so they live in Fort Collins on the weekends and whenever they can. I don't understand why he is running for coronor again, and as unaffiliated. He wont be getting my vote!
Get it Right

Jackson, MS

#3 Oct 19, 2010
So why is it not OK for the Reager's to have part ownership in a funeral home and other property in a town other than Sterling??

Why has Mr. Tennant not been forthcoming and let us know publicly know he also owns a funeral home and other property outside of Sterling???

Doubles standard as its best !!!

What narrow minded people we do have !!
P.S. Yes they are residents of this county !!
Check your info before you foolishly open your mouth!! CHECK YOU FACTS !!!
Randy

Berthoud, CO

#4 Oct 19, 2010
Dave owns a funeral home in Julesburg but doesn't live here part of the time and doesn't own a house here. It is completely ran by his son.
Question

Berthoud, CO

#5 Oct 19, 2010
How have the Tennant's not been forthcoming about owning another funeral home? They advertise on the radio, have notices in the paper for both places, and say on their website they have two locations. That doesn't sound like hiding to me.
Get it Right

Jackson, MS

#6 Oct 19, 2010
Proving the point that both Mr Reager and Mr Tennant do have other investments outside the Sterling area as do other people in the Sterling community! Is this wrong ? Savy business sense to NOT put all your eggs in 1 basket especially in these tough economic times. As far as living part time outside Sterling,many people choose to leave town on the weekends to do various things, like have fun and enjoy the things that Coloado has to offer. Does this mean they are not loyal to their community ? Absolutely Not ! As far as the son running things himself? Get real !Dave Tennant is involved in the operation of that funeral home, maybe not publicly but behind the scenes!
Question

Berthoud, CO

#7 Oct 19, 2010
Leaving town on the weekends to vacation is very different then owning a house in a non vacation related location. ie) residential fort collins
Local

Denver, CO

#8 Oct 20, 2010
Get it Right - As someone living in Mississippi, maybe you shouldn't speak about things your don't have any knowledge of. Just a thought!
Also a LOCAL

Mckinney, TX

#9 Oct 20, 2010
After reading how Mr Tennant denied and broke the gentleman's agreement made by himself and Mr Reager, I think it's best if all dealings with Mr Tennant are documented. Mr Tennant can not be trusted!

Who cares if Reager has a second home.
Shane

Berthoud, CO

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Dave is a trustworthy guy. I don't believe a word of this "Gentleman's Agreement." You can't trust people willing to poach former employees or former employees who left with a chip on their shoulder.
Country Girl

Aurora, CO

#11 Oct 20, 2010
Also a LOCAL wrote:
After reading how Mr Tennant denied and broke the gentleman's agreement made by himself and Mr Reager, I think it's best if all dealings with Mr Tennant are documented. Mr Tennant can not be trusted!
Who cares if Reager has a second home.
I always wondered who broke the agreement!
the one and only

Sterling, CO

#12 Oct 20, 2010
Did Mr. Tennant have you ask these queations?
dont you know of anyone else who owns houses in other locations. Is their any requrements of how many days you live in a community or not, obviously you have the answers. Let us know what you think? Do you own your own home or do you rent ?
the one and only

Sterling, CO

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Get it Right wrote:
So why is it not OK for the Reager's to have part ownership in a funeral home and other property in a town other than Sterling??
Why has Mr. Tennant not been forthcoming and let us know publicly know he also owns a funeral home and other property outside of Sterling???
Doubles standard as its best !!!
What narrow minded people we do have !!
P.S. Yes they are residents of this county !!
Check your info before you foolishly open your mouth!! CHECK YOU FACTS !!!
Then why should Tennant run if he cant let anyone know of anything. For your information I believe mike is in a great place to run. I believe he has done a great job and will always provide the best job he can provide. Tennant just wants money, the way it looks......Just take it a look and see what you see...
jjj

Denver, CO

#14 Oct 20, 2010
Mr. Reager says to ask Brad Perdue, because he is not a liar. And Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman. Give me a break.
concerned in Logan County

Great Falls, MT

#15 Oct 20, 2010
So Mr. Reager owns a home in Ft. Collins, has a business in Ft. Collins, and is a Deputy Coroner for Larimer County. How much time does he spend in Ft. Collins? If he wins, wouldn't it be a conflict of interest to be Coroner and Deputy in 2 different counties? Who would be watching Logan County while he is "vacationing" in Ft. Collins?

This letter is interesting, but I'm more concerned with what Mr. Reager said himself in the Sentinel today. A supposed back room deal with Mr. Tennant, a supposed back room deal with Mr. Perdue, a supposed back room deal with Mr. Jacobson. How does this guy operate, on back room deals?

Seems like "Back Room Reager" is wheeling and dealing with anyone he can to become Coroner.
Amused

Sterling, CO

#16 Oct 20, 2010
To "Concerned in Logan County" : First of all does Larimer County and Logan county boundaries cross??? NO THEY DO NOT, thus no conflict to be Deputy coroner in each county ! Who would be watching Logan Co while Mr Reager is "vacationing" in Ft Collins. Probably the deputy coroners, the same as when Mr Tennant goes to Las Vegas and vacations or whatever, the deputy coroners are responsible people and know their jobs!I believe Mr Budin referenced the "backroom deals" and Mr Reager was referencing Mr Budins letter. Too bad that Mr Budin was hoodwinked by Dave Tennant as that is one of Dave's finer traits. Hope you can understand this!
i think i know

Aguilar, CO

#17 Oct 20, 2010
Dear Concerned:

READ IT AGAIN...this time, try grasping the content !! Our family has used both funeral homes, and we were equally impressed by both of these men...they seem to be professional and yet friendly and approachable. Too bad the campaign has been muddied by OUTSIDERS trying to stir up a controversy. EITHER would represent and serve Sterling and Logan County well.
Amused

Sterling, CO

#18 Oct 20, 2010
I think I know:
Remeber we are talking about 2 or should be 2 seperate things...Coroner of Logan County and funeral director. The jobs ARE NOT the same and should not be viewed as being similar.
Amused

Sterling, CO

#19 Oct 21, 2010
It's obvious that the letter to the editor from Pat Phillips in Fort Collins is nothing more than a plant set up by Dave Tennant for a little game of cyber bullying! I should know, I went to school with Dave Dillenburg Tennant and obviously he hasn't changed.
Shane

Berthoud, CO

#20 Oct 21, 2010
Amused wrote:
It's obvious that the letter to the editor from Pat Phillips in Fort Collins is nothing more than a plant set up by Dave Tennant for a little game of cyber bullying! I should know, I went to school with Dave Dillenburg Tennant and obviously he hasn't changed.
Funny how people supporting Reager think its ok for Jacobson to go after Dave. I'm sure Mike has nothing to do with that. Oh wait I'm not an idiot so it's pretty obvious Mike and Jake are doing it together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larimer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RH Line calls printed June 9, 2014 Jun '14 Benjamin Spock 1
Man shot by police in Colorado town ID'd Jun '14 Fort Collins is crap 1
Loveland police officer hurt Mar '14 Morrilyn Donaway 1
Colorado's solution to 420 sign theft: Mile mar... (Jan '14) Jan '14 SUJ 3
Haleigh Cummings (Oct '13) Jan '14 Kolby 2
As Colorado Floodwaters Recede The Damage Becom... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Elisha 1
Larimer Co: Dam broke, more in danager (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ariel 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••