South Eastern School Board hires subs...

South Eastern School Board hires substitute superintendent

There are 19 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 5, 2010, titled South Eastern School Board hires substitute superintendent. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

In a surprise move Thursday, the South Eastern School Board hired a substitute superintendent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

In The Know

Spring Mills, PA

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Mr. Marston wanted the public to come out to Thursday's meeting after all the dirty work was done at the surprise Tuesday meeting.

So they came up with the "substitute superintendent" to settle things.

But that leaves us with the Tracy Shank situation.

I would sure like to know why Marston and other board members were denying last month that Tracy Shank had resigned as superintendent when her letter was dated July 17th of last month.
SE Taxpayer

York, PA

#2 Aug 6, 2010
It is nice to know Dr. Shank can move on to her new position. It is also nice to know SESD can move on with the substitute superintendent. Now, the question is: Mr.Marston, can you please MOVE ON with the important issues and get over yourself.
Arrogancy will get you nowhere in our small town.
Juan

York, PA

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Marston is great. I love how he doesn't take any crap from all of these administrators. They all seem to be running scared since this board took over. There wasn't any accountability in SESD for years. Looks to me like this board is changing things.
Happy

Columbia, PA

#4 Aug 6, 2010
Right on Juan!
You are a fool

Street, MD

#5 Aug 6, 2010
In The Know wrote:
Mr. Marston wanted the public to come out to Thursday's meeting after all the dirty work was done at the surprise Tuesday meeting.
So they came up with the "substitute superintendent" to settle things.
But that leaves us with the Tracy Shank situation.
I would sure like to know why Marston and other board members were denying last month that Tracy Shank had resigned as superintendent when her letter was dated July 17th of last month.
In the Know you are a clueless fool... your type has been creating trouble here. The Tuesday meeting was not a surprise meeting! If it was a surprise why were there about 70 to 80 people there? Idiot! Running your mouth with out knowing what has been going on. Were you at the meeting last night? The district is moving forward. Keep your nasty trouble making comments to your self. By the way-We know who you are!
Digger

Delta, PA

#6 Aug 6, 2010
If Shank is the best candidate for asst super at Oley Valley, God help public education! Oley Valley better get their 'game on'.
Teacher 2

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2010
The Board denied that she resigned and that they told her to not come back because this is personal. I hope that this is all behind us now and we can have a great start to the school year.
In The Know

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 6, 2010
You are a fool wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Know you are a clueless fool... your type has been creating trouble here. The Tuesday meeting was not a surprise meeting! If it was a surprise why were there about 70 to 80 people there? Idiot! Running your mouth with out knowing what has been going on. Were you at the meeting last night? The district is moving forward. Keep your nasty trouble making comments to your self. By the way-We know who you are!
A meeting called with 24 hours notice is a surprise meeting.
In The Know

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Aug 6, 2010
You are a fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to know why statements were made by the board president Marston and others that Shank had not resigned last month when in fact her letter of resignation was dated July 17th.

Care to answer that one????
Nana

AOL

#10 Aug 6, 2010
They did not accept her resignation, therefore, she did not resign.

You got that right Juan!!!

I'm just sayin.
kudos

York, PA

#11 Aug 6, 2010
Controversy aside, the substitute superintendent is an excellent experienced choice to guide this district about of the abyss!
Teacher 2

Atco, NJ

#12 Aug 6, 2010
so they now have 2 superintendents? One is working and the other is being paid to stay home.
You are a fool

Street, MD

#13 Aug 6, 2010
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to know why statements were made by the board president Marston and others that Shank had not resigned last month when in fact her letter of resignation was dated July 17th.
Care to answer that one????
That is just false. Things did not go your way so you are going to try to create all the trouble you can.
In your earlier post you stated that the Tuesday meeting was a surprise. That is a lie! It was posted on the school web site and there were 70 to 80 people there! Some surprise!
What you said:
"Mr. Marston wanted the public to come out to Thursday's meeting after all the dirty work was done at the surprise Tuesday meeting".
Then you talk about "dirty work" What dirty work. The board took appropriate action at a public meeting to protect the school district interest!
You are one sour individual. Stop trying to continue to sabotage the school board and the community!! If you don't like the current school board run for the board! Now please just shut up!
Traveler

Delta, PA

#14 Aug 6, 2010
Thank you South Eastern school board of directors! It can't be easy making so many big decisions in a short period of time. You are doing the right thing. Let's heal our wounds (and there are wounds) and continue to move forward from here.
We are......Kennard Dale!
Nana

AOL

#15 Aug 6, 2010
Yes, the board is definitely doing the right thing. This is the best School Board of Directors South Eastern has had for many years.
SESDGuy

Forest Hill, MD

#16 Aug 6, 2010
I still say that "In the Know" is Dick Wilson!
Hateithere

Stewartstown, PA

#17 Aug 6, 2010
Yes, the board is definitely doing the right thing. This is the best School Board of Directors South Eastern has had for many years.

I just threw up !!!!!!!
No more darkness

Delta, PA

#18 Aug 6, 2010
I, too, was at the school board meeting. The atomsphere was very positive and you could feel it!
The healing process has begun. Thank you SESD school board. Very nice!
LoverOfDogs

Lancaster, PA

#19 Aug 6, 2010
Look for one of the "leaders" from York City to take over in this district.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy mill? Mar '18 peter 1
News Police: Man trespassed naked, drunk to hang out... (Jul '15) Jan '18 brooke 9
News Gay rights debate reaches Lancaster Mennonites Jan '18 Gremlin 20
News Lancaster County's congressmen vote opposite wa... Dec '17 jimwildrickjr 1
News Injured driver cut out of her car after it's ra... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Slwings 1
News Amish Mafia returns to airwaves (Mar '13) Sep '17 Nick 5
Lancaster County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests ... (Sep '16) May '17 Lion 3