Gary Young seeks re-election

Gary Young seeks re-election

There are 334 comments on the Paris Texas story from Dec 20, 2007, titled Gary Young seeks re-election. In it, Paris Texas reports that:

Lamar County and District Attorney incumbent Gary Young has announced his intent to seek re-election to the post he's held since 2004.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paris Texas.

Comparison

Paris, TX

#21 Dec 27, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
There is no logical reason for Gary Young asking for this man to be let off the hook.
BTW you're right about this. That was a violent crime he should have went through the judicial process. He should have got some time. All this in front of his kids. All he does is get out of jail free with no consequences. What's going to happen when his kids decide to pick up a hammer and hit someone in the head. They'll have a legitimate excuse "Dad did it and you didn't do anything to him." Kids are being sent off for much less than this.

Since: Oct 07

United States

#22 Dec 28, 2007
Comparison wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone running against him or are they going to let him be a lone ranger in order to let him stay in office.
Why doesn't the CCC just put someone up to run against him? Can't find anyone qualified? It's too bad that Squander hasn't finished her law school yet. Better hurry though, I think I heard the deadline for filing is the end of the year!

“Just Me Myself and I”

Since: Dec 07

Somewhere USA

#23 Dec 28, 2007
Razzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't the CCC just put someone up to run against him? Can't find anyone qualified? It's too bad that Squander hasn't finished her law school yet. Better hurry though, I think I heard the deadline for filing is the end of the year!
Now wouldn't that be a sight. Squander as an elected official. If anyone disagreed with her she could just push them down and break a bone or two and she could send all the little white girls to prison for no reason at all.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#24 Dec 28, 2007
Comparison wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone running against him or are they going to let him be a lone ranger in order to let him stay in office.
I don't know who is running at this point. The Paris News only talked about Gary Young. The thing about Gary Young though is if he is in office again, he is probably going to be even more foolish than he has already shown himself to be. He already helped to shine a national spotlight on Paris Texas. He likes to say it was Superville but it was Young. If left in office, he's going to do something even more outrageous and he's going to cost the city what little reputation they have left along with a big dent in their pocketbooks. From what people, both black and white, are saying, they are fed up.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#25 Dec 28, 2007
Comparison wrote:
<quoted text>BTW you're right about this. That was a violent crime he should have went through the judicial process. He should have got some time. All this in front of his kids. All he does is get out of jail free with no consequences. What's going to happen when his kids decide to pick up a hammer and hit someone in the head. They'll have a legitimate excuse "Dad did it and you didn't do anything to him." Kids are being sent off for much less than this.
I notice razzle, anonymous, samnparis, and the rest of the gang are downright tight lipped on this subject.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#26 Dec 28, 2007
Razzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously saying that you believe there will be no one running against Young because there is no one else in Lamar County qualified. LOLOLOL!!!! I guess we're just stuck with what we can get. Gary Young is just something we have to live with because of a lack of anything better to choose from.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#27 Dec 28, 2007
katleenaph123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wouldn't that be a sight. Squander as an elected official. If anyone disagreed with her she could just push them down and break a bone or two and she could send all the little white girls to prison for no reason at all.
Yeah...kinda like what Gary Young does with black kids whose mamas and daddys disagree with him.

United States

#28 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice razzle, anonymous, samnparis, and the rest of the gang are downright tight lipped on this subject.
I haven't commented on it because I don't know enough about it to comment. You don't need me to make anymore noise on here, you make enough for everyone in Paris.

United States

#29 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously saying that you believe there will be no one running against Young because there is no one else in Lamar County qualified. LOLOLOL!!!! I guess we're just stuck with what we can get. Gary Young is just something we have to live with because of a lack of anything better to choose from.
If you go back and read what I wrote, I said I thought the deadline to file to run was the end of the year. That's Monday. If that is the case then I seriously doubt if anyone is going to run against him. I'd love to see you take a shot at the job.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#30 Dec 28, 2007
Razzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't commented on it because I don't know enough about it to comment. You don't need me to make anymore noise on here, you make enough for everyone in Paris.
You don't have a problem commenting on anything else you don't really know about. FACT: A man hit another man in the back of the head with a sledgehammer putting a gash in his head. FACT: That man was arrested and later indicted by a grand jury based on an investigation and the evidence presented. FACT: Gary Young later asked the judge to drop all the charges in the case. FACT: A man hit another man in the back of the head with a sledgehammer and got off free. Thats crimianal behavior. Thats attempted murder. There has been no evidence indicating otherwise.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#31 Dec 28, 2007
Razzle wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back and read what I wrote, I said I thought the deadline to file to run was the end of the year. That's Monday. If that is the case then I seriously doubt if anyone is going to run against him. I'd love to see you take a shot at the job.
I'm not an attorney but I guarantee if I was, I would run. Although I'm sure the good old boys would have a big problem with me because I'm not one to go along with corruption and I don't follow along just to get along. Having someone in such a position, not because they do a good job or have any particuliar qualities but simply because there is no one else available and they are better than nothing is....well pathetic. But it is what it is. It might be a good thing actually. Its time more light was shed on Paris Texas and Gary Young is just the one to get the job done. He's out of control and thats dangerous for a small town with skeletons in the closet.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#32 Dec 28, 2007
Razzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I hereby declare on this public forum that I am a candidate. Vote for Me!
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#33 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
I hereby declare on this public forum that I am a candidate. Vote for Me!
Uh...Dummy.....I tell you what we will do. I will just give you a little stamp all your own until your silly azz can find the balls to post what you want in your usual name.

Dummy/Want/To/B/Cibil
Stamp#34Parisite-IDIOT
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#34 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...Dummy.....I tell you what we will do. I will just give you a little stamp all your own until your silly azz can find the balls to post what you want in your usual name.
Dummy/Want/To/B/Cibil
Stamp#34Parisite-IDIOT
Dummy/Want/To/B/White
Stamp#69-Blwme-Jig
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#35 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy/Want/To/B/White
Stamp#69-Blwme-Jig
Well my job is done. I drove you to this didn't I? I hate when I drive you guys insane. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

“Just Me Myself and I”

Somewhere USA

#36 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy/Want/To/B/Cibil
Stamp#34Parisite-IDIOT
WHAT?

“Just Me Myself and I”

Somewhere USA

#37 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy/Want/To/B/White
Stamp#69-Blwme-Jig
WHAT?

“Just Me Myself and I”

Somewhere USA

#38 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my job is done. I drove you to this didn't I? I hate when I drive you guys insane. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
WHAT?
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#39 Dec 28, 2007
katleenaph123 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?
What What?

“Just Me Myself and I”

Somewhere USA

#40 Dec 28, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
What What?
Just wondering what the heck you are up to now. You seem to be trying to conjur up an alter ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pedersen found guilty in third trial (Oct '09) Feb '17 Married the Son 39
News Paris murder trial continues (Feb '13) Jan '17 the coc 45
Fed UP with common politicians (Jan '16) Jan '16 VoteSmart 1
News "Texas Night Out" (Oct '15) Oct '15 Good Job 1
News Reno Police Arrests Two for Breaking into a Veh... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Wazir 5
News BBC in Paris (Oct '07) Nov '14 3 Minutes 90
News Paris sex offender arrested for sexually assaul... (Sep '14) Nov '14 think about it fo... 27
More from around the web