Gary Young seeks re-election

Full story: Paris Texas

Lamar County and District Attorney incumbent Gary Young has announced his intent to seek re-election to the post he's held since 2004.
Comments
1 - 20 of 334 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2013
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Gay Young wants the vote of the people. I don't know Gary. You have been a real JACKAZZ to both blacks and whites. You're childish. You throw temper tantums in court. You have no ethics or morals. You have no sense of whats right and wrong. You asked a judge to drop the charges against a man who had already been indicted for hitting another man in the back of the head with a sledgehammer yet you gave a young man 20 years for some marijuana found in someone elses house just because he happened to be at the house. When a young man was aquitted of shooting at a police officer, you said in the Paris News that you wanted him put away for life and you were going to find another way to get him.....and you did. "If I can't set him up here, let me send him over to my friend Kerry Ashmore in Sherman and I can get him there" Isn't that your motto? You may get voted in again since MOST of the people in Paris DON'T VOTE but if they are wise, they will reflect on your record. Four more years of Adolf Hitler.

Since: Dec 07

Millersview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
Gay Young wants the vote of the people. I don't know Gary. You have been a real JACKAZZ to both blacks and whites. You're childish. You throw temper tantums in court. You have no ethics or morals. You have no sense of whats right and wrong. You asked a judge to drop the charges against a man who had already been indicted for hitting another man in the back of the head with a sledgehammer yet you gave a young man 20 years for some marijuana found in someone elses house just because he happened to be at the house. When a young man was aquitted of shooting at a police officer, you said in the Paris News that you wanted him put away for life and you were going to find another way to get him.....and you did. "If I can't set him up here, let me send him over to my friend Kerry Ashmore in Sherman and I can get him there" Isn't that your motto? You may get voted in again since MOST of the people in Paris DON'T VOTE but if they are wise, they will reflect on your record. Four more years of Adolf Hitler.
On another forum you told someone named rick that he was contradicting himself but then isn't that just what you did??? You say, "I don't know Gary." Then you begin this tirade about how bad he is. Do you know him or not? Your threads are very confusing.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

bellesara wrote:
<quoted text>
On another forum you told someone named rick that he was contradicting himself but then isn't that just what you did??? You say, "I don't know Gary." Then you begin this tirade about how bad he is. Do you know him or not? Your threads are very confusing.
Uh....you're the same simpleton alright. My posts aren't confusing...its YOU....or should I say YALL. I wasn't saying I don't know him. I was addressing the comment TO him saying basically "I don't know about that Gary". I'm almost positive he reads this stuff. You're all up in my kool aid and don't know the flavor.
Bobby Blue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Hasn't someone posted on other threads that this "Cibil War" person is either Creola Cotton or Brenda Cherry? If either of those be the case, what would you expect them to say about Gary Young? When you're a prosecutor and you do your job, people aren't going to like you if they've had an encounter with the criminal system because they'll think you're too hard on them. Gary Young is damn good at his job and doesn't need to use Kerry Ashmore fo anything. In fact, that's a completely different county so unless the criminal Cibil is referring to did something in that county Kerry Ashmore couldn't do anything to him. Gary Young should be our county attorney for as long as he wants because he does a good job of what we (the voters) hired him to do: put the criminals who deserve it in jail or prison and put others on probation who deserve a second chance.
Paris Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Yes I am pretty sure that Cibil is Creola. Which is why she is so down on him. He proved her daughter guilty and just won't accept the fact that her daughter was guilty.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Bobby Blue wrote:
Hasn't someone posted on other threads that this "Cibil War" person is either Creola Cotton or Brenda Cherry? If either of those be the case, what would you expect them to say about Gary Young? When you're a prosecutor and you do your job, people aren't going to like you if they've had an encounter with the criminal system because they'll think you're too hard on them. Gary Young is damn good at his job and doesn't need to use Kerry Ashmore fo anything. In fact, that's a completely different county so unless the criminal Cibil is referring to did something in that county Kerry Ashmore couldn't do anything to him. Gary Young should be our county attorney for as long as he wants because he does a good job of what we (the voters) hired him to do: put the criminals who deserve it in jail or prison and put others on probation who deserve a second chance.
LOL!!! That was quick Gary. You won't be able to turn this into a black/white thing. Gary Young, you have been just as unfair to poor white folks as you have to black folks, but what your azz forgot is the people hold your future in their hands. The guy on the school board in Detroit was a CRIMINAL. He HIT a man in the back of the HEAD with a SLEDGEHAMMER. Gay Young decided that was OK. How can anyone black or white think thats ok. Trying to blame the Cottons or the Cherrys ain't going to make it ok. He DOES need Kerry Ashmore if he has no evidence. In federal, you can get a conviction on hearsay evidently such as the Keyon Mitchell case. LIFE in prison based SOLELY on testimony from a few criminals with LONG records in the Lamar County jail even though Mitchell was a college student with no criminal record what so ever. Gary Young is childish, a liar and has no sense of whats right and wrong. Lamar County needs a D.A. that wants justice, not one who seems to make a game of seeing how much time he can get for someone, no matter if they are guilty or not. HE LET A MAN GO WHO WAS INDICTED BY A GRAND JURY FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER AFTER HITTING A MAN IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER. The "voters" are not just YOU. You seem to forget that the voters consist of everyone registered to vote, INCLUDING the family and friends of those who have been victims of Gary Young injustice, as well as those who just want to see fairness, honor and dignity in the Lamar County Texas criminal justice system.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Paris Guy wrote:
Yes I am pretty sure that Cibil is Creola. Which is why she is so down on him. He proved her daughter guilty and just won't accept the fact that her daughter was guilty.
No Gary Young proved Creola Cotton guilty of filing complaints. Then the BBC proved Gary Young guilty of being a LIAR. If a D.A. resorts to LYING, he does not belong in office.

Millersview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! That was quick Gary. You won't be able to turn this into a black/white thing. Gary Young, you have been just as unfair to poor white folks as you have to black folks, but what your azz forgot is the people hold your future in their hands. The guy on the school board in Detroit was a CRIMINAL. He HIT a man in the back of the HEAD with a SLEDGEHAMMER. Gay Young decided that was OK. How can anyone black or white think thats ok. Trying to blame the Cottons or the Cherrys ain't going to make it ok. He DOES need Kerry Ashmore if he has no evidence. In federal, you can get a conviction on hearsay evidently such as the Keyon Mitchell case. LIFE in prison based SOLELY on testimony from a few criminals with LONG records in the Lamar County jail even though Mitchell was a college student with no criminal record what so ever. Gary Young is childish, a liar and has no sense of whats right and wrong. Lamar County needs a D.A. that wants justice, not one who seems to make a game of seeing how much time he can get for someone, no matter if they are guilty or not. HE LET A MAN GO WHO WAS INDICTED BY A GRAND JURY FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER AFTER HITTING A MAN IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER. The "voters" are not just YOU. You seem to forget that the voters consist of everyone registered to vote, INCLUDING the family and friends of those who have been victims of Gary Young injustice, as well as those who just want to see fairness, honor and dignity in the Lamar County Texas criminal justice system.
Someone tell me.......... is this woman completely nuts or what? She seems to think I am someone I don't even know and she rants and raves like a lunatic.
Denny

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Bobby Blue wrote:
She is in fact one of them. I know but can't say on this forum because it's against the TOS.
Denny

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

bellesara wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone tell me.......... is this woman completely nuts or what? She seems to think I am someone I don't even know and she rants and raves like a lunatic.
Yes, dear, she is certifiable.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

bellesara wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Even the white ones here know who you are. They just won't say it because they support other whites no matter how stupid it is. You could post that the sky had fallen and you had eaten a chunk of it and they would support your post just because you're white.

Millersview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Even the white ones here know who you are. They just won't say it because they support other whites no matter how stupid it is. You could post that the sky had fallen and you had eaten a chunk of it and they would support your post just because you're white.
I believe Denny to be correct in your diagnosis.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

bellesara wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Denny to be correct in your diagnosis.
And I believe you need to get a diagnosis from a psychiatrist.

Millersview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe you need to get a diagnosis from a psychiatrist.
Why would I do that? I am perfectly sane.

Thanks for your concern though.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

bellesara wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I am perfectly sane.
Thanks for your concern though.
Come on now. That wasn't concern. I don't give a damn about you.

Millersview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now. That wasn't concern. I don't give a damn about you.
Do you really think I thought you cared about me? Are you just stupid or what? You don't know what sorcasm is? From what I have read today, you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. These forums even say you had a chance to keep your daughter out of prison and would not do it. That's pretty selfish and sick.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Paris Guy wrote:
Charges dismissed in Daniel Hart assault case

By Bill Hankins
The Paris News

Published October 19, 2007

DETROIT — Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges have been dismissed against a Detroit Independent School District trustee over an alleged attack against his brother-in-law.

Daniel Wade Hart, 41, was arrested June 5 by Lamar County Sheriff’s deputies.

This week, a district court judge dismissed the charge at the request of Lamar County and District Attorney Gary Young.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Man charged in assault case
School board member accused of hitting brother-in-law with sledge hammer
By: Lynn Larowe - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 06/09/2007

HartDETROIT, Texas—School board member Daniel Hart was arrested this week by the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Hart was arrested Tuesday evening and released on an $8,000 bond Wednesday afternoon.“This was a family violence call,” said Sgt. Travis Rhodes of the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department. According to incident reports, Hart’s wife had taken the couple’s children and moved in with her brother because of problems in the marriage. Hart attacked his wife’s brother from behind with a standard size sledge hammer when the brother tried to stop Hart from taking the children, Rhodes said. Hart was arrested at the scene.
According to an arrest report, Hart also allegedly tried to throw a brick through the back door of his brother-in-law’s home. Despite a large gash to the back of his head, the victim declined to be transported to the hospital by ambulance. Travis said it is standard procedure to issue a protective order in situations like Hart’s. No-contact orders are routinely made a condition of release on a bail bond for a family violence assault, he said.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

There is no logical reason for Gary Young asking for this man to be let off the hook.
Comparison

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
There is no logical reason for Gary Young asking for this man to be let off the hook.
Is anyone running against him or are they going to let him be a lone ranger in order to let him stay in office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lamar County Discussions

Search the Lamar County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman arrested on Tuesday after search of resid... Jun '14 question 2
Did Two Texas Women Get Mugged By a Cartoon? (Jan '14) Jan '14 wow 3
Dr. Ganguly and Staff Move to New Location (May '13) Sep '13 def 5
Aggravated assault in Blossom results in seriou... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Brittney 2
Texas Court of Appeals reverses Clifford on set... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Egg- Dawg 6
Former LC teacher found guilty by Sherman fed (Nov '08) May '13 Real 75
Paris murder trial continues (Feb '13) Mar '13 Ali 41
•••
•••