3 charged with hate crime in Paris beating

Three men have been charged with a hate crime in the brutal beating of a gay man at a party last month in Lamar County. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 11, 2011
I'm glad they have been charged with a hate crime.
secret

Paris, TX

#3 Nov 11, 2011
Again, I hope I am on the jury.

NOT GUILTY!

FREE the Reno 3!
metoo

Paris, TX

#4 Nov 12, 2011
The'll walk.
Equality

Paris, TX

#5 Nov 12, 2011
They'll get stiff sentences for sure.
watchout

Paris, TX

#6 Nov 12, 2011
Justice around here isn't always predictable...
bebea

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2011
secret wrote:

NOT GUILTY!

FREE the Reno 3!
lol the jury upped the charges burn baby burn

Location hidden

#8 Nov 13, 2011
secret wrote:
NOT GUILTY!
FREE the Reno 3!
Why do you think they are not guilty? Do you really feel they didn't do it or just feel what they allegedly did was justified and that they should get away with it?

Location hidden

#9 Nov 13, 2011
secret wrote:
NOT GUILTY!
FREE the Reno 3!
So why do you feel they are not guilty?
Jay

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2011
"Hate Crimes" are actions that depend on the persons thoughts at the time of the crime. Do we really want to convict people for their thoughts, and not their actions? Why is beating a gay man, more serious than beating a heterosexual man?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Jay wrote:
"Hate Crimes" are actions that depend on the persons thoughts at the time of the crime. Do we really want to convict people for their thoughts, and not their actions? Why is beating a gay man, more serious than beating a heterosexual man?
Seems that the activists are abusing our legal system..... The Prosecution works for the State and Assaults come in varying degrees of severity. The State prosecutes criminals as the criminal committed the crime against the State. ie, People of Texas vs. XXXXXXX. If the individual victim wants to sue then civil court then works for the individual.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Dec 30, 2011
When is their trial?

Location hidden

#13 Jan 8, 2012
Jay wrote:
They are both equally as serious. Believe it or not the hate crime law also covers straight people but most gays are not going to hate and beat on straights for being straight.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 8, 2012
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Seems that the activists are abusing our legal system..... The Prosecution works for the State and Assaults come in varying degrees of severity. The State prosecutes criminals as the criminal committed the crime against the State. ie, People of Texas vs. XXXXXXX. If the individual victim wants to sue then civil court then works for the individual.....
Federal law supersedes state law and it's against the law to commit a hate crime against someone based on their sexual orientation.
terry

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2012
He didnt get his ass kicked cause he was gay
,he got his ass kicked for startn shit , not guilty
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#16 Mar 13, 2012
terry wrote:
He didnt get his ass kicked cause he was gay
,he got his ass kicked for startn shit , not guilty
1. then why did it take 3 guys to beat him?
2. if it was "self defense" for these 3 guys, why hasn't the police or sherrif's officers arrested burke after conducting their investigation of the crimes that ocurred? if there were evidence that shows burke did in fact begin attacking the 3 guys first, then he would've been arrested around the same time as the 3 guys, or even in stead of the 3 guys.
Fact

United States

#17 Mar 13, 2012
Since the supposed gay hate crime was imposed on 2% of cases have been prosecuted and they involved murder. They will let them plea bargain for a lesser sentence such assault with a deadly weopon the beer bottle, and assault with a barrel of burning wood. A lot depends on the guys previous records, and if the first they will do 6 months to a year in jail and some physchology anger managment classes. Actually the boy hopefully learned you don't hang out with red neck drunks and might stay with his on kind who have the lowest violence rate of anyone. Let the rednecks all f**k each other up. You know they eventually will.
redneck34536789

Paris, TX

#18 Mar 13, 2012
We'd take our chances if you fuchbutts would quit pushing your unclean mentally ill wacko perversions on us, in our churchs, schools, workplaces, government,...

May you get everything you deserve.
Observation

United States

#19 Mar 13, 2012
redneck 34536789 there are over 300 regestered sex offenders in Lamar County and all of them are hetrosexual and have messed with children, and I agree with you their unclean mentally ill, wacko perverted and they want your kids in church, schools, workplaces, governement. May they get everything they deserve. I just wish we could all be red neck. Bet I can be a bigger badder red neck than you. I think your a pu**y yourself. Get out and prove just how freg'n redneck you can be. Kill some old people or steal something. By the way I'm psycopathic and I know who you are and am coming to get you and all your drugs.
x-con

Paris, TX

#20 Mar 13, 2012
who cares

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#21 Mar 13, 2012
Observation wrote:
redneck 34536789 there are over 300 regestered sex offenders in Lamar County and all of them are hetrosexual and have messed with children, and I agree with you their unclean mentally ill, wacko perverted and they want your kids in church, schools, workplaces, governement. May they get everything they deserve. I just wish we could all be red neck. Bet I can be a bigger badder red neck than you. I think your a pu**y yourself. Get out and prove just how freg'n redneck you can be. Kill some old people or steal something. By the way I'm psycopathic and I know who you are and am coming to get you and all your drugs.
Lots of sex offenders in Lamar County...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman arrested on Tuesday after search of resid... Sep 28 Anonymous 3
Paris sex offender arrested for sexually assaul... Sep 26 RSF 26
New Texas State Laws Went into Effect on Monday Sep 12 Janice 1
Larry Ingram Aug '14 Question 1
Commissioners to ponder budget (Aug '10) Aug '14 Just watching 13
Did Two Texas Women Get Mugged By a Cartoon? (Jan '14) Jan '14 wow 3
Gary Young seeks re-election (Dec '07) Nov '13 Anon 334

Lamar County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE