Area solar activity heats up; Energy ...

Area solar activity heats up; Energy companies eye sites near Christmas Valley

There are 2 comments on the The Bulletin story from Aug 28, 2009, titled Area solar activity heats up; Energy companies eye sites near Christmas Valley. In it, The Bulletin reports that:

While government bureaucracy continues to hold up a proposed solar facility at a former military radar base in Christmas Valley, the proposal has attracted two developers to try and cash in on the solar power potential on other sites just south of the Deschutes County line, according to state and local officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Bulletin.

“Truth is Power”

Since: Aug 09

NO Tinfoil Hatery!

#1 Aug 29, 2009
Solar energy,(PHOTOVOLTAIC)on a commercial scale, makes sense in North Lake County.
With the existence of two, high transmission lines that intersect valley, along with the capacitor station at Sand Springs, this the all to obvious location.
The Fort Rock/Christmas Valley area is graced with over 335 days of sun per year: why not let some of the local hay farmers get in on this emerging green industry of solar farming? Forty acres of land sits idle, per average quarter mile pivot. If just one corner is "planted" in photovoltaic, enough "juice" cold be made to run not only the pivot and pump, but also create the energy potential to farm the hay.
If we wait around for the military to "Decider" where to go on this, it will never get done. That's why it is up to "us" t grap the goat by it's horn's and "giter done"!
Luvin every minute of it

Millville, CA

#2 Feb 22, 2010
I can't tell you how much I think this is a fantastic Idea. What say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reward Offered for Information on Oregon Horse ... (Jan '10) Jun '16 sam 4
News CVCC Fall Festival to be held Saturday (Oct '14) Oct '14 Stu 3
News Permit classification changed for proposed comp... (May '13) May '13 Truck noise 3
News Oregon's plans for Alkali Lake herbicide dump r... (Sep '09) Apr '11 green is my fav c... 12
News Seattle man arrested in Lakeview had LSD, Marij... (Jan '11) Jan '11 KGB 1
News Element Power receives Lake County approval for... (Oct '10) Oct '10 seenglweyd 3
News Oregon's plans for Vietnam-era herbicide dump r... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Google This 21
More from around the web