Clermont debates "red light" district

Clermont debates "red light" district

There are 7 comments on the MyFoxOrlando story from Nov 2, 2009, titled Clermont debates "red light" district. In it, MyFoxOrlando reports that:

How would you feel if adult businesses started setting up next to your child's daycare center, or your church? There's a fight going on to stop that from happening in one part of Lake County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxOrlando.

“USA's best moment was not VN”

Since: Jul 09

My Dream "AMERICA" Without War

#1 Nov 10, 2009
CHURCH???

Is that like having a public toe tapping bathroom in a brothel?

SCHOOL???

Perhaps the predatory pedophile educators are afraid of the competition.

The above may sound harsh but the “GREEN LIGHT” district is already in play.
laura speruggia

Clermont, FL

#2 Nov 24, 2009
They could put the stripe clubs on highway 27 off 192, there is hardly anything down there anyway and anyone who wants that type of entertainment can go away from town. They will probably get more of the tourist traffic down there too. Lets not turn Clermont into another Orange Blossom Trail with strip clubs, prostitution and drug dealers. Most of the homeowners in lake county left Orange county to live in a clean and crime free neighborhood. Come on voters get out and voice your opinion. Lets find out who voted for this and lets put them on the unemployement line. We don't need these types of jobs in Lake County!
Sean

Longwood, FL

#3 Nov 25, 2009
Laura, you need to do a bit more reading before you lynch those who voted for this. Without the ordniance, these businesses can set up ANYWHERE in Clermont. I do, however, agree with you on the actual zones. There must be better locations. I don't know that 27 and 192 would work, as they are miles from the city limits (regardless of the fact that they have "Clermont" addresses). But there's got to be better locations. I hope you will join me, Laura, in fighting any adult business that actually applies for a permit in these areas.
Bonny Sanders

United States

#4 Dec 1, 2009
VETVN68 wrote:
CHURCH???
Is that like having a public toe tapping bathroom in a brothel?
SCHOOL???
Perhaps the predatory pedophile educators are afraid of the competition.
The above may sound harsh but the “GREEN LIGHT” district is already in play.
I am not sure why everuone has to be so hateful. Times are tough. My husbadn died this year and the only way I can make ends meet is to work behind closed doors more or less. If adult entertainment is not available, it might not be a safe thing to do and belive me I need to do this. I cannot find a job and it is the only thing I know how to do. Do not judge me, if you were in my shoes you might do the same thing. It doesn't make me a bad person, it just is a way of earning some much needed money.
Joe

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2009
Bonny Sanders wrote:
<quoted text> I am not sure why everuone has to be so hateful. Times are tough. My husbadn died this year and the only way I can make ends meet is to work behind closed doors more or less. If adult entertainment is not available, it might not be a safe thing to do and belive me I need to do this. I cannot find a job and it is the only thing I know how to do. Do not judge me, if you were in my shoes you might do the same thing. It doesn't make me a bad person, it just is a way of earning some much needed money.
I sure hope you are claiming this 'income' on your taxes. If not, you can be in more trouble than just on the local level.
clermont

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#6 Dec 9, 2009
There is no zoning for this type of business so they are trying to zone it somewhere... Would you rather them be able to pop up anywhere??? Come on people get the facts.. This isn't something we can just say " no, we don't want it so don't do it" At least the city is thinking ahead unlike they have done in the past to put this in a industrial area.. And do you really think it will be put in clermont commons. These places need to be X amount a distance away from everything in the commons.
Dan

AOL

#7 Jan 7, 2010
It is such a shame that in this day and age there are so many of you prudes stil around. You want to bash every strip club as a place of prostitution and drug dealing. And call every woman who works at these clubs whores. I have managed and provided security for such clubs all over the country and have never allowed drugs or prostitutes to take over an establishment. Truth be told you could have high levels of drug sales and prostitution around a regular nightclub or bar if the management does pay attention to what's going on, are you going to shut down all of them too. And furthurmore you idiots you could have a drug dealer or prostitute doing business right next door to you and most of you wouldn't even know it. That neighbor with the nice suit and mercedes that you say good morning to as you leave for work just might be the local pusher or pimp. You don't jugde them cause you think they have a RESPECTABLE job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patrick j. Monahan Jr. May 14 peace 2
News 'Ugly broad in a tiara' helps in cancer fight (May '09) Apr '15 Texas_Ave 4
News Judge rules Lake deputy was justified in fatal ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Lobo1 2
News Clermont Shell gas station robber arrested (Jun '14) Jun '14 John 1
velma h (Jun '14) Jun '14 hickman tramp 1
News 'Acropolis?' 'The Hill?' Clermont asks advice f... (Apr '14) May '14 Name it soon 3
T Collins (Mar '14) Mar '14 Abc123 1
More from around the web