Deputies shoot wrong suspect

Deputies shoot wrong suspect

There are 5 comments on the The Daily Commercial story from Jul 17, 2012, titled Deputies shoot wrong suspect. In it, The Daily Commercial reports that:

Lake County sheriff's deputies shot and killed an armed man early Sunday morning at a Leesburg apartment, before discovering he was not the suspect they were searching to find.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Commercial.

Killer

Fort Cobb, OK

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Murder plain and simple he barely had the door open they shot holes all in the door next time A cop knocks on your door my advice to you is run hide in the bathroon or just open fire..... this is whats coming im shocked it was not homeland suckurity trying out their 405 million rounds of hollow points....
Citizens Rights

Whiteville, NC

#2 Jul 17, 2012
This is an absolute outrage and the "officers" should be held personally responsible. They did not announce themselves and even if they did a person has a right to defend themselves (what if someone claimed to be a police officer just to gain entry?). If he did not open the door I am sure the police would have broken the door down with the same end result (but they would claim that he did not follow their orders).

If these officers were professional they would anticipate that they are going to encounter an armed person (they thought that they were knocking on the door of an attempted murderer). They would work with the intention of apprehending that person alive so that he has his day in court.

They did none of that. They picked the wrong door. They did not allow a person his right to protect his property. They killed an innocent person. They must be held accountable as is claimed in the Lake County Sheriff's mission statement.
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Dead Cops equals Safe Citizens. Pass it on.
Rick

Lansing, MI

#4 Jul 23, 2012
What is lake County Florida Like? Let me guess, Republican over paid buffoon dominated. Stand up to this BS. Picket that Sheriff@! If you don't stand up to murder, what do you stand up to@!

Since: Dec 08

New Albany, IN

#5 Dec 14, 2012
THESE COPS DIDN'T ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES; THEY KILLED AN INNOCENT MAN, AND THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, PERIOD. The sheriff and all those involved need to be held accountable; I smell a "wrongful death" lawsuit coming......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Groveland OKs rezoning for 500 homes in swamp (Aug '06) Jun '16 Denny421 2
News Audit 'stunningly critical' of MPO May '16 SMH 8
News Mayor Wolfe's wiife claims he battered her, the... May '16 Juan 2
News Tavares mayor's wife arrested on DUI (Apr '10) May '16 MAYOR and WIFE DI... 5
News Fire-ravaged Vic's Embers to become Dollar General Feb '16 Fatcatal 1
News Deputy won't be charged in fatal shooting (Jan '16) Jan '16 MerrySM 1
News Body found buried in Paisley (Jan '16) Jan '16 wondering minds 1
More from around the web