Why was your car pulled over? It may ...

Why was your car pulled over? It may be 'officer discretion'

There are 2 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 21, 2011, titled Why was your car pulled over? It may be 'officer discretion'. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

When a Mount Dora Police officer decided to drive a bleary-eyed assistant state attorney home instead of arresting him for a DUI, "officer discretion" was invoked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

Just the facts

Elmira, NY

#1 Mar 21, 2011
It's not officer's discretion to be pulled over. It's what happens afterwards is the officer's discretion. Write a ticket, give a warning, a ride home, etc.... He / she still needs probable cause to do the stop.
probable cause

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2011
Lets see. In lake county probably cause is hispanic and driving. Black and driving. And don't dare let that Lt. Vance dude with the LCSO (the one with the long fingers) stop a white male with tattoo's. He's going to stick that finger up your butt everytime! This sucker is attracted to butts and tatt's and I don't know which order! I guess that's his discretion huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Oct '16 Mia 2
News Body found alongside the road in Eustis Sep '16 Anita 2
News Groveland OKs rezoning for 500 homes in swamp (Aug '06) Jun '16 Denny421 2
News Audit 'stunningly critical' of MPO (Apr '16) May '16 SMH 8
News Mayor Wolfe's wiife claims he battered her, the... (May '16) May '16 Juan 2
News Tavares mayor's wife arrested on DUI (Apr '10) May '16 MAYOR and WIFE DI... 5
News Fire-ravaged Vic's Embers to become Dollar General (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fatcatal 1
More from around the web