Fatal Wreck Under Investigation

Fatal Wreck Under Investigation

There are 65 comments on the WDBO-AM Orlando story from Feb 18, 2008, titled Fatal Wreck Under Investigation. In it, WDBO-AM Orlando reports that:

“What went through my mind? That is wasn't him. That it was wrong. I was in denial. I hope authorities have a way of explaining their actions, a lot of people are looking for an explanation.”

A deadly crash in Lakeland this weekend is under investigation. 20 year-old Jeremy Halfacre was arrested after he fled a traffic stop and crashed his vehicle killing his passenger and cousin, 18 year-old Ray ... via WDBO-AM Orlando

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBO-AM Orlando.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just One Voice

Grand Island, FL

#1 Feb 18, 2008
Although I feel for the family of Ray Jenkins and their loss, the blame for his death needs to rest solely on the shoulders of Jeromy Halfacre. Halfacre has two felony warrants for his arrest for crack, poss w/intent within 1000' of a church, fleeing and eluding, and larceny. It was just a matter of time before this crack monkey killed someone and he did. He took the life of one of his own relatives and put an innocent woman in the hospital. I hope he's charged with murder and spends the rest of his life behind bars.
Courtney

Sorrento, FL

#2 Feb 18, 2008
Ray and I were personally friends..we went to the same school and were friends..and it is such a loss...but I know he'll be watching over us...and he's in a better place...He'll always be in my heart always and forever...As for Jeremy...he needs to get his shit straight and fast..he has a long road ahead of him and he is going to have to deal with it for the rest of his life...May he always remember what he did..
KEKE

Ocala, FL

#3 Feb 18, 2008
IT WASNT ALL JEREMY'S FAULT RAY DECIDED TO GET IN THE CAR WIT HIM THAT DAY. AND TO WISH SOMEONE SPENDS THE REST OF THEIR LIFE BEHIND BARS IS RIGHT. WHAT IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT?? AND IT HAPPENED TO YOU. ITS HARD ENOUGH FOR US TO DEAL WIT THIS AND YOUR ON HERE TALKIN BOUT ITS HIS FAULT THATS JUST WRONG. JEREMY KNOWS WHAT HE DID AND HE KNOWS HE GOTTA LIVE WIT THAT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. BUT YOU JUST CANT JUDGE SOME ONE BECAUSE OF THERE PAST OR WHAT THEIR DOING. AND NAME CALLING IS SO CHILDISH FOR YOU TO COME ON HERE AND CALL JEREMY A CRACK MONKEY THATS REALLY NOT RIGHT.
Just One Voice wrote:
Although I feel for the family of Ray Jenkins and their loss, the blame for his death needs to rest solely on the shoulders of Jeromy Halfacre. Halfacre has two felony warrants for his arrest for crack, poss w/intent within 1000' of a church, fleeing and eluding, and larceny. It was just a matter of time before this crack monkey killed someone and he did. He took the life of one of his own relatives and put an innocent woman in the hospital. I hope he's charged with murder and spends the rest of his life behind bars.
Telle

Tampa, FL

#4 Feb 18, 2008
Just One Voice wrote:
As far at this situation you need to mind your own business! No one asked you to comment on this story by adding negative insults! At this moment in time your negativity is not needed at all!! The family is suffering enough with the death and does not need a stranger coming in talking pure stupidity. Yes Jeremy had warrants for his arrest, but he never would have intentionally killed or hurt anyone, that is just the type of person he is! For you to wish someone to be put in jail for the rest of their life, is outrageous, what kind of person are you, what if it was someone you knew very well, would you wish the same thing? Jeremy is dealing with the consequences from his actions in the way God intended him to, and he doesnÂ’t need negative people like you bringing him down! As far as the name calling that is very immature, you have no idea who Jeremy is or what kind of person he is, never judge a book by its cover!
ONE LESS CRACK HEAD

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2008
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE RAN FROM THE POLICE. IF JEREMY WOULD HAVE PULLED OVER HE WOULD BE IN JAIL NOT IN CRITICAL CONDITION, AND RAY WOULDN'T BE IN A COOLER. RAY WASN'T JUST RIDING EITHER, THERE WAS DRUGS IN THAT CAR IM SURE. THESE GUYS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A JOB AND WORKED FOR A LIVING LIKE THE REST OF US AND THEY WOULDN'T BE ALL OVER THE NEWS. SELLING CRACK IN FRONT OF A CHURCH? YOU SHOULD BE SHOT ON SITE. THEN THE REST OF US WOULDN'T NEED TO SUPORT YOU. FOR THOSE WHO THINK THE POLICE ARE AT FAULT, WHAT THE CRAP? THE POLICE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACK HEADS ACTIONS. ITS JUST SAD THAT SOMEONE ELSE WAS INJURED IN THE CRASH, HOPEFULLY SHE RECOVERS WELL.
Bee

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Feb 19, 2008
What a terrible thing to say. At a time like this you would say something like that. At the end of the day Jeremy is still human and no one deserves to be in the situation he is in!!! And farther more he is not a crack head, just because ya mamme is a crack head and she bought it from him doesnt make him bad!!! RIP Ray Ray, we are going to miss you.
ONE LESS CRACK HEAD wrote:
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE RAN FROM THE POLICE. IF JEREMY WOULD HAVE PULLED OVER HE WOULD BE IN JAIL NOT IN CRITICAL CONDITION, AND RAY WOULDN'T BE IN A COOLER. RAY WASN'T JUST RIDING EITHER, THERE WAS DRUGS IN THAT CAR IM SURE. THESE GUYS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A JOB AND WORKED FOR A LIVING LIKE THE REST OF US AND THEY WOULDN'T BE ALL OVER THE NEWS. SELLING CRACK IN FRONT OF A CHURCH? YOU SHOULD BE SHOT ON SITE. THEN THE REST OF US WOULDN'T NEED TO SUPORT YOU. FOR THOSE WHO THINK THE POLICE ARE AT FAULT, WHAT THE CRAP? THE POLICE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACK HEADS ACTIONS. ITS JUST SAD THAT SOMEONE ELSE WAS INJURED IN THE CRASH, HOPEFULLY SHE RECOVERS WELL.
Just One Voice

United States

#7 Feb 19, 2008
KEKK and Telle... It is my business to know where the criminal elements are so I can avoid becoming a victim of their actions and activities. Florida law states that if a person dies during the commission of a felony it's murder. Halfacre made his choices when he decided to run from the police in a cowardly attempt to avoid jail. Another felon off the streets of Lake County is a blessing. He chose to run and it will be the choice of a jury to convict him and send him away to never see the light of freedom again. My condolences to all of those who've had their lives impacted by this thug.
Disgusted

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2008
Yeah...just because he was selling crack and running from his THIRTEENTH felony arrest (according to the LCSO website)when he hit a completely innocent grandmother head-on doesn't mean he's bad!
Bee wrote:
What a terrible thing to say. At a time like this you would say something like that. At the end of the day Jeremy is still human and no one deserves to be in the situation he is in!!! And farther more he is not a crack head, just because ya mamme is a crack head and she bought it from him doesnt make him bad!!! RIP Ray Ray, we are going to miss you.<quoted text>
Just One Voice

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
Yeah...just because he was selling crack and running from his THIRTEENTH felony arrest (according to the LCSO website)when he hit a completely innocent grandmother head-on doesn't mean he's bad!<quoted text>
Exactly... Thanks
Disgusted

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Feb 19, 2008
I mean...who does that lady think she is, anyway?? Getting in Halfacre's way like that when he was busy trying to run? It's all her fault - because she got in Halfacre's way, he got caught and Jenkins is dead. And while I'm at it, What about that police officer, anyway? What right does HE have to try to do his job and arrest Halfacre?
KEKE wrote:
IT WASNT ALL JEREMY'S FAULT RAY DECIDED TO GET IN THE CAR WIT HIM THAT DAY. AND TO WISH SOMEONE SPENDS THE REST OF THEIR LIFE BEHIND BARS IS RIGHT. WHAT IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT?? AND IT HAPPENED TO YOU. ITS HARD ENOUGH FOR US TO DEAL WIT THIS AND YOUR ON HERE TALKIN BOUT ITS HIS FAULT THATS JUST WRONG. JEREMY KNOWS WHAT HE DID AND HE KNOWS HE GOTTA LIVE WIT THAT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. BUT YOU JUST CANT JUDGE SOME ONE BECAUSE OF THERE PAST OR WHAT THEIR DOING. AND NAME CALLING IS SO CHILDISH FOR YOU TO COME ON HERE AND CALL JEREMY A CRACK MONKEY THATS REALLY NOT RIGHT. <quoted text>
KEKE

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Feb 19, 2008
DISGUSTED & JUST ONE VOICE: YALL ARE ON HERE MAKING IT LOOK LIKE JEREMY TRIED TO DO THIS LIKE HE JUST WOKE UP AND SAID "IMMA SEND THE POLICE ON A HIGH SPEED CHASE AND KILL MY BESTFRIEND/COUSIN AND INJURE AN INNOCENT LADY." YALL REALLY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER B/C LIKE I HAD SAID JEREMY KNOWS WHAT HE DID AND HE KNOWS THAT HE IS GONNA HAVE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES. AND YALL STILL ON HERE CALLIN JEREMY CRACKHEADS AND WHATNOT....I MEAN YEAH HE SOLD DRUGS AND IM NOT SAYIN THAT IT WAS RIGHT BUT THATS WHAT HE CHOSE TO DO AND HE KNEW THAT IT CAME WIT CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES. AND HE HAD TO FIND OUT IN THE LONG RUN WHAT HIS CONSEQUENCES WHERE. BUT JEREMY KNOWS WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG AND THAT HE HAS TO LIVE WIT THAT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. BUT SAYING THAT HE DESERVES TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE BEHIND BARS IS CRAZY. R.I.P. RAY E. JENKINS I LOVE U AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE U AGAIN & FAKA KEEP UR HEAD UP UR IN OUR PRAYERS.
Disgusted

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Feb 19, 2008
If we JUST had a system that gave Halfacre a CHANCE...we need a system that provides a free and public education. One that provides public financial assistance, and overlooks prior mistakes so that someone who has only made twelve prior mistakes can start FRESH. THAT's what we NEED.
KEKE

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Feb 19, 2008
NOW UR JUST BEING INGNORANT AND STUPID.
Disgusted wrote:
If we JUST had a system that gave Halfacre a CHANCE...we need a system that provides a free and public education. One that provides public financial assistance, and overlooks prior mistakes so that someone who has only made twelve prior mistakes can start FRESH. THAT's what we NEED.
Disguted

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Feb 19, 2008
No...I'm not being ignorant and stupid - I'm DISGUSTED. DISGUSTED with a system that creates innocent victims and then BLAMES them for being victims. DISGUSTED when you say that Halfacre didn't CHOOSE to kill someone...No, He CHOSE to sling dope, run from the law, and TO HELL with anyone and everyone around him. I'm FED UP and DISGUSTED by those who defend him.
KEKE wrote:
NOW UR JUST BEING INGNORANT AND STUPID. <quoted text>
Just One Voice

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2008
KEKE wrote:
NOW UR JUST BEING INGNORANT AND STUPID. <quoted text>
Really, again??? I beg to differ on who's being ignorant and stupid here KEKE. It was ignorant for him to run from the police. It is ignorant for you to say I have no right to speak my mind about someone who took an innocent life and put an innocent woman in the hospital for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Grow up... Halfacre deserves everything coming his way and I for one cannot wait to see him go to jail for life, period. He chose his path and now it's time to pay for his actions. Also it disgusts me to know that the good citizens of Lake County are going to pay dearly for his medical bills while incarcerated. If anyone lives within 5 blocks of of Bates Ave and Kensington beware. You're surrounded by crack dealing thugs and should arm yourselves against these criminals.
Nakia

Orlando, FL

#16 Feb 19, 2008
Just One Voice wrote:
KEKK and Telle... It is my business to know where the criminal elements are so I can avoid becoming a victim of their actions and activities. Florida law states that if a person dies during the commission of a felony it's murder. Halfacre made his choices when he decided to run from the police in a cowardly attempt to avoid jail. Another felon off the streets of Lake County is a blessing. He chose to run and it will be the choice of a jury to convict him and send him away to never see the light of freedom again. My condolences to all of those who've had their lives impacted by this thug.
Look i know Jeremy well we were going together a while ago and to have a close friend in this situation is bad enough. jeremy know what he did and im pretty sure he doesnt want to be reminded. i know he didnt mean for things to turn out this way. yes he shouldnt have ran but lay off him. jeremy is not in control of his body and mental reactions and neeither is any of us. that was a time when the devil really got a hold of him and God let things happen for a reason so if u blaming Jeremy you might as well blame God. That could have been you in one of those cars. And im not saying this because i used to go out with him. it hurts to know that you have a close friend that died and one that ended up in critical condition. I love everybody because God says so. what they do wit their life has nothing to do with it. And God said if you dont want to be judged then dont judge anyone else when you dont even know them. I can call you plenty of names but im not going to. When your parents or guardians are active in drugs wat do you expect a smart school boy. wrong answer. Jeremy once told me that he wanted to quit and go to school. but its not easy to exit a gang. I prayed to God to give Jeremy another chance at life every chance i got evverytime i mention his name or think about him i cry and i dont appreciate you putting things on the internet callin him names and so forth. We as a people need to stop criticizing each other and try to help one another. I love Jeremy with all my heart and will always be here for him and he knows it. And Ray Ray imma miss you dog. But yeah my point should have been made. And thank you all who isnt criticizing.
Nakia

Orlando, FL

#17 Feb 19, 2008
Disguted wrote:
No...I'm not being ignorant and stupid - I'm DISGUSTED. DISGUSTED with a system that creates innocent victims and then BLAMES them for being victims. DISGUSTED when you say that Halfacre didn't CHOOSE to kill someone...No, He CHOSE to sling dope, run from the law, and TO HELL with anyone and everyone around him. I'm FED UP and DISGUSTED by those who defend him.<quoted text>
im disgusted wit you. like my homegirl says Jeremy knows wat he did he didnt choose to kill ray ray but it happened and he didnt choose to hurt that lady but it happened. like i told"just one voice" God lets things happen for a reason. And like i learned in church Sunday the blind man didnt ask to be blind but God told the people that neither him or his parents did anything wrong for him to be born blind. God said he was born blind to show people of his miracles. This accident happened for a reason and God knows it all so if you want to blame anyone blame God and if you do then be wit it cuz i wont see you in Hell.
Disgusted

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Feb 20, 2008
No, you're right...the BLIND man didn't ask to be BORN BLIND. But a crack dealer wasn't BORN a crack dealer...he made himself INTO one, WITHOUT God's help.
Nakia wrote:
<quoted text>
im disgusted wit you. like my homegirl says Jeremy knows wat he did he didnt choose to kill ray ray but it happened and he didnt choose to hurt that lady but it happened. like i told"just one voice" God lets things happen for a reason. And like i learned in church Sunday the blind man didnt ask to be blind but God told the people that neither him or his parents did anything wrong for him to be born blind. God said he was born blind to show people of his miracles. This accident happened for a reason and God knows it all so if you want to blame anyone blame God and if you do then be wit it cuz i wont see you in Hell.
SLW

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Feb 20, 2008
Why all of yall leaving yall nasty comments what yall need to do is figure out why yall worried bout it. It aint like he meant to kill his cousin. Although it was a traggic accident and Jeremy was driving the car it could have easily been the other way around.I dont think yall would be saying all this if it was somebody in yall family. My cousing dead and he aint coming back but he in a better place and Jeremy we love you and we with you 100%. And Ray we gone take care of them babies for you.
Bee

Center Hill, FL

#20 Feb 20, 2008
JEREMY I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!! RIP RAY RAY...BRA IM GOING TO MISS YOU WITH ALL MY HEART...YOU HAD THEM TALKING WHEN YOU WAS HERE AND NOW PEOPLE TALKING WHILE YOU GONE....BABY WE GONNA SHINE FOR YOU!!! I LOVE YOU RAY RAY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing Clermont woman suffers from delusional ... Feb 14 ynotpw 1
Lake County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Oct '16 Mia 2
News Body found alongside the road in Eustis Sep '16 Anita 2
News Groveland OKs rezoning for 500 homes in swamp (Aug '06) Jun '16 Denny421 2
News Audit 'stunningly critical' of MPO (Apr '16) May '16 SMH 8
News Mayor Wolfe's wiife claims he battered her, the... (May '16) May '16 Juan 2
News Tavares mayor's wife arrested on DUI (Apr '10) May '16 MAYOR and WIFE DI... 5
More from around the web