81-year-old woman missing

Oct 20, 2010 Full story: The Daily Commercial

Officials with the Lake County Sheriff's Office being searching for an 81-year-old woman with memory problems, last seen Monday leaving for the grocery store.

Full Story
Debi

Apopka, FL

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Why is there no Silver Alert? Comments were made that she may have memory loss. Pulix has now shown pictur of man with her in store, He may be a sex offender,,,again,,why now silver alert? I am a concerend neighbor.
No Alerts Period

Barnesville, OH

#2 Jan 6, 2011
THIS IS THE LATEST RELEASE ON MS. PATRICK. NO MENTION IS MADE THAT SHE WAS FOUND IN POLK COUNTY DEAD! DONALD OTIS WILLIAMS IS STILL IN JAIL FOR VOP OF THE 2000 PROBATION HE RECEIVED FOR KIDNAPING AND RAPE FROM THE WALGREENS AT 441 & 473

HE HAD NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANY CRIMES INVOLVING MS PATRICK'S DISAPPEARANCE OR DEATH!

UPDATE ON JANET LOUISE PATRICK CASE
Oct 25, 2010

Lake County sheriff’s detectives are continuing to investigate the disappearance of 81-year-old Janet Louise Patrick of Leesburg and are requesting assistance from the public. The suspect in Mrs. Patrick’s disappearance, Donald Otis Williams, is in custody in the Lake County Detention Center on a warrant for a violation of his sexual offender probation after he absconded to Polk County, where he was located and taken into custody for the warrant on Saturday, October 23, 2010. At the time Williams was taken into custody, he was in possession of Mrs. Patrick’s vehicle and her credit cards were found in his wallet. Mrs. Patrick, her purse, nor any of her clothing has yet to be found. Detectives attempted to interview Williams upon his being taken into custody, but he did not cooperate and did not appear to be credible or forthcoming. Upon searching Mrs. Patrick’s vehicle, sticks and foliage were found in the trunk, which leads detectives to believe that Williams has been in a wooded area while driving the vehicle. In addition, information was provided to detectives that Williams had recently borrowed what was described as a red fiberglass shovel with a square head from an acquaintance in the town of Davenport, located in Polk County. On Monday, October 25, 2010, Williams stated publicly in interviews with various news media organizations that he was with Mrs. Patrick when the two were carjacked by an unknown black male in the Shoppes of Lake Village parking lot in Leesburg on the date she was last seen (October 18, 2010). He further indicated that the unknown suspect drove them to the Poinciana area in Polk County, where Williams was able to flee after observing Mrs. Patrick in the trunk appearing to be deceased. He stated this observation and his escape took place in an undeveloped, wooded area somewhere in the eastern portion of Polk County and further stated that this could possibly be where Mrs. Patrick is located. No evidence to support the carjacking claim has been found and Lake County detectives are coordinating with Polk County sheriff’s detectives in hopes of locating Mrs. Patrick. Detectives are asking anyone who may have seen Williams during the last week to call the Sheriff’s Office and provide the information concerning his recent whereabouts to them. Detectives are especially interested in speaking with anyone who may have seen Williams, or the white 2000 Chevrolet Impala that belonged to Mrs. Patrick, near a wooded area in Central Florida during the last week. Photographs of Williams’ tattoo are attached to the Media Releases section of the Sheriff's Office website in an effort to help members of the public recognize him, if in fact they have seen him. The tattoo appears on Williams' left bicep and depicts a surfer on a surfboard. Those with information can also call Central Florida CRIMELINE at 1-800-423-TIPS, where they may be eligible for a reward. Lieutenant John Herrell

Secret Deaths

Barnesville, OH

#3 Jan 6, 2011
The Lake County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that the body found in a wooded area in Polk County on Tuesday is the elderly woman who went missing last week. Janet Louise Patrick, 81, was last seen last Monday inside a Publix in Lake Count.

BUT, TO THIS DATE THEY HAVE NOT MADE A RELEASE ON THE SHERIFF'S WEBSITE ACKNOWLEDGING THE DEATH OF MS. PATRICK! THEY ARE CONCERNED THAT JUDGE MARK NACKE RE-INSTATED WILLIAMS SEX OFFENDER PROBATION IN JUNE 2010 FOR AN ARREST IN APRIL 2010 AND PUT HIM BACK ON THE STREET! THIS MAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL SINCE HE KIDNAPPED AND RAPED A LADY IN 2000 BUT, HE HAS PLAYED THE SYSTEM AND BEEN ON PROBATION ALL THE YEARS! NOW HE HAS COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE CRIME AND AN INNOCENT UNSUSPECTING LADY IS DEAD AT HIS HANDS! DON'T YOU WONDER HOW THESE "OFFICIALS" WOULD FEEL IF HE KILLED THEIR LOVED ONES? THEY WOULD BE WANTING TO CHANGE THE "FREE THE CRIMINALS' MAKE BELIEVE MONEY COLLECTING PROBATION SYSTEM IN PLACE TODAY!

Stephanie

Washougal, WA

#4 Nov 1, 2011
If I could have stopped this from happening that day, I would have. After I heard of Janet's death I sat in front of Publix for a week in between the store and pet-smart waiting for any male to approach me. Just so I could have someone to blame. But no one came. I can't begin to express how angry I was. She came in, bought her groceries, never said a mean word to anyone. That man should have gotten the death penalty 11 years ago. With that being said, this would have never happened thanks to whoever was stupid enough to release this person.

Sincerely,
A girl who kept quiet for too long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge rules Lake deputy was justified in fatal ... Sep '14 Lobo1 2
Clermont Shell gas station robber arrested Jun '14 John 1
velma h (Jun '14) Jun '14 hickman tramp 1
'Acropolis?' 'The Hill?' Clermont asks advice f... (Apr '14) May '14 Name it soon 3
T Collins (Mar '14) Mar '14 Abc123 1
Iwo Jima survivor raised first American flag on... (Mar '12) Feb '14 Lobo1 4
Boy's slingshot leads to probation, essay (Jul '07) Dec '13 Bob 31
More from around the web