Lake Co. Man Shoots, Kills Intruder

There are 20 comments on the WESH-TV story from Nov 20, 2009, titled Lake Co. Man Shoots, Kills Intruder. In it, WESH-TV reports that:

A Sorrento man shot and killed a man he said was trying to steal his property, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WESH-TV.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#1 Nov 20, 2009
What you did was a brave and honorable deed. Every person has the right to defend what is his. Thank you for ridding this world of one more scum bag. And thank you for being there to protect my sister from intruders such as that being.
curious

Oneida, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2009
What he did was wrong, what you did was murder. For what? Things are now worth more than a human life. This wasn't a home invasion. It was an equipment trailer. This was petty theft. This wasn't self defense. The homeowner was mad, he was determined to make someone pay, he stole a LIFE and you people chear him on. You are worse than a thief.

This kid was probably trying to run away. I really don't believe the homeowners story.

He was shot in the ankle, and where else? The back maybe.
Julie Snyder

Mount Dora, FL

#3 Nov 20, 2009
The man murdered my fiance. We had a six week old newborn together and now his son will never get to know his father. My fiance has never owned a weapon and was not a confrontational person. I know for a fact that he was just trying to run away. The man just wasnted to make sure he didnn't get away. It was murder and the man should be in jail right now. If not he will definately be seeing a law suit from me. My fiance was a good man just made a bad decision. He had just been laid off from his job and was trying to make ends meet for his family. What this man did was murder and he is the only witness to this crime and of course he is going to say it was self defense. I hope he has a guilty concious for the rest of his life for taking a wonderful father away from his family.
Christina

Leesburg, FL

#4 Nov 20, 2009
Obviously he wasn't trying to run away if bullet went through the front! HELLO?! If he was running away it would have went through his back and then the man who shot him would have been charged. But obviously since the man was not charged, then it must have went through his chest which means the intruder was coming to him with possibly the intent to harm him! The man who shot him is a hero! Standing up for himself against another common thief.
LOL

AOL

#5 Nov 20, 2009
Then lady should have kept him home, then it may not have happened.
curious

Oneida, TN

#6 Nov 20, 2009
Hero, hardly, coward yes. He went out there with the intent to kill. Maybe you should be killed for cheating on your taxes, or lying, or any number of things. No ones hands are clean. That doesn't mean they deserve to die.

When it is your son, your husband, your father, and someone claims self defense when you know better, then see how you feel.

How do you know that he want still be charged.

He knows what he did. He feels it in his very own soul. I just hope he reads this and knows that others know what he did. Some of his neighbors know and God knows.
LOL

AOL

#7 Nov 21, 2009
It's so sad that this society has to succumb to so much evil. The guy could've went and tried to get some help. But no he went to someone else's place to steal something that another person had worked hard to get. I'm not saddened by stupidity.
curious

Oneida, TN

#8 Nov 22, 2009
Then be saddened by the lack of humanity. For a life lost. For a family that lost more than anything you will ever know.

And just so you know, he did try to get help.

Why not just arm clerks at stores so they can just shoot and kill all the shoplifters. Just do away with the justice system, just shoot and kill anyone who does anything wrong. What is a life worth now?$2,$10,$20 heck maybe even $50.

Heck lets just take out all the stupid people, but wait, there wouldn't be anyone left would there?
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#9 Nov 22, 2009
curious wrote:
What he did was wrong, what you did was murder. For what? Things are now worth more than a human life. This wasn't a home invasion. It was an equipment trailer. This was petty theft. This wasn't self defense. The homeowner was mad, he was determined to make someone pay, he stole a LIFE and you people chear him on. You are worse than a thief.
This kid was probably trying to run away. I really don't believe the homeowners story.
He

was shot in the ankle, and where else? The back maybe.
CURIOUS, you live in Tn and have no idea what you're talking about. You are worse than a thief if you condone what that scum bag did!
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#10 Nov 22, 2009
curious wrote:
Hero, hardly, coward yes. He went out there with the intent to kill. Maybe you should be killed for cheating on your taxes, or lying, or any number of things. No ones hands are clean. That doesn't mean they deserve to die.
When it is your son, your husband, your father, and someone claims self defense when you know better, then see how you feel.
How do you know that he want still be charged.
He knows what he did. He feels it in his very own soul. I just hope he reads this and knows that others know what he did. Some of his neighbors know and God knows.
You want to talk about God? That scum bag broke one (and I'm sure many others) commandments. THOU SHALL NOT STEAL
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#11 Nov 22, 2009
God also had an army, if you know your bible. And that was do to away with evil people, such as that thief
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#12 Nov 22, 2009
Julie Snyder wrote:
The man murdered my fiance. We had a six week old newborn together and now his son will never get to know his father. My fiance has never owned a weapon and was not a confrontational person. I know for a fact that he was just trying to run away. The man just wasnted to make sure he didnn't get away. It was murder and the man should be in jail right now. If not he will definately be seeing a law suit from me. My fiance was a good man just made a bad decision. He had just been laid off from his job and was trying to make ends meet for his family. What this man did was murder and he is the only witness to this crime and of course he is going to say it was self defense. I hope he has a guilty concious for the rest of his life for taking a wonderful father away from his family.
I also have lost my job, but i don't go out stealing and stalking neighborhoods like your fiance.
curious

Oneida, TN

#13 Nov 22, 2009
What about thou shalt not kill. Or do you only uphold the ones that serve your purpose.

Oh and I do know what I'm talking about. I knew the boy his whole childhood. I still live right around the corner from the murderer.
curious

Oneida, TN

#14 Nov 22, 2009
What commandments have you broken in your life Mary Kopas, do you deserve to die for them?
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#15 Nov 22, 2009
curious wrote:
What commandments have you broken in your life Mary Kopas, do you deserve to die for them?
we are all sinners, miss curious. get a life
MEE

Oneida, TN

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Mary Kopas wrote:
<quoted text>
CURIOUS, you live in Tn and have no idea what you're talking about. You are worse than a thief if you condone what that scum bag did!
Being from Apopka I'm surprised you even know where Tn. is let alone speak English.......You're the D.A. Mary
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#17 Nov 23, 2009
MEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Being from Apopka I'm surprised you even know where Tn. is let a

lone speak English.......You're the D.A. Mary
LOL, not originally from florida, alot further north than a Tn ridge runner. Done with you
Nicholas Ellis

Orlando, FL

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Im disgusted with everyone standing up for the guy who shot Brett, Brett was a good dude and literally would of NEVER charged the guy holding the gun. Draw a line in the sand and the first person without sin can throw the stone
curious

Oneida, TN

#19 Nov 23, 2009
Brett had a heart of gold. He loved and was greatly loved back. That is something that no one will ever be able to take from him.
Mary Kopas

Casselberry, FL

#20 Nov 23, 2009
right good dudes with a heart of gold stalk neighborhoods and steal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Ugly broad in a tiara' helps in cancer fight (May '09) Apr 3 Texas_Ave 4
News Judge rules Lake deputy was justified in fatal ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Lobo1 2
News Clermont Shell gas station robber arrested (Jun '14) Jun '14 John 1
velma h (Jun '14) Jun '14 hickman tramp 1
News 'Acropolis?' 'The Hill?' Clermont asks advice f... (Apr '14) May '14 Name it soon 3
T Collins (Mar '14) Mar '14 Abc123 1
News Iwo Jima survivor raised first American flag on... (Mar '12) Feb '14 Lobo1 4
More from around the web