Lake County Wants Solar Panels For Garage

Full story: Orlando Sentinel
Lake County hopes to win a $2.8-million federal grant to put solar panels on top of its new seven-story parking garage. Full Story
Old Timer

Summerfield, FL

#1 May 19, 2009
"The grant, distributed by the U.S. Department of Energy, is available to communities seeking financial aid for projects that improve energy efficiency or produce long-term, renewable energy sources."

How about giving me a grant for about $5,000.00 so I can cover my roof with solar panels and "go green". A lot of "regular folks" would love to have solar panels but just can't afford it.
Clark

United States

#2 May 19, 2009
Old Timer wrote:
"The grant, distributed by the U.S. Department of Energy, is available to communities seeking financial aid for projects that improve energy efficiency or produce long-term, renewable energy sources."
How about giving me a grant for about $5,000.00 so I can cover my roof with solar panels and "go green". A lot of "regular folks" would love to have solar panels but just can't afford it.
Lake County Commisioners, Leesburg leaders, anybody else interested in saving energy and money.... Please look at this link.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
Old Timer

Summerfield, FL

#3 May 20, 2009
Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lake County Commisioners, Leesburg leaders, anybody else interested in saving energy and money.... Please look at this link.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
Fine article but some of us older folks won't be around in 20 years when it's paid off. But the "county" is planning on getting a "federal grant" and that doesn't have to be paid back.
Clark

United States

#4 May 26, 2009
Well Old Timer - If you have some time on your hands... Maybe you should go on down to your local County Commision meeting or City Council meeting and mention the idea to help fund/encourage local homeowners to get them to install solar panels on their homes so we can all start harvesting the free energy that is showering down on us every day.

I already made a similar speech to the Eustis Town Council a couple of months ago on this issue, and I HOPE others will also go and talk to them on this subject.

The Rube Lab folks have already made great inroads in encouraging the Eustis Council to support green energy initiatives, and the more intested citizens that they hear from might just keep them moving forward.

This is not pie in the sky stuff folks.... If we get some good ideas going and if we keep them in front of our elected officials who CONTROL the PURSE STRINGS .... We can change for the better.

HEY - here is a good idea! Maybe that there new "Green Bank" in Eustis might be interested in making low interest loans over 20 years for homeowners to buy and install solar panels on their homes to generate power? Maybe they might like to set up a Solar Energy Project and allow people to buy these systems in bulk at lower prices...

Just a thought for all the people trying to encourage Green Technology here in Lake County. The TIME IS NOW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge rules Lake deputy was justified in fatal ... Sep '14 Lobo1 2
Clermont Shell gas station robber arrested Jun '14 John 1
velma h Jun '14 hickman tramp 1
'Acropolis?' 'The Hill?' Clermont asks advice f... (Apr '14) May '14 Name it soon 3
T Collins (Mar '14) Mar '14 Abc123 1
Iwo Jima survivor raised first American flag on... (Mar '12) Feb '14 Lobo1 4
Boy's slingshot leads to probation, essay (Jul '07) Dec '13 Bob 31

Lake County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE