Is it profiling? Lake County detains ...

Is it profiling? Lake County detains more than 200 suspected of being illegal immigrants

There are 17 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 9, 2009, titled Is it profiling? Lake County detains more than 200 suspected of being illegal immigrants. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

During the past two years, the Lake County Sheriff's Office detained more than 200 people solely because they were suspected of being an illegal or undocumented immigrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

Richard A Riker

Leesburg, FL

#1 Jul 17, 2009
Seems to me that the Lake County Sheriffs are the only local police force doing their job in central Florida. I hope they keep it up and more local police forces take a cue from them and do their part stem an invasion that has been financially draining our country for years.
August

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 17, 2009
Why is it profiling if they are breaking the law by being here illegally in the first place? I don't have a problem with people wanting to come here for a better life. Just do it legally. What's the problem with that? Thousands of people do it every year. Many thousands more don't. That's a lot of the frustration that many Americans feel in regard to illegal immigration.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#3 Jul 17, 2009
August wrote:
Why is it profiling if they are breaking the law by being here illegally in the first place? I don't have a problem with people wanting to come here for a better life. Just do it legally. What's the problem with that? Thousands of people do it every year. Many thousands more don't. That's a lot of the frustration that many Americans feel in regard to illegal immigration.
I live in Lake county. The part of the story not being told is this. Last year a deputy was called out on a noise complaint. When he arrived he was beaten by over 8 men who later turned out to be illegal aliens. Can you imagine they actually thought they could beat on a cop and get away with it? from that day on, the free ride in Lake county was over.
August

Miami, FL

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Jonny Was wrote:
<quoted text>I live in Lake county. The part of the story not being told is this. Last year a deputy was called out on a noise complaint. When he arrived he was beaten by over 8 men who later turned out to be illegal aliens. Can you imagine they actually thought they could beat on a cop and get away with it? from that day on, the free ride in Lake county was over.
I want to move to Lake County.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#5 Jul 18, 2009
August wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to move to Lake County.
You might want to wait. The P.C. police and A.C.L.U. are coming in to tell us what lawbreakers we are for wanting the laws enforced. Yes, even in Lake County the world has turned upside down!
August

Miami, FL

#6 Jul 18, 2009
Jonny Was wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to wait. The P.C. police and A.C.L.U. are coming in to tell us what lawbreakers we are for wanting the laws enforced. Yes, even in Lake County the world has turned upside down!
I think maybe one of the reasons I'm so bitter anymore is because Florida wasn't always like this. When I grew up, Florida was a great place to live. Now it seems all the freaks in the country have sifted here to the bottom. I want out!
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#7 Jul 18, 2009
August wrote:
<quoted text>
I think maybe one of the reasons I'm so bitter anymore is because Florida wasn't always like this. When I grew up, Florida was a great place to live. Now it seems all the freaks in the country have sifted here to the bottom. I want out!
I wonder what Australia is like?
August

Miami, FL

#8 Jul 18, 2009
Aside from the koala bears and the lack of Spanish speakers, I imagine it's not much different. You should all ready be used to the malaluceas and Austrailian pines. Or maybe that's just down here in South Florida. Oh, and their 'gators are bigger than ours. LOL
Leon

Bolingbrook, IL

#9 Jul 18, 2009
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans will say the same about their communities. Running away from the invasion will only delay the inevitable. Take a stand and fight for what rightfully belongs to us. Call your local radio stations, write your local papers, and keep pressure on the politicians that allow the invasion and those that do nothing to stop it.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#10 Jul 18, 2009
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans will say the same about their communities. Running away from the invasion will only delay the inevitable. Take a stand and fight for what rightfully belongs to us. Call your local radio stations, write your local papers, and keep pressure on the politicians that allow the invasion and those that do nothing to stop it.
Thats exactly what the residents of Lake County did! Now The A.C.L.U. is threatning to bankrupt the County with slapsuits.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#11 Jul 18, 2009
August wrote:
Aside from the koala bears and the lack of Spanish speakers, I imagine it's not much different. You should all ready be used to the malaluceas and Austrailian pines. Or maybe that's just down here in South Florida. Oh, and their 'gators are bigger than ours. LOL
Do you live in Hollywood?
What

United States

#12 Jul 18, 2009
The A-ACLU in action again?
How about an FBI investigation
as to the A-ACLU? I'm sick and
tired of them acting on behalf
of illegals.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#13 Jul 18, 2009
What wrote:
The A-ACLU in action again?
How about an FBI investigation
as to the A-ACLU? I'm sick and
tired of them acting on behalf
of illegals.
Dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen!
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#14 Jul 18, 2009
Now they can sing this to the tune of Feliz Navidad. The Police have my dad, The Police have my dad........................
August

Miami, FL

#15 Jul 18, 2009
Jonny Was wrote:
<quoted text>Do you live in Hollywood?
Actually I live in Miramar, which is worse. But the server says Hollywood, which is where I work.
Jonny Was

Windermere, FL

#16 Jul 18, 2009
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I live in Miramar, which is worse. But the server says Hollywood, which is where I work.
I bet your real happy about the changes there in the past 25 years.
August

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 18, 2009
Jonny Was wrote:
<quoted text>I bet your real happy about the changes there in the past 25 years.
I WANT OUT!!!! I want oaks and pines. I want fresh air! I want to be around A LOT less people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Groveland OKs rezoning for 500 homes in swamp (Aug '06) Jun '16 Denny421 2
News Audit 'stunningly critical' of MPO May '16 SMH 8
News Mayor Wolfe's wiife claims he battered her, the... May '16 Juan 2
News Tavares mayor's wife arrested on DUI (Apr '10) May '16 MAYOR and WIFE DI... 5
News Fire-ravaged Vic's Embers to become Dollar General Feb '16 Fatcatal 1
News Deputy won't be charged in fatal shooting (Jan '16) Jan '16 MerrySM 1
News Body found buried in Paisley (Jan '16) Jan '16 wondering minds 1
More from around the web